Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

This is why those hoping he will go into hiding are in for disappointment. He is, perhaps above all things, a massive narcissist. He can’t WAIT to get back on stage.

Some are wishcasting about a joint statement or appearance between Biden and Trump to disavow political violence and elevate the tone of race.

Not happening.

What, you don't bring ladders to political rallies?  What kind of an American are you?  

I think a structure like that was given a once-over by SS and then State/Local officers were charged with keeping an eye on it.  Then this 20yo dipshit walks up with a fucking rifle bag and ladder and pulls a Jedi Mind Trick on them, "You don't need to see my credentials.  You are about to let me pass."  Cops, "We don't to see his credentials, let him pass."  

Well you see MNL believes that when someone has committed felonies in the past, and done things that have put others in harms way, or even potentially in harms way, then they deserve it when they suffer life threatening attack… wait.

Right!! October 2022 wasn’t the best month for old Paul. He even answered the door with a drink in his hand. I know when some dude is yielding a hammer after an invasion, I always have time to pour me a libation with my pants off.
  • Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe your righteousness, especially after your posts last night, is funny. 

I don't encourage violence against Trump. But I will definitely be happy when he is gone. Again, what point regarding immigrants do you think you're making? 

• Hook 'Em 4

I don’t know if any of you took an American history course at UT taught by Professor George Forgie (let me tell you you missed the fuck out.)

his classes were like going to theater on the history of the US. Anyway, one of my favorite classes was on the assassination attempt on Andrew Jackson. Forgie acted out the whole attempt while quoting a passage from a book. His classes were legendary. I took every single class he had. A link to George Forgie:

https://notevenpast.org/celebrating-george-forgie/

“On a cold, wet January day in 1835, an unemployed house painter named Richard Lawrence hid behind a pillar at the entrance to the Capitol Rotunda. He awaited the arrival of an important Capitol visitor—President Andrew Jackson—who was attending a congressional funeral.

As the president approached, Lawrence stepped forward, raised a derringer single-shot pistol, took careful aim at Jackson’s heart, and fired.

The cap exploded, noise and smoke filled the air, but the powder failed to ignite. Misfire! 

The aging president was in ill health, forced to lean on a colleague and use a cane, but he remained defiant.

As Lawrence pulled a second pistol and again took aim, Jackson charged his assailant with cane held high. Lawrence pulled the trigger.

Again, misfire!

Quickly, bystanders tackled the would-be assassin to the floor while the president was hustled away. Jackson was saved from the first known attempt to assassinate a U.S. president.”

——————

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lot of truth here. …..

it all could seem fishy to many people 🤔🤔🤔

I truly hope that this event doesn't spawn our own version of Q where the mentally ill conspiracy theories start becoming realities.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't encourage violence against Trump. But I will definitely be happy when he is gone. Again, what point regarding immigrants do you think you're making? 

I believe you mean to say, “people who live here”. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Factually true? lol 

Show me the quotes because what you’re saying are truths are just conjecture and opinion. Specifically show me where trump called for Hillary’s execution. That he called all immigrants vermin.

In regards to the hogtied image, I’m assuming you’re referring to the video of vehicles following the Trump motorcade one of which had that painted on the tailgate? Trump sharing an image of it is a far cry and twisting of what the actual video was.

Crazy thought here, but is it possible you might have bought a little too far into your cult?

""So here, I just wrote this down today. Hillary wants to raise taxes -- it's a comparison. I want to lower them. Hillary wants to expand regulations, which she does bigly. Can you believe that? I will reduce them very, very substantially, could be as much as 70 to 75 percent. Hillary wants to shut down energy production. I want to expand it. Lower electric bills, folks! Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick --if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know. But I'll tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if -- if -- Hillary gets to put her judges in."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t know if any of you took an American history course at UT taught by Professor George Forgie (let me tell you you missed the fuck out.)

his classes were like going to theater on the history of the US. Anyway, one of my favorite classes was on the assassination attempt on Andrew Jackson. Forgie acted out the whole attempt while quoting a passage from a book. His classes were legendary. I took every single class he had. A link to George Forgie:

https://notevenpast.org/celebrating-george-forgie/

“On a cold, wet January day in 1835, an unemployed house painter named Richard Lawrence hid behind a pillar at the entrance to the Capitol Rotunda. He awaited the arrival of an important Capitol visitor—President Andrew Jackson—who was attending a congressional funeral.

