Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The kid really just got that weapon the day before from his dad?  

it’s like that guy who failed with Steve Scalise- I keep harping about the importance of range time.

• Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I don't understand how an agent or other leo wasn't on the highest roof top right next to the location of the shooter.

Only thing i can think of is the snipers thought they had a great vantage point of it, between the two teams of two, i bet they felt like there is no way someone is getting on that roof without us seeing him.

They got lazy i think and all it took was a minute.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

That isn't a he had it coming post.  NOBODY should have that coming, not the kids in Sandy Hook, not the kids in Uvalde, not the people at Pulse and no not even Donald or the people at that rally.  It's that one party lead by one person has fostered it coming...and that should be nauseating to anybody.  

Malarky. Seeing all the democrat politicians switching their tunes to wishing satan/Hitler/ the existential threat to democracy and our constitution etc. a speedy recovery sure is something.

IMG_0681.thumb.png.70741cd0b8fe7a99f5b7c0d6d7ea7640.png

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Malarky. Seeing all the democrat politicians switching their tunes to wishing satan/Hitler/ the existential threat to democracy and our constitution etc. a speedy recovery sure is something.

i was about to say 'it's more than their counterparts would do'...

but then Ted did it for me lol

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

That's called grace, something Donald Trump is unfamiliar with.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Are you saying the same thing about your radical republicans who have said that Biden and dems are a threat to America and your way of life now changing their tune saying “we need to tone down the political rhetoric”?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Once you’ve mocked American POWs, I think it’s fair to expect zero sympathy for any situation for the rest of your life.

I get the sense the RNC is going to massively overplay this. If I'm reading the room right, there's not as much sympathy out there as there would need to be for them to lean into this victimhood posture.

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Are you saying the same thing about your radical republicans who have said that Biden and dems are a threat to America and your way of life now changing their tune saying “we need to tone down the political rhetoric”?

Both sides 🤪

But sure all of that language is idiotic when it’s not founded in reality (which is pretty much all of it) regardless of who’s spouting it.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Both sides 🤪

But sure all of that language is idiotic when it’s not founded in reality (which is pretty much all of it) regardless of who’s spouting it.

I'm sure you wish The Donald would tone down the idiotic rhetoric.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Both sides 🤪

TIL labeling a guy who literally tried to overthrow democracy as a danger to democracy is idiotic language 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Donald Trump is the primary existential threat facing this country.

I lamented (and still lament) yesterday's assignation attempt

Good post, but you’re the third or fourth poster to have assassination auto-corrected (? I guess?) to assignation. Just an observation 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Good post, but you’re the third or fourth poster to have assassination auto-corrected (? I guess?) to assignation. Just an observation 

Maybe they mess around with classy broads

5 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The definition of assignation made me lol

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Biden cancels his trip to austin. 

Well considering the track record in Texas for keeping Presidents safe….

I would also imagine many upcoming events will be curtailed or canceled. 

Plus, if he came to Austin traffic would suck Monday, Getting downtown for me is always a struggle. I have free time tomorrow and I wanted to go check out the new safety measures and path near Rainey that’s recently been completed. :) Gotta check stuff out. Maybe bring my big ass ladder. 

Are we are going to have to do that Pope mobile thing with Biden/Harris and Trump/VP candidate? 

No. Traumatic brain injuries and attempted murder are not funny. Trying to dehumanize him by stating he is homosexual is disgusting

That’s a strong bold post. I’d love to see you defend this old drunk that could’ve killed anybody on the highway a few weeks prior to the hammer attack when he got his dui.
  • Fuck You 1

I have a ton of questions, like a lot of people. Why was he on stage for 15-20 seconds after he was shot? Why was he allowed to stand there and pose? Why wasn't he fly tackled with 100 SS on top of him? Something is fucky here and it goes beyond incompetence. We'll probably never know.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Well considering the track record in Texas for keeping Presidents safe….

I would also imagine many upcoming events will be curtailed or canceled. 

Plus, if he came to Austin traffic would suck Monday, Getting downtown for me is always a struggle. I have free time tomorrow and I wanted to go check out the new safety measures and path near Rainey that’s recently been completed. :) Gotta check stuff out. Maybe bring my big ass ladder. 

Are we are going to have to do that Pope mobile thing with Biden/Harris and Trump/VP candidate? 

I'm gonna bet if there are any rallies for either candidate going forward they won't be outside and there will be security to the max. kinda like the debates, though, not sure campaigning changes a lot of minds at this stage of the game. I dunno. The whole thing is wild and I'm strapped in for whatever happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I have a ton of questions, like a lot of people. Why was he on stage for 15-20 seconds after he was shot? Why was he allowed to stand there and pose? Why wasn't he fly tackled with 100 SS on top of him? Something is fucky here and it goes beyond incompetence. We'll probably never know.

Here’s a transcript of the audio from the shooting and aftermath at the podium with Trump and Secret Service members, starting just after 6 p.m ET Saturday:

18:11:33: Shots are fired.

18.11:34: Trump touches the right side of his face.

