Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

“If not for X you wouldn’t see this” - lol
That clip has been played on nearly every tv station—CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Likely talking about simultaneously playing the best video we have so far spotting the shooter side by side with where trump was with his speech, so 2 minutes to act before shots rang

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Supposedly their operating parameters are they cannot shoot someone until that person shoots at the president. Not visually securing the roof was someone's failure in Secret Service. The sniper can't be blamed. He did his job excellently which was neutralize the threat. 

I feel like this website is the only place I’ve seen this and it wasn’t from a source rather from someone just staying stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I feel like this website is the only place I’ve seen this and it wasn’t from a source rather from someone just staying stuff. 

Hence the word "supposedly". I think more likely is no one had eyes on him until the last minute, the cop arrived which startled the shooter, cop retreats, shooter immediately turns and starts firing, sniper blows his head off. 

I took from the article posted yesterday that quoted a SS source. Could it be bullshit, maybe. 

Edited by mdmost

Just now, Red Five said:

So if a sniper is spotted at Biden's inauguration, they all just watch him until he starts shooting? 

I have no idea. I said "supposedly". We may not know the SS protocols ever since they probably don't want that info out there. 

Yeah, it's 100% not true. Capitol Police didn't need to wait to get shot at to use lethal force. If you're somewhere you're not supposed to be with a gun pointed at other people that includes a former President, you're going to get shot immediately 9 times out of 10.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I have no idea. I said "supposedly". We may not know the SS protocols ever since they probably don't want that info out there. 

I found a clip from Saturday.

du0tfbre5qjc1.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-rally-shooting-secret-service-identified-rooftop-security-flaw-rcna161783

Rooftop where gunman shot at Trump was identified as a security vulnerability before rally: sources

Two sources told NBC News that the Secret Service flagged a building near the rally site as a security concern. Investigators will be scrutinizing how a gunman was allowed to scale it.

By Sarah Fitzpatrick, Julia Ainsley, Mike Hixenbaugh, Andrea Mitchell and Jon Schuppe

The rooftop where a gunman shot at former President Donald Trump during a campaign rally was identified by the Secret Service as a potential vulnerability in the days before the event, two sources familiar with the agency’s operations told NBC News.

The building, owned by a glass research company, is adjacent to the Butler Farm Show, an outdoor venue in Butler, Pennsylvania. The Secret Service was aware of the risks associated with it, the sources said.

“Someone should have been on the roof or securing the building so no one could get on the roof,” said one of the sources, a former senior Secret Service agent who was familiar with the planning. 

Understanding how the gunman got onto the roof — despite those concerns — is a central question for investigators scrutinizing how a lone attacker managed to shoot at Trump during Saturday’s campaign event.

The Secret Service worked with local law enforcement to maintain event security, including sniper teams poised on rooftops to identify and eliminate threats, Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. But no officers were posted on the building used by the would-be assassin, outside the event’s security perimeter but only about 148 yards from the stage — within range of a semiautomatic rifle like the one the gunman was carrying.

The Secret Service had designated that rooftop as being under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement, a common practice in securing outdoor rallies, Guglielmi said.

Butler County District Attorney Richard Goldinger said his office maintains an Emergency Services Unit team, which deployed four sniper teams and four “quick response teams” at the rally. But he said the Secret Service agents were in charge of security outside the venue. 

“They had meetings in the week prior. The Secret Service ran the show. They were the ones who designated who did what,” Goldinger said. “In the command hierarchy, they were top, they were No. 1.”

Goldinger said the commander of the Emergency Services Unit told him it was not responsible for securing areas outside the venue. “To me, the whole thing is under the jurisdiction of the Secret Service. And they will delineate from there,” he said.

The former senior Secret Service agent also said that even if local law enforcement “did drop the ball,” it’s still the agency’s responsibility “to ensure that they are following through either beforehand or in the moment.”

“Just because it is outside of the perimeter, it doesn’t take it out of play for a vulnerability, and you’ve got to mitigate it in some fashion,” the source added.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, it's 100% not true. Capitol Police didn't need to wait to get shot at to use lethal force. If you're somewhere you're not supposed to be with a gun pointed at other people that includes a former President, you're going to get shot immediately 9 times out of 10.

Well, police tend to be a little more trigger happy than the Secret Service. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This can't be true.

Can you think of an incident where SS took the first shot?  Imagine the shitstorm if the SS sniper fired first and the guy on the roof turned out to be some local LEO who decided he was more 'help' from an elevated position?  That would have been an extremely tough shot call for the incident commander to make.

Edited by SurlyGator
added 'tough'

Just now, SurlyGator said:

Can you think of an incident where SS took the first shot?  Imagine the shitstorm if the SS sniper fired first and the guy on the roof turned out to be some local LEO who decided he was more 'help' from an elevated position?  That would have been an extremely shot call for the incident commander to make.

