Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

So Trump allegedly scrapped his convention speech bc it had too much harsh rhetoric.

And there will be an entirely new speech written.

Totally different approach. 

Different bullet points.

sorry couldn’t resist. 

we live in weird times.

Biden’s Oval Office address is like 2 hours away.

That will be a well written speech. 

How long will the vast majority of both sides keep up the veil of niceness and calmness? Anyone want to bet? I’m good for $40 but that’s all I can spare man. I’m not talking about a pundit here or there or a rando detractor. The main people in both parties. How long will it last? 3 days. 3 hours. 3 weeks. How long? 

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So Trump allegedly scrapped his convention speech bc it had too much harsh rhetoric.

And there will be an entirely new speech written.

Totally different approach. 

Different bullet points.

sorry couldn’t resist. 

we live in weird times.

Biden’s Oval Office address is like 2 hours away.

That will be a well written speech. 

How long will the vast majority of both sides keep up the veil of niceness and calmness? Anyone want to bet? I’m good for $40 but that’s all I can spare man. I’m not talking about a pundit here or there or a rando detractor. The main people in both parties. How long will it last? 3 days. 3 hours. 3 weeks. How long? 

image.thumb.png.d93809ff26df33434b2b0aacbb33dfb9.png

1 hour ago, rage-a-holic said:

That's ridiculous. He hit Trump in the ear from 130 yards with a non-scoped rifle, right after he was surprised by a cop crawling up behind him.

I love how surly is suddenly full of hardcore leftist marine snipers.

Calibrate your hyperbole.  A marine would say 300+ yds with iron sights is standard.

I say if you can't hit a target at 130 yds, then you stink.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Calibrate your hyperbole.  A marine would say 300+ yds with iron sights is standard.

I say if you can't hit a target at 130 yds, then you stink.

as a bespectacled person it's well known the best snipers wear glasses

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

So this was kinda like Uvalde except with the gun pointed at an adult instead of children? It's the same old shit: If cops are too afraid of certain weapons to do their jobs, perhaps those weapons shouldn't be legal.

image.png.db3434c6981a3e4a1f4df61499a4b572.png

- snip -

image.thumb.png.4cfad3970f44dfb9ebe52a2e65ea815c.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Do you guys remember that time Trump retweeted a loon who posted, "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"?

@Enchubben also approves of this totally non-violent messaging. But anyone suggesting that a President who said regarding Xi:

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. . . I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday"

might be a wannabe dictator/authoritarian is obviously spouting dangerous extremist rhetoric. Totally on the level that @Enchubben. It is just amazing Trump has never encouraged extremism or used dangerous rhetoric. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

So this was kinda like Uvalde except with the gun pointed at an adult instead of children? It's the same old shit: If cops are too afraid of certain weapons to do their jobs, perhaps those weapons shouldn't be legal.

- snip -

That officer’s report:  I got the attention of the shooter and distracted him so that he could not get off a clean shot, and kept him stationary long enough for the brother officer snipers to get a clean  shot to neutralize him. 

Medals to follow. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She’s too busy making babies in the closet with Principal Skinner

And I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That officer’s report:  I got the attention of the shooter and distracted him so that he could not get off a clean shot, and kept him stationary long enough for the brother officer snipers to get a clean  shot to neutralize him. 

Medals to follow. 

Why didn't the officer pull a Brother Blutto and just hop-jump the ladder over a few feet to get out of Crooks' line of sight and then take action?  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

- snip -

They literally have one job  

how are they so bad at it? 

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Specifically show me where trump called for Hillary’s execution. That he called all immigrants vermin.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don't know."

Trump pledged at a November rally in New Hampshire that he would "root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country."

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

first video-----what the fuck with the teeth of the guy in the blue hat facing the camera around the :24 mark?  

second video-----as much as he's a moronic douchebag, that's a great thing for Kid Rock to do.  Those victims have bad judgement but did not deserve, in any way, to be shot at.  Kudos to him and I hope other pro Trump celebs follow suit.  There are also some kids in that audience not physically harmed, but gonna need some serious counseling down the road.  

That’s northwestern PA meth in all it’s glory. 

34 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Where in the last 10 years has the right even pretended to act with even a veil of niceness and calmess? All elected dems right now are saying the same thing opposing political violence. The other side never does, and will only ask that their cultists seek retribution. Trump will be even more violent in his rhetoric going forward, he literally cannot help himself.

So you’ll bet $40 with me? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Because they don’t have to actually protect us or anyone?

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

In the absence of information from SS the conspiracy theories will continue to grow.

MOST (not all) of the time conspiracy theories are the hobgoblin of little minds…but information needs to be forthcoming. 

my best guess is SS + LE of PA incompetence. SS should have better overseen what PA LE was doing. 

I do not however believe that SS, PA LE, etc formed some conspiracy with Trump so he could be “shot at and mildly grazed” and one dead and others injured. Which could have been SS in the crowd, Sen McCormick, photographers and press members and other LE. You can’t convince me otherwise. Trump got a great moment with that great photo that was taken by a brave photographer. That great moment only continue depending on how he ACTS from here on out. Jmo. But conspiracy away. I mean this was such a fucking fail it lends itself to all sorts of speculation. 

6 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

To be fair, all of us have one job that I'm sure we're varying degrees of bad at. Complacent human going to complacent human.

I'm telling y'all, @Enchubben is right! The rhetoric from Dems really needs to be ratcheted down.

Far-Right Extremists Call for Violence and War After Trump Shooting
"They should all be hung in the streets," one person wrote of Democrats, the media, and others. "War now," another wrote.