18:11:35: Trump takes cover as agents rush to the podium.

Male agent 1: “Get down, get down, get down.”

More shots heard as Trump surrounded by agents.

18:11:41: Female agent: “What’re we doing, what’re we doing.” “Where are we going…”

Man indistinctly yelling.

18:11.50: Gunshot, then woman screams.

18:11:58: Male agent 2: “Go around to the spare, go around to the spare.”

18:12:00: Male agent 3 says something like: “Move to the spare, hold, hold, when you’re ready, on you.”

(“Spare” refers to a spare limousine.)

18:12:01: Male agent 2: “Ready”

18:12:02: Male agent 3: “Move!”

18:12:03: Male agent 2: “Up!”

18:12:03: Male agent 3: “Move!”

18:12:04: Male agent 4: “Go, go, go.”

18:12:06: Male agent 2: “Hawkeye’s here.”

18:12:06: Female agent 1: “Hawkeye’s here, moving to the spare.”

(“Hawkeye” is the code name for the counter assault team.)

18:12:09: Male agent 4: “Spare get ready, spare get ready.”

18:12:10: Male agent 2: “You ready?”

18:12:16-21: Agents: “Shooter’s down, shooter’s down, are we good to move?”

18:12:21: Male agent: “Shooter’s down. We’re good to move.”

18:12:22: Female agent: “Are we clear?”

18:12:23: Agents: “We’re clear, we’re clear, we’re clear.”

18:12:23: Male agent: “Let’s move, let’s move.”

Agents start to stand up, lifting Trump.

18:12:33: Trump: “Let me get my shoes, let me get my shoes.”

18:12:35: Male agent 2: “I got you sir, I got you sir.”

18:12:36: Trump: “Let me get my shoes on.”

18:12:37: Another male agent: “hold on, your head is bloody.”

18:12:39: Male agent 2: “Sir we’ve got to move to the car sir.”

18:12:42: Trump: “Let me get my shoes.”

18:12:43: Female agent: “OK, [inaudible].”

18:12:47: Trump: “Wait, wait, wait” then fist pumps to crowd. He mouths “fight” three times – a move met with cheers by the crowd.

18:12:54: Agent: “We got to move, we got to move.”

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The kid really just got that weapon the day before from his dad?  

There’s something a few pages back saying 6 months. Don’t know which is true. Recent purchase would make more sense on lack of an optic. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Both sides 🤪

53 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Do you disagree that Trump has openly called for violence?

Do you disagree that he has called people that live in this country vermin? (https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213746885/trump-vermin-hitler-immigration-authoritarian-republican-primary)

Do you disagree that he suggest someone could exercise their 2nd amendment rights if Hillary Clinton has won? https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-2nd-amendment-folks-stop-clintons-supreme-court/story?id=41239648

Do you believe that he has discussed executing people who disagree with him? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jun/15/trump-white-house-leaker-execution

Do you believe he mocked Pelosi's husband for being attacked? https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/29/trump-mocks-pelosi-family-as-he-rallies-conservative-support-in-california-00119243

Do you believe Trump posted a picture of Biden being hog tied? https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/4/1/trump-posts-video-with-image-of-biden-bound-and-tied

Do you believe that he routinely threatens the press and encourages violence against its members? https://www.axios.com/2022/05/02/trump-call-violence-presidency

Do you believe that he led an attempted violent coup in order to stay in power? 

Trump foments violence against anyone he dislikes with his rhetoric. He threatens to jail, execute, and/deport large segments of our population. He threatens to jail his political enemies not for having committed actual crimes, but merely for daring to oppose him. And yet now you act shocked that any of this might have contributed to violence against him. Whether he deserves violence is irrelevant. But he does absolutely share a significant share of responsibility for it. 

Until you condemn the rhetoric from Trump, you're nothing but a hypocrit. I'll wait.

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 7

According to Perdue’s office, he said:

I think we’re called to pray for our country, for our leaders, and yes, even our president. In his role as president I think we should pray for Barack Obama. But I think we need to be very specific about how we pray. We should pray like Psalms 109:8 says. It says, “Let his days be few, and let another have his office.”

As many people quickly pointed out, the quotation is not exactly a benign plea for a new president in its original context. Here’s a chunk of the psalm:

8. Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

That’s pretty ugly stuff. As frightening as the imprecation is in its original Old Testament version—its really masterful, bitter language—it takes on an even more chilling aspect in Christian theology.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/david-perdue-obama/486587/

Not going to link to the bumper stickers on tiktok for the Biden ones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Doesn’t this joke work better with “win”?

Well, he was a registered Republican. Given the right wing outlets were literally talking about the benefits of a Trump assassination attempt prior to the attack, it wouldn't be terribly shocking if the shooter was doing this in a misguided attempt to help Trump/the GOP. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Well, he was a registered Republican. Given the right wing outlets were literally talking about the benefits of a Trump assassination attempt prior to the attack, it wouldn't be terribly shocking if the shooter was doing this in a misguided attempt to help Trump/the GOP. 

Seek help

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1