Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

45 minutes ago, immamac said:

none of this matters anymore. Trump has already moved on, he thinks he's invincible.

All of the evidence says that he is.  There will never be any actual consequences or downsides for him.  Ever.  Stop pointing to his single conviction, which will ultimately be a meaningless blip with no actual consequences.  Money damages?  Bitch please....he has already extracted more cash from being and running for president than he'll ever have to pay out.  And when he takes office again, with TOTAL IMMUNITY?  Katy bar the door.  He will flat-out tell Elon to give him a billion dollars and he'll deem Twitter the bestest and onliest protected social media platform on earth, or some shit like that.  Ad nauseum.

29 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

According to U.S. law, he is. 

Yep.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Marcusshelton said:

They don’t have to correct anything really. They said crooks “appears” to have made a small donation in the article I found. He is definitely the guy that registered as a Republican though, and they don’t use the “appears” language for that. Idk. But seems like the two people with same name thing lines up (other guy in Pittsburgh and is a democrat) unless someone fabricated it. I definitely did not check that. And will correct what I said if I was fooled. 

I was wrong about this. Also looks like the guy was more of the typical school shooter guy. 

Edited by Marcusshelton
Something sounded better in my head than it read.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All of the evidence says that he is.  There will never be any actual consequences or downsides for him.  Ever.  Stop pointing to his single conviction, which will ultimately be a meaningless blip with no actual consequences.  Money damages?  Bitch please....he has already extracted more cash from being and running for president than he'll ever have to pay out.  And when he takes office again, with TOTAL IMMUNITY?  Katy bar the door.  He will flat-out tell Elon to give him a billion dollars and he'll deem Twitter the bestest and onliest protected social media platform on earth, or some shit like that.  Ad nauseum.

Yep.

One of my sons plays D&D, so this is a nerd reference, but spot on:  Trump rolls nothing but Natural 20s.  It's frankly unbelievable. He's basically Domino from Deadpool 2.  

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

SS just fucking standing around him after shots fired for a photo op and not taking him to the ground or directly offstage like every other situation we’ve seen something like this happen

Trump's repulsive odor could have given them pause.

24 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. Even rushed, he could still take down an ear. That's some fancy shootin'.

Seriously, without the distraction, we might all be in a totally different mood now. Horror, of course.

image.gif.49c6524fd55187688879b1b7c37895ad.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Took his kids to see a loudmouth bigot yell about everyone he hates, and why everyone should hate them too. Didn't deserve to die, but fuck him in general. Anyone who attends those things are bona fide pieces of human garbage just like their false god.

It 100% tracks for dotard here. Someone else taking the fall (this time, death) for his lies, hate, and malice. I guess if you don't want to get shot, don't attend a rally whose speaker is spewing nothing but hatred and violence. Maybe try a church, synagogue, elementary school, middle school, high school, college, hospital, concert, grocery store, sporting event or any other number of safe spaces to hang where you won't get shot.

Wait.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

He hasn't been in front of a camera since the shooting. 

I can't wait to see what over the top bandaging he'll be sporting for the next four months. Will be comical, at best.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Due to the growing sense that the shooter didn't have strong political beliefs/ties and acted alone, it feels like it's kinda deflated the outrage or fascination with what happened. This is now looking like just another case of good old fashioned American gun violence. A lot of people are numb to it at this point. 

The right's desire for people to have easy access to firearms might end up burning them here. Good. 

59 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

He was kicked out of his HS shooting class he was so bad. If you either want an assassination or you want to hit an ear at 150 yards and miss a head there's no way in hell you chose this guy. Oswald was a trained military marksman and top of his class. These 2 were on different planets on skill level.

If there was any real motivation for this shooter besides being insane, I think get kicked out of his HS shooting club may be a strong candidate.   Shooting a presidential candidate from distance is one way of providing his critics wrong (in a twisted sort of way).  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

none of this matters anymore. Trump has already moved on, he thinks he's invincible.

He has always thought he was invincible.  He thought so after Covid.  He thinks so now.  What's different?

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

If there was any real motivation for this shooter besides being insane, I think get kicked out of his HS shooting club may be a strong candidate.   Shooting a presidential candidate from distance is one way of providing his critics wrong (in a twisted sort of way).  

narrator:  The HS shooting club was right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

and yet all he did was reinforce the perception that he was a terrible shot and now two people are dead and neither was the intended target

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He hasn't been in front of a camera since the shooting. 

That is actually pretty bizarre.  I would guess that his team is restraining him to delay the eventual squandering of goodwill in which he will engage.  But when have they ever succeeded in restraining him?

Maybe the fucker is actually shook.

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and yet all he did was reinforce the perception that he was a terrible shot and now two people are dead and neither was the intended target

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

We’re gonna find some manifesto about how much he hated firefighters. 