As the president approached, Lawrence stepped forward, raised a derringer single-shot pistol, took careful aim at Jackson’s heart, and fired.

The cap exploded, noise and smoke filled the air, but the powder failed to ignite. Misfire! 

The aging president was in ill health, forced to lean on a colleague and use a cane, but he remained defiant.

As Lawrence pulled a second pistol and again took aim, Jackson charged his assailant with cane held high. Lawrence pulled the trigger.

Again, misfire!

Quickly, bystanders tackled the would-be assassin to the floor while the president was hustled away. Jackson was saved from the first known attempt to assassinate a U.S. president.”

——————

I remember that lecture. Forgie was awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Grande Mart said:

I remember that lecture. Forgie was awesome. 

Yes. Everyone should have had the opportunity to sit in on at least one class. His love for teaching and his love and ridiculous knowledge of American history is imo unparalleled. UT legend. I was in awe of him. His classes were fucking packed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

I truly hope that this event doesn't spawn our own version of Q where the mentally ill conspiracy theories start becoming realities.

maga gqp going to have heads explode 

Oh My God Lol GIF by Lifetime

can you imagine the theories if that had been Biden on that stage

hell many posters here would be on the ‘it’s fake train’ 

• Hook 'Em 4

I've never been a secret service officer at a rally where an ex-president was just shot.... but I would think the response to "let me get my shoes" would be "Fuck them, we're crawling to the stairs and then to the car, now. Go." 

As opposed to "let's stand him up and then let's all stand here for a good 10 or so seconds so we get good pics out of this, and then let's as slowly as possible start walking to the car." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

You know what’s strange? I’ve been out all evening at bars and restaurants and haven’t heard a single person mention it. 

Same here. I was out last night and didn't hear anything about it until I got home and looked at the news feed on my phone. I found out about Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear off when I walked into Magnolia Cafe on Congress that night and one of the employees had written the news on their specials board.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I've never been a secret service officer at a rally where an ex-president was just shot.... but I would think the response to "let me get my shoes" would be "Fuck them, we're crawling to the stairs and then to the car, now. Go." 

As opposed to "let's stand him up and then let's all stand here for a good 10 or so seconds so we get good pics out of this, and then let's as slowly as possible start walking to the car." 

The fact that he felt the need to pose is really kind of pathetic and says a lot about his crippling insecurities.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

he has to hide his lifts 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

first video-----what the fuck with the teeth of the guy in the blue hat facing the camera around the :24 mark?  

A hardworking man who'd be a Democrat except he heard your city-slicker ass talkin down about him

28 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The biggest question for me is how the hell does the shooter climb a ladder and be on a rooftop with a rifle and a direct line to shoot, and the SS doesn't know about it? Someone needs to be fired over this alone. 

Ah done tolt y'all before: local cops thought he was some kind of LEO, SS thought local cops had control of the rooftop. It was a goat-rope, a circle-jerk, Murphy's Law, donut-induced stupor.

• Like 2

Well, I genuinely feel bad for Thomas Crooks, Sr. in Pittsburgh.  As a father, he should have known his son was "off" mentally and gifted him a firearm anyway.  But I'm not gonna fault him for what his son did.  Maybe a kid like this goes off and does something stupid, but nobody would have anticipated he'd go off to a political rally and shoot the nominee---especially Pennsylvania Law Enforcement apparently.  

But now Thomas, Sr. will have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder for some angry patriot looking to exact revenge.  Poor bastard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Same here. I was out last night and didn't hear anything about it until I got home and looked at the news feed on my phone. I found out about Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear off when I walked into Magnolia Cafe on Congress that night and one of the employees had written the news on their specials board.

Since I posted that I’ve been to a couple more bars, packed breakfast restaurant, a brewery and now the Denver airport and still haven’t heard a single mention of it. Very strange. 

30 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lot of truth here. …..