I think it was probably just a massive failure by local PD to secure the perimeter and SS not watching that rooftop because local PD were in charge of it. We don't know nor will we probably ever know the chain of events from the SS standpoint. All we may get for a while are "sources" telling us why things went south. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-rally-shooting-secret-service-identified-rooftop-security-flaw-rcna161783

Rooftop where gunman shot at Trump was identified as a security vulnerability before rally: sources

Two sources told NBC News that the Secret Service flagged a building near the rally site as a security concern. Investigators will be scrutinizing how a gunman was allowed to scale it.

By Sarah Fitzpatrick, Julia Ainsley, Mike Hixenbaugh, Andrea Mitchell and Jon Schuppe

The rooftop where a gunman shot at former President Donald Trump during a campaign rally was identified by the Secret Service as a potential vulnerability in the days before the event, two sources familiar with the agency’s operations told NBC News.

The building, owned by a glass research company, is adjacent to the Butler Farm Show, an outdoor venue in Butler, Pennsylvania. The Secret Service was aware of the risks associated with it, the sources said.

“Someone should have been on the roof or securing the building so no one could get on the roof,” said one of the sources, a former senior Secret Service agent who was familiar with the planning. 

Understanding how the gunman got onto the roof — despite those concerns — is a central question for investigators scrutinizing how a lone attacker managed to shoot at Trump during Saturday’s campaign event.

The Secret Service worked with local law enforcement to maintain event security, including sniper teams poised on rooftops to identify and eliminate threats, Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. But no officers were posted on the building used by the would-be assassin, outside the event’s security perimeter but only about 148 yards from the stage — within range of a semiautomatic rifle like the one the gunman was carrying.

The Secret Service had designated that rooftop as being under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement, a common practice in securing outdoor rallies, Guglielmi said.

Butler County District Attorney Richard Goldinger said his office maintains an Emergency Services Unit team, which deployed four sniper teams and four “quick response teams” at the rally. But he said the Secret Service agents were in charge of security outside the venue. 

“They had meetings in the week prior. The Secret Service ran the show. They were the ones who designated who did what,” Goldinger said. “In the command hierarchy, they were top, they were No. 1.”

Goldinger said the commander of the Emergency Services Unit told him it was not responsible for securing areas outside the venue. “To me, the whole thing is under the jurisdiction of the Secret Service. And they will delineate from there,” he said.

The former senior Secret Service agent also said that even if local law enforcement “did drop the ball,” it’s still the agency’s responsibility “to ensure that they are following through either beforehand or in the moment.”

“Just because it is outside of the perimeter, it doesn’t take it out of play for a vulnerability, and you’ve got to mitigate it in some fashion,” the source added.

Coupled with the portion of the AP article that seems to imply the ladder was already there, it sounds like local LEO/USSS did indeed have plans to position someone up on the roof, and someone fucked up mightily by not being where they were supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

Can you think of an incident where SS took the first shot?  Imagine the shitstorm if the SS sniper fired first and the guy on the roof turned out to be some local LEO who decided he was more 'help' from an elevated position?  That would have been an extremely shot call for the incident commander to make.

I would assume they have that sort of thing worked out beforehand. 

"Man, I wish this guy would hurry up and start shooting at the president. My arm is getting tired." 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

I guess Melania is having her Jackie moment that she's so wanted for a long time.

I thought she had her Jackie moment when she married the old guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Y’all just don’t get it.

Biden hired the kid/shooter. And Biden instructed the SS/LE to lay back and give him time to shoot.

It’s so obvious, duh. Everyone knows it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The source in the RCP article said it. Take that with however much salt you like. 

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Y’all just don’t get it.

Biden hired the kid/shooter. And Biden instructed the SS/LE to lay back and give him time to shoot.

A quarter of the country 100% believes this. Maybe more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Y’all just don’t get it.

You jest but I am seeing shit like this from MAGA people I know.  Biden is a drooling idiot to them who can barely walk and talk but also this Dr Evil mastermind who put a "hit" on Trump.  Too many idiots in this country for it to survive.  Where is the entrance to that ledge again?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Y’all just don’t get it.

I want to laugh at this, but all the MAGa morons  probably think that actually happened.  

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Oh come on, that's just stupid. They pushed morning joe to Tuesday to focus on news coverage. The registered Republican that shot Trump did not do so because of morning joe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You jest but I am seeing shit like this from MAGA people I know.  Biden is a drooling idiot to them who can barely walk and talk but also this Dr Evil mastermind who put a "hit" on Trump.  Too many idiots in this country for it to survive.  Where is the entrance to that ledge again?

Bro, it’s because he’s so stupid that he hired a 20yo retard who can’t shoot. Thank God for that.

19 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, seems wildly easy to bump off any political figure you want if this is how bad the SS is at protecting one of the top 2 politicians in the country.  And that's not even taking into account new technologies.  

After watching video after video of Russians getting blown to smithereens with drones in Ukraine, it would be pathetically easy it would be to fly one into an event like this.  Doesn't matter if your target turns their head at the last second when you're hitting them with high explosive at a fast rate of speed.  You'd also not be setting yourself up to get domed by counter sniper fire, either.  Just fly it in while you're multiple miles away in a room somewhere.  