Beat me to it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is actually pretty bizarre.  I would guess that his team is restraining him to delay the eventual squandering of goodwill in which he will engage.  But when have they ever succeeded in restraining him?

I think he absolutely is shook. A brush with death is much more traumatic for a malignant narcissist than it is for a persona with a normal psyche (for whom it's still very traumatic).  Do I think it will fundamentally change him? No. But, especially given that the shooter was a Republican white boy, he's definitely going to be terrified for quite awhile that it will happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any more outdoor rallies the rest of the campaign.

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn't say it was a rational or "correct" motivation.   In his twisted mind, this may have been the way "to show everyone!".    If so, he failed spectacularly, just like shooting Reagan didn't ultimately win Jody Foster's love.    Obviously he was a loser and his colleagues' opinions of him was correct. 

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump apparently wanted to go back up to the lectern a few mins later to announce to the crowd that he was OK.

• Hook 'Em 1

This reminds me of the RRS weekend (October 7). People who wanted to politically capitalize on the Saturday's events, by Monday, are left scratching their heads wondering why they're not seeing more "flags in the bio" supporting Israel/Trump.

This may be a pretty new phenomenon that has no close historical precedent. Normally the people "rally around the flag" after a shocking event, (siege on Ukraine for example) but what happens when the target is inherently controversial and credibly tied to horrible policies? Support for Palestine is now at an all-time high in the US. Could that have been prevented if pro-Israel influencers hadn't overplayed their hand?

I have no doubt that the RNC and Trump's surrogates are pot-committed to overplaying this hand. That's what we saw from JD Vance and friends in the minutes and hours after the shooting. "Please don't make valid criticisms!!" "Turn down the temperature!!"

I was concerned those kind of arguments would take. Judging by Monday morning water cooler talk and the lack of a "flags in the bio" social contagion even though it's been just days, my read of the room is the average person isn't willing to overlook those valid criticisms.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

I think he absolutely is shook. A brush with death is much more traumatic for a malignant narcissist than it is for a persona with a normal psyche (for whom it's still very traumatic).  Do I think it will fundamentally change him? No. But, especially given that the shooter was a Republican white boy, he's definitely going to be terrified for quite awhile that it will happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any more outdoor rallies the rest of the campaign.

He's cowardly. He will have PTSD. He will be nervous around high rise buildings and roof tops for the rest of his life.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

That was the headline just now. It squares with what many of us thought. That SS likely thought the shooter was with PA LE. Until he opened fire. That is still a colossal failure but makes the most sense of all the theories. 

They thought a skinny 20-year-old, with long hair, carrying an AR style rifle without a scope (IE not a sniper rifle) and wearing a t-shirt for a popular YouTube gun channel was a local law enforcement sniper?

That opens a whole other can of stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, the only slight conspiracy theory to this whole thing is how utterly awful the security was which might suggest the SS actually wanted Donald dead.  Hey, don't blame 'em.  Dude sucks.  

A young, loner, gun nut kid decided to get his 15 minutes.  If we lived in a rational world a kid like that would never have the opportunity to own a long rifle he could just carry with him out in the open willy nilly.  If we lived in a rational world the political rhetoric in this country would have never been bad enough to spur him to get on that roof.  If we lived in a rational world security would have never allowed him the chance to get on that roof.  Instead, we live in the Idiocracy timeline so of course it happened exactly like it did.  And now it might be the deciding factor in whether or not America continues to exist as a democracy or as a country at all.  

Fucking get me out of here, dude.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, the only slight conspiracy theory to this whole thing is how utterly awful the security was which might suggest the SS actually wanted Donald dead.  Hey, don't blame 'em.  Dude sucks.  

A young, loner, gun nut kid decided to get his 15 minutes.  If we lived in a rational world a kid like that would never have the opportunity to own a long rifle he could just carry with him out in the open willy nilly.  If we lived in a rational world the political rhetoric in this country would have never been bad enough to spur him to get on that roof.  If we lived in a rational world security would have never allowed him the chance to get on that roof.  Instead, we live in the Idiocracy timeline so of course it happened exactly like it did.  And now it might be the deciding factor in whether or not America continues to exist as a democracy or as a country at all.  

Fucking get me out of here, dude.  

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if security was lax because the money for that was siphoned off somehow.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

They thought a skinny 20-year-old, with long hair, carrying an AR style rifle without a scope (IE not a sniper rifle) and wearing a t-shirt for a popular YouTube gun channel was a local law enforcement sniper?

That opens a whole other can of stupidity.