You’ve also never seen a crowd with a lower collective IQ, including the intended target.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he has to hide his lifts 

I just can't imagine he'd be worried about that, seconds after getting shot in the ear and being tackled by the secret service. Unless he was just in shock and didn't know what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Since I posted that I’ve been to a couple more bars, packed breakfast restaurant, a brewery and now the Denver airport and still haven’t heard a single mention of it. Very strange. 

Yes.  That’s why the civil war people are overreacting to the max.  That type of rhetoric lives online.  In the real world, people are much more decent, thankfully.  

• Hook 'Em 4

We did church service last night before it happened.  But I would have been very curious to go today to see if/what people were saying about it.  Other than the "Petition to Protect the Unborn", there is zero political content ever which is why I can tolerate it.  It's a slightly centre-right parish, but an extremely well educated one so I don't have to deal with the great unwashed masses.  I guess I'll find out next week.  

Wife took the girls to Zilker and South Congress and she didn't hear a peep from anyone about it at any of the crowds they were around.  

Media is all over it, makes sense-sells ads.  But yeah, every where else is pretty quiet.  Odd now that y'all mention it. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, I genuinely feel bad for Thomas Crooks, Sr. in Pittsburgh.  As a father, he should have known his son was "off" mentally and gifted him a firearm anyway.  But I'm not gonna fault him for what his son did.  Maybe a kid like this goes off and does something stupid, but nobody would have anticipated he'd go off to a political rally and shoot the nominee---especially Pennsylvania Law Enforcement apparently.  

But now Thomas, Sr. will have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder for some angry patriot looking to exact revenge.  Poor bastard. 

Robert Crimo, Jr..; Thomas Crooks, Jr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Park_parade_shooting

AP23345668947600.jpg?w=539

6693560eb6018-the-assailant-has-been-rep

GScvtOdXkAAPEHB.jpg:large

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

which is why I don't think this moves the needle. his followers will further deify him because of this, but a lot of people looking at this that already made up their mind aren't going to be swayed. I also don't see many that were on the sidelines go, "Someone in this guy's own party tried to kill him - he's got my vote now!"

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Have you been a secret service officer at other events? 

I thought about the shoe moment. He’s a heavy guy. And he was not steady on his feet. Shoes on or off or halfway off, that flimsy podium nearly toppled. It did appear that the however man agents were kinda struggling to keep him upright and also form a protective circle around him to shield him. And get him moving. That stop to get his shoes on (if that ever happened) gave them the ability to better prop him up. 

it is stunning to see it replayed and the press photographers continuing to take pictures with no concern for their safety. Half the people thinking it was fireworks and he fell. The other half either watching in slowmo horror or filming with their phones or watching the shooter get cancelled. It’s weird rewatching that moment. Because some people are just sitting there as though nothing just happened. Or that nothing else was about to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Could you imagine though, they prop him up and they're all just sort of standing there, and then oops! there's a second shooter. Boom. 

Of course, they seemed pretty confident in that moment that there were no other shooters. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Could you imagine though, they prop him up and they're all just sort of standing there, and then oops! there's a second shooter. Boom. 

Of course, they seemed pretty confident in that moment that there were no other shooters. 

"Did someone say lift higher? Over"

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought his shoes came off because the lifts have his feet nearly out of them, and he was so concerned about his shoes because he didn’t want anyone to see the lifts in there. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I figure the SS knew there was no further danger and were enacting the protocol plus he’d been hit. At first I thought he was hit through the face and maybe hit in the arm as well. But the crowd and the photographers couldn’t know there wasn’t another event. I keep watching the crowd, some of them just sitting there with no reaction. It’s fucking weird. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Have you been a secret service officer at other events? 

I thought about the shoe moment. He’s a heavy guy. And he was not steady on his feet. Shoes on or off or halfway off, that flimsy podium nearly toppled. It did appear that the however man agents were kinda struggling to keep him upright and also form a protective circle around him to shield him. And get him moving. That stop to get his shoes on (if that ever happened) gave them the ability to better prop him up. 

it is stunning to see it replayed and the press photographers continuing to take pictures with no concern for their safety. Half the people thinking it was fireworks and he fell. The other half either watching in slowmo horror or filming with their phones or watching the shooter get cancelled. It’s weird rewatching that moment. Because some people are just sitting there as though nothing just happened. Or that nothing else was about to happen. 

has to hide his lifts 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1