I would think SS would have some sort of portable radar for drone spotting.

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So if a sniper is spotted at Biden's inauguration, they all just watch him until he starts shooting? 

Maybe they would remove the target until they ascertained if the threat was truly a threat.  That makes the most sense, policy wise.  

21 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Y’all just don’t get it.

Good thing Biden is immune from prosecution.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Military and LEO snipers are trained to only shoot when they have a clear identification of the target and are certain that the target must be neutralized.  If the local LEOs were responsible for that particular rooftop the SS snipers would have to ensure that the shooter was not a local LEO and that he was an actual threat.  That takes time and judgment, and usually confirmation.  It seems to me that once the shooter drew down on the LEO who climbed the ladder, the SS snipers assessed the threat and got lead on target as quickly as possible.  The shooter was just able to roll back over and fire at Trump two or three times before the snipers got their rounds off.

The rooftop should have had a law enforcement presence on it in the first place.  That's where I think the failure lies, not with the speed of the snipers.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 7

21 hours ago, Red Five said:

Once you’ve mocked American POWs, I think it’s fair to expect zero sympathy for any situation for the rest of your life.

And the disabled. He's even shit-talked dogs. The man's a walking, talking shit stain. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My girlfriend's dad supposedly has contacts at the secret service. He was told that the shooter was spotted as soon as he got up there, and snipers requested permission to take him out. But the boss lady denied it for unknown reasons. 

I've never caught this guy bullshitting in the one year I've known him, but he's also a trumptard. 

How far up were the SS sniper(s) who took out Crooks?  Based on what I've seen, Crooks was tucked behind the gable peak on that building and basically popped up to take his shot.  Could they even see him before he shot?

I think this is highly likely to point to a failure in local LEO to take care of the perimeter (which didn't fall under the SS jurisdiction).

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Y’all just don’t get it.

We had people on this site theorizing that the Trump campaign set this up and it was all fake…even days after this occurred. There is plenty of stupid to go around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

It was stated in a post from the alleged USSS sniper, and the post contained another statement that has been shown to be absolutely false (that the sniper was watching the kid adjust the scope on his rifle for several minutes). That's good enough for me to say "no, that's not a real thing."

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The rooftop should have had a law enforcement presence on it in the first place.  That's where I think the failure lies, not with the speed of the snipers.

That’s what I keep coming back to. Barney Fife with a pea shooter is all it would have taken. Just stunning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s what I keep coming back to. Barney Fife with a pea shooter is all it would have taken. Just stunning. 

It seems pretty obvious at this point that the SS thought local PDs had that roof covered. My bet is a significant miscommunication wherein SS thought the PD would keep the roof covered and local PD thought they were just clearing at one point in time and then SS would takeover. 

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Apples and oranges comparisons here.  Both of those were close contact, not direct asset protection.  Both were likely suicide by cop, heck Saturday's probably was too.

In direct asset protection scenarios they tackle the suspect (if possible) and cover the asset ASAP simultaneously.

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

A 20-yo nerd beats SS & other law enforcement security getting within 150 yards of a target.  Can you imaging what someone with real experience/training could have accomplished?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SurlyGator said:

Can you think of an incident where SS took the first shot?  Imagine the shitstorm if the SS sniper fired first and the guy on the roof turned out to be some local LEO who decided he was more 'help' from an elevated position?  That would have been an extremely tough shot call for the incident commander to make.

I obviously have no training in this regard, but surely the snipers (whether USSS or local PD) are not ever pointing their rifles directly at whomever they're protecting, right? That's not only extremely dangerous, but from a practical/procedural standpoint, it would allow for immediate recognition of a threat because the only gun ever pointed in the direction of the Principal would be a person representing a threat. I could understand not taking a shot if you weren't positive they were holding a rifle, like maybe it's a really long lens on a camera or something, but if you know it's a rifle I don't believe for one second that they aren't authorized to take the shot if both the sniper and their spotter are in agreement.

Arguing otherwise means someone could be walking directly at the President, pointing a gun at him, and the USSS wouldn't do anything other than shield the President and wait for shots to be fired before neutralizing the threat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Victorious1 said:

A 20-yo nerd beats SS & other law enforcement security getting within 150 yards of a target.  Can you imaging what someone with real experience/training could have accomplished?

3 or 4 trained, skilled bad actors could have taken out nearly everyone there. the lack of actual security is still shocking, days later. from the ease in which the shooter got into position and got off shots, to ss allowing trump to stand up and pose for the cameras when there easily could have still been a threat, it’s all just embarrassingly inept. they are so lucky that it was just some untrained kid who was a notoriously bad shot, and not anyone with a clue what they were doing.

• Like 2

It's from the 4chan post. That's his source. He has no contacts with the SS.

Well, he can take solace now in never taking GF’s dad’s word about any political shit at face value any longer.