Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I just can't imagine he'd be worried about that, seconds after getting shot in the ear and being tackled by the secret service. Unless he was just in shock and didn't know what he was doing.

Have you paid no attention to how vain he is?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

I guess now is as good a time as any to remind everyone that according to SCOTUS, the police do not have to serve and protect. Thats just marketing. The police (local, not SS) are not responsible for protecting anyone.

Truer words never spoken.  And, if they "believe" their life in danger, they can actually do the opposite of protect.  And evidence is irrelevant......

• Like 1

Trying to give a shit, but just cannot.  Are folks using this incident to say "hey, maybe we're going a bit too far in intensity of our back and forth rhetoric"

No..

So just fire away. (literally & figuratively)...

Whatever yall do, yall are already well on your way.   Maybe next election someone will give a shit about this country.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How? He had just been shot like 10 seconds before.

there was a transcript posted early that noted that the shooter was confirmed down and then they decided to move. guess this is correct protocol? I dunno

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I figure the SS knew there was no further danger and were enacting the protocol plus he’d been hit. At first I thought he was hit through the face and maybe hit in the arm as well. But the crowd and the photographers couldn’t know there wasn’t another event. I keep watching the crowd, some of them just sitting there with no reaction. It’s fucking weird. 

Yeah, keep an eye on this guy, whom QAnon people have long claimed to be JFK Jr.

ETA: He just stands there with his mouth agape through the whole ordeal until the twice-impeached, convicted felon, rapist fraud, and disgraced former president is propped back up.

image.png.f10786bd9da97f25270ec174940639c6.png

Edited by bolverk
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

it's fucking weird, man. is it possible for a nation to have collective PTSD? 

Literally yes, that's a common thing for people who have been subject to abuse for an extended period. There's been a healthy dialogue around the topic for years now

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/11/ptsd-expert-seth-norrholm-americans-are-being-psychologically-abused-by-donald-trump/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

some friends and i were discussing this morning just how...removed and surreal it all seems. how disconnected and unfazed we feel. one suggested Trump is such a chaos agent and we've been subjected to such an incredible level of unprecedented insanity that all our calibration meters are just completely shot. 

i mean the first mention i saw yesterday was literally right when @Nicole44 posted something in the other thread like 'did Trump just get shot?? he ducked and he's got blood all over his face...' and i just had no reaction whatsoever. i put my phone down and played with my puppy for over an hour 😐 when my husband came home later and was like 'somebody shot Trump!' i was like 'oh. yeah. i think i saw something about that'.

I have those moments of disconnect. Except yesterday I was flipping channels and it was on the rally and I went to do something real quick out of the room and intended to change the channel bc I don’t like any rallies. I wanted to watch political discussion since I’ve been glued to the news since the debate bc of all the discourse. I’m grabbing the remote and I look up and hear screaming and he’s down and I thought he fell off the stage and then hit rewind and heard the pops. I think my disconnect would have been like yours if I hadn’t seen it happen live. It’s surreal feeling though. Like being in a fog. The disconnect is real. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

there was a transcript posted early that noted that the shooter was confirmed down and then they decided to move. guess this is correct protocol? I dunno

Right but 1) How would they have known how many shooters there were, and 2) They stood him up in the exact spot where he had just been shot. Then they all just stood there for about 10 seconds, before shuffling off.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

It's just exhausting. Ever since he came down the escalator everything has been exhausting.

Nine fucking years. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Right but 1) How would they have known how many shooters there were, and 2) They stood him up in the exact spot where he had just been shot. Then they all just stood there for about 10 seconds, before shuffling off.

oh, I asked the same question. the transcript doesn't completely answer it, but it starts to, but then doesn't. it's all fucking weird

• Hook 'Em 1

Ah done tolt y'all before: local cops thought he was some kind of LEO, SS thought local cops had control of the rooftop. It was a goat-rope, a circle-jerk, Murphy's Law, donut-induced stupor.

One photo of dead shooter appeared to show he was wearing shorts. Don’t see many LE rocking shorts-pants on duty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

That lardass is 220# about like Elvis the later years was 180#

He does recognize a photo op when it hits him in the ear.  The drama queen attention whore ordered the SS detail to slow it down a bit so he could fist pump his peeps and the media.

Edited by Bama Llama
Had perps instead of peeps - hmmm

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

One photo of dead shooter appeared to show he was wearing shorts. Don’t see many LE rocking shorts-pants on duty.

Jorts or shorts? Jorts appear to be the choice of the homebound types. 