Far-right communities online lit up on Saturday night with calls for violence, retribution, and civil war in the wake of the assassination attempt on former president Donald Trump.

“I guess they really do want war,” a member of the pro-Trump message board known as The Donald wrote on Saturday evening in a post that has since been deleted.

Many other members of the message board, which played a significant role in coordinating activities leading up to the Capitol riot on January 6, agreed in responses to the post.

“Let’s give it to them,” one person wrote. Another added: “I’m ready. This is my last damn straw.” One other user wrote: “CIVIL.FUCKING.WAR. I'm ready to be done with this fucking shit from Democrats.”

The details of these posts were shared with WIRED by researchers from Advance Democracy, a nonprofit organization that conducts public interest research.

Mainstream online platforms like X and Facebook have also been flooded with conspiracies and disinformation in the wake of the shooting, but in far-right communities, much of the talk focused on what happens next.

“They’ve been trying to take this guy out since he’s been in office,” a member of Uncle Sam’s Proud Boys Upstate NY Telegram channel wrote in response to a picture from the shooting of Trump with a raised fist and blood on his face. “Too bad for them they missed probably their only shot at this failed attempt because they are about to really see what happens when you poke the bear for too long ie true American patriots. Fuck the DNC, Fuck the RINOs, fuck the FEDs and fuck the MSM. They should all be hung in the streets.”

In a Telegram channel for the Infamous Legend Valley Proud Boys, an Ohio branch of the far-right militia, one member wrote: “Laugh and smirk now you Leftist cunts, But never fucking forget you will always reap what you sow.”

On The Donald, users were also calling for all Democrats to be rounded up.

“War now,” the user wrote. “They don’t want to live and let live. We need to finish what should have been done after the civil war: eradicate and eliminate all democrats and anyone who even thinks of being a democrat.”

Calls for violence and civil war from far-right communities is nothing new. In the wake of the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago in 2022, Trump supporters immediately called for an armed uprising. Earlier this year, similar calls were made when Trump was found guilty on 34 felony charges. While these calls for violence do not always result in real-world action, there are numerous examples where online rhetoric has led to offline violence, most notably the Capitol riot.

“Unlike the messaging in the aftermath of the attacks at the Cincinnati FBI field office and on Paul Pelosi, there is a concerted effort to present this as the consequence of left-wing rhetoric around Trump and fascism,” Jon Lewis, a research fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism, tells WIRED. “A singular clear message is being spread from the top down and the bottom up, from members of Congress to right-wing influencers to neo-Nazi Telegram channels: We need to fight back.”

Researchers at Advance Democracy say it is difficult to assess the scale of the online attacks, as the situation is still developing and could escalate.

On Sunday, one of the main topics of conversation on The Donald was what would have happened if Trump had been killed, with most claiming that the response would have been much deadlier and much swifter.

“I told my neighbor that if Trump had been killed I would have pulled my kit out, quit my job, and started working on my wish list,” one user wrote.

These calls for violence are not limited to online spaces. Minutes after Trump was shot in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, the former president’s supporters quickly turned on the media covering the rally.

"Fake news! This is your fault!” they yelled, according to Axios reporter Sophia Cai, who was there. "You're next! Your time is coming," another shouted. A number of the attendees tried to break into the media area, but were stopped by security guards.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

I’m about to fucking lose it

5a5fba8b5375ff9cccda574cb6097c53.jpg

ha! got unfriended by a hs 'friend' today bc she posted ^that and i reacted with a 😆. i mean come on, that pic is objectively funny! 

rizzo-grease.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Medals to follow. 

This is truth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Again, those little kids in Uvalde didn't have any angels watching over them I guess. Sign me up for that kind of God!

And I guess the angel said "fuck that go over there" letting it kill the firefighter. Such fucking ridiculous delusion. 

• Like 1

And let's not forget the 2019 Walmart shooting in El Paso, the perpetrator of which wanted to stop the "invasion" of Hispanics into country. Hmm, wonder where he got those ideas from:

President Trump on Monday called a caravan of Central American migrants heading toward the U.S.-Mexico border an “invasion” and pledged to use the military to stop people from entering the U.S. 

”This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/413624-trump-calls-migrant-caravan-an-invasion/

But really, @Enchubben, it is a good thing Trump has never said that immigrants are "poisoning the blood" of our country or you might have to denounce something, right?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Again, those little kids in Uvalde didn't have any angels watching over them I guess. Sign me up for that kind of God!

The god of the GQP cult only protects thieves, liars, rapists and con artists. Little kids are on their own once they’re born with those folks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Where in the last 10 years has the right even pretended to act with even a veil of niceness and calmess? All elected dems right now are saying the same thing opposing political violence. The other side never does, and will only ask that their cultists seek retribution. Trump will be even more violent in his rhetoric going forward, he literally cannot help himself.
He also has zero reason to. They will enthusiastically whine about the violent leftists and plead for peace while encouraging people to fight and attack the left. The hypocrisy is part of the appeal. They get to be the victim when you call them on their bullshit. The fact that it frustrates us "on the left" (i.e., any decent person) is an even bigger prize.
  • Hook 'Em 9

Posted (edited)

What time is that old broken down pile of crap's speech tonight?

He better be magnanimous and call for both sides to tamp down the rhetoric!

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

That's ridiculous. He hit Trump in the ear from 130 yards with a non-scoped rifle, right after he was surprised by a cop crawling up behind him.

I love how surly is suddenly full of hardcore leftist marine snipers.

He was aiming for his chest