• Like 1

Donald Trump is the primary existential threat facing this country.
I lamented (and still lament) yesterday's assassination attempt not because I care about Donald Trump -- I don't.  I care about the United States.  It's a tinderbox right now.  Any single match could set it off.  I don't want to see decent and innocent Americans die.
Donald Trump is neither a decent nor innocent American.  He is a cancer on this country.  I don't want him assassinated because I don't want this country to erupt in civil war.  If Trump's limo were to run into a bridge piling at 100 mph today, I would feel zero remorse, because I see that man as the problem and I don't want him retaking the Oval Office.  That's different than saying I want him assassinated, as the effect on our country would be catastrophic.
Maybe some of our smoother-brained DT friends can get the fucking point for once in their miserable little lives.

This. He is absolutely the greatest threat our country has faced since the Civil War. I care about the country, not him. And his assassination would have hurt the country. Of course, this failed attempt will likely hurt the country even more (if you thought his threats of violent “revenge” and “retribution” before might be muted…that all changed). I would love for him to die. It would be very, very good for humanity. It just needs to be a heart attack or choking on a hamberder or something.
first video-----what the fuck with the teeth of the guy in the blue hat facing the camera around the :24 mark?  
second video-----as much as he's a moronic douchebag, that's a great thing for Kid Rock to do.  Those victims have bad judgement but did not deserve, in any way, to be shot at.  Kudos to him and I hope other pro Trump celebs follow suit.  There are also some kids in that audience not physically harmed, but gonna need some serious counseling down the road.  

I’m sorry, perhaps you didn’t get the right wing memo. Kids who survive a shooting are “crisis actors,” and deserve your mocking, scorn, and derision the rest of their days. The MAGAs out front should have told ya. That’s how it is.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Interesting read: views from around the world regarding assassination attempt 

https://www.semafor.com/article/07/13/2024/world-reacts-donald-trump-apparent-shooting-shock-questions-democracy

“Beijing expressed “condolences” in a brief statement issued by the foreign ministry, but speculation proliferated on the messaging platform WeChat over the motives for the attack, as well as its implications for this year’s election. In China, the top comment on a post by the state-run People’s Daily amplified the phrase, “America the free, every day a shooting.” (Some enterprising online sellers quickly began selling souvenir t-shirts about the shooting on the shopping site Taobao, the South China Morning Post reported.)” 

Very Trumplike to immediately begin selling tshirts. Enterprising. 

45 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is what I suspected when it was first reported.  Someone with a similar (rel. common name) mixup.  The number of 17yr old directly donating to political pacs is probably a couple dozen nationwide. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

hearing it was also an AR-15. any corroboration of that?

Yes. It's been reported by multiple outlets as being an "AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle" was recovered.

Another update:

image.png.75efa59b7f5128f7313c7394bb563a20.png

29 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

It's just exhausting. Ever since he came down the escalator everything has been exhausting.

he ruins everything he touches 

it’s actually pretty amazing 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Conspiracy theories have been springing up on Truth Social.

Not long after former President Donald J. Trump was shot at on Saturday, unsubstantiated rumors started swirling on his social media site, Truth Social.

Truth Social users posted memes suggesting that President Biden or Hillary Clinton was behind the attack at the rally in Butler, Pa., and argued that there might have been multiple gunmen. They hailed Mr. Trump as a heroic figure, circulating the now-ubiquitous photos of his bloodied face and ear.

Right-wing conspiracy theories are par for the course on Truth Social, a niche social media platform dominated by conservative political discourse. Over the years, Mr. Trump has used the site to repeat his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen and to criticize the judges and prosecutors involved in the criminal cases against him.

Since the shooting, Mr. Trump has posted occasional updates, reporting that a bullet had pierced his right ear. On Sunday, he said it was “God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening.”

Since the attack, Truth Social coursed with an unusual degree of anger. “Let us know if there’s anything you would like 100 MILLION RED BLOODED AMERICAN PATRIOTS to do for our country,” one user wrote in a post addressed to Mr. Trump. “Say the word Sir, say the word.”

Kash Patel, a Trump confidant who in the past has threatened to target journalists for prosecution if the former president regains the White House, took a more measured stance in a post on Saturday evening. “Now is not the time to attack the media,” he said. “Let law enforcement and secret service do their jobs.”

“Anyone putting out speculation and false information does not deserve our attention and has shown you what their priorities are,” he added.

But soon, another user responded to his message with an all-caps missive: “HOW DOES ANYONE TRUST ANYTHING THIS GOVERNMENT/DOJ SAYS?? WE CAN’T.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t know if any of you took an American history course at UT taught by Professor George Forgie (let me tell you you missed the fuck out.)

his classes were like going to theater on the history of the US. Anyway, one of my favorite classes was on the assassination attempt on Andrew Jackson. Forgie acted out the whole attempt while quoting a passage from a book. His classes were legendary. I took every single class he had. A link to George Forgie:

https://notevenpast.org/celebrating-george-forgie/

“On a cold, wet January day in 1835, an unemployed house painter named Richard Lawrence hid behind a pillar at the entrance to the Capitol Rotunda. He awaited the arrival of an important Capitol visitor—President Andrew Jackson—who was attending a congressional funeral.

As the president approached, Lawrence stepped forward, raised a derringer single-shot pistol, took careful aim at Jackson’s heart, and fired.

The cap exploded, noise and smoke filled the air, but the powder failed to ignite. Misfire! 

The aging president was in ill health, forced to lean on a colleague and use a cane, but he remained defiant.

As Lawrence pulled a second pistol and again took aim, Jackson charged his assailant with cane held high. Lawrence pulled the trigger.

Again, misfire!

Quickly, bystanders tackled the would-be assassin to the floor while the president was hustled away. Jackson was saved from the first known attempt to assassinate a U.S. president.”

——————

Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Conspiracy theories have been springing up on Truth Social.

Not long after former President Donald J. Trump was shot at on Saturday, unsubstantiated rumors started swirling on his social media site, Truth Social.

Truth Social users posted memes suggesting that President Biden or Hillary Clinton was behind the attack at the rally in Butler, Pa., and argued that there might have been multiple gunmen. They hailed Mr. Trump as a heroic figure, circulating the now-ubiquitous photos of his bloodied face and ear.

Right-wing conspiracy theories are par for the course on Truth Social, a niche social media platform dominated by conservative political discourse. Over the years, Mr. Trump has used the site to repeat his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen and to criticize the judges and prosecutors involved in the criminal cases against him.

Since the shooting, Mr. Trump has posted occasional updates, reporting that a bullet had pierced his right ear. On Sunday, he said it was “God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening.”

Since the attack, Truth Social coursed with an unusual degree of anger. “Let us know if there’s anything you would like 100 MILLION RED BLOODED AMERICAN PATRIOTS to do for our country,” one user wrote in a post addressed to Mr. Trump. “Say the word Sir, say the word.”

Kash Patel, a Trump confidant who in the past has threatened to target journalists for prosecution if the former president regains the White House, took a more measured stance in a post on Saturday evening. “Now is not the time to attack the media,” he said. “Let law enforcement and secret service do their jobs.”

“Anyone putting out speculation and false information does not deserve our attention and has shown you what their priorities are,” he added.

But soon, another user responded to his message with an all-caps missive: “HOW DOES ANYONE TRUST ANYTHING THIS GOVERNMENT/DOJ SAYS?? WE CAN’T.”

Conspiracy theories have been posted here too. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, mchookem said:

some friends and i were discussing this morning just how...removed and surreal it all seems. how disconnected and unfazed we feel. one suggested Trump is such a chaos agent and we've been subjected to such an incredible level of unprecedented insanity that all our calibration meters are just completely shot. 

i mean the first mention i saw yesterday was literally right when @Nicole44 posted something in the other thread like 'did Trump just get shot?? he ducked and he's got blood all over his face...' and i just had no reaction whatsoever. i put my phone down and played with my puppy for over an hour 😐 when my husband came home later and was like 'somebody shot Trump!' i was like 'oh. yeah. i think i saw something about that'.

Yes, it is possible, but I don't think the PTSD is solely because of Trump.  The media is a huge part of it.

Edited by Azbadlands

32 minutes ago, C-Man said:

"Bob, why is there a bike cop on the roof?"

• Haha 4

Just watched George S interview a former SS officer. 

I’d tap the brakes on putting this on SS. He made some strong points on how different the rules of engagement are for a campaign rally for a FORMER president in that sort of event from any event for a sitting president. 
I’m not saying there isn’t some serious investigation that needs to occur. If authorities were notified that the shooter had a gun then there seems to have been a breakdown in communication. 

Bullshit. This isn’t Jimmy Carter heading over to build a habitat for humanity house. That gets a former President detail. The detail for the presumptive opposition candidate gets better than this.

The head of the SS is a diversity maven. Details like this the members are supposed to be as tall or taller than the primary; Trump is 6’3”. The videos of the women on the detail are keystone kops; one can’t holster her weapon.

I would expect Trump gets all new crew going forward.

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Oh boy

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

wow the cops ran the Uvalde playbook for trump, classic

Bc they were Uvalde cops by the sound of it