Hey just reporting the news. I don’t understand any of this. I likely never will. Even with more information. After seeing the crowd of MAGA pretty much yelling about the guy on the roof. None of it will ever just come together. Lots of hearings on this are forthcoming. Biden said he ordered this be investigated but it won’t ever stop the conspiracy theories. I saw a headline earlier that FBI said investigating act of domestic terrorism. And also that lady in black hat in white shirt sitting behind Trump at the event—people are attacking her on social media saying she was behaving oddly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

The main reason that conspiracy is stupid is because the SS is generally MAGA AF.  We are much, much more at risk for them going "ole!" as a bullet flies by and straight into Biden than we are at risk of having the MAGA SS let Trump get killed.

This was a garden-variety failure by the SS.  Maybe on any other given day, at any other location, it doesn't happen.  A lotta things have to go a certain way for bad shit to happen but statistically, the stars align every so often.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I agree, but there is a difference between getting shot and being shot at.  That distinction matters. 

Unsure I'm following. I get the difference between what you're saying in terms of care but I don't see a difference in terms of anything else. I don't think this makes Trump a hero because he was shot/shot at. In both cases, it's the same from his standpoint.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

The main reason that conspiracy is stupid is because the SS is generally MAGA AF.  We are much, much more at risk for them going "ole!" as a bullet flies by and straight into Biden than we are at risk of having the MAGA SS let Trump get killed.

This was a garden-variety failure by the SS.  Maybe on any other given day, at any other location, it doesn't happen.  A lotta things have to go a certain way for bad shit to happen but statistically, the stars align every so often.

These are the same people who believed Taylor Swift was a CIA plant.

2 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Apples and oranges comparisons here.  Both of those were close contact, not direct asset protection.  Both were likely suicide by cop, heck Saturday's probably was too.

In direct asset protection scenarios they tackle the suspect (if possible) and cover the asset ASAP simultaneously.

Not really. Distance doesn’t matter. What matters is determining whether a person is authorized to be where they are and if they might pose a threat. You don’t have to wait until they start shooting. The distance just adds an extra layer of difficulty in determining that it’s not a cop up there on that roof so you don’t mistakenly shoot someone legitimately working security. To fire first on a potential threat probably requires some authorization from a commanding officer. That would make sense. It would also make sense that if someone starts shooting, you don’t have to wait for any authorization to take them out.

If there had been time to identify the shooter as someone who wasn’t authorized to be up there and they saw him pointing a gun at Trump, I’m sure they would’ve taken him out before he could fire a shot. It sounds like he started shooting before that could happen. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Unsure I'm following. I get the difference between what you're saying in terms of care but I don't see a difference in terms of anything else. I don't think this makes Trump a hero because he was shot/shot at. In both cases, it's the same from his standpoint.

He becomes less superhuman if it was shrapnel or glass projectile. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He raced to the basement security bunker in the White House when a peaceful demonstration was going. Of course, it was BLM which means Black people and people who support Black people's right to not be killed by the police were present.

He's a chickenshit. His presence of mind to show bravado, while impressive, is in no way an indicator of Cadet Bonespurs' courage.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He raced to the basement security bunker in the White House when a peaceful demonstration was going. Of course, it was BLM which means Black people and people who support Black people's right to not be killed by the police were present.

He's a chickenshit. His presence of mind to show bravado, while impressive, is in no way an indicator of Cadet Bonespurs courage.

That's something else to consider. Will this change Trump rallies as we know them? Will there be fewer campaign stops?

41 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I would guess Trump will wear the smallest bandage possible, if any. The dude is a narcissist. He's looking for admiration, not sympathy. 

I'm sure they're doing focus groups as we speak. Does he come out all bandaged up with "The Leftistst Shot Me" outrage, or without bandage and "The Leftists Missed Me" outrage. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm sure they're doing focus groups as we speak. Does he come out all bandaged up with "The Leftistst Shot Me" outrage, or without bandage and "The Leftists Missed Me" outrage. 

LOL. The focus group consists of one person. Donald Trump. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

25 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This reminds me of the RRS weekend (October 7). People who wanted to politically capitalize on the Saturday's events, by Monday, are left scratching their heads wondering why they're not seeing more "flags in the bio" supporting Israel/Trump.

This may be a pretty new phenomenon that has no close historical precedent. Normally the people "rally around the flag" after a shocking event, (siege on Ukraine for example) but what happens when the target is inherently controversial and credibly tied to horrible policies? Support for Palestine is now at an all-time high in the US. Could that have been prevented if pro-Israel influencers hadn't overplayed their hand?

I have no doubt that the RNC and Trump's surrogates are pot-committed to overplaying this hand. That's what we saw from JD Vance and friends in the minutes and hours after the shooting. "Please don't make valid criticisms!!" "Turn down the temperature!!"

I was concerned those kind of arguments would take. Judging by Monday morning water cooler talk and the lack of a "flags in the bio" social contagion even though it's been just days, my read of the room is the average person isn't willing to overlook those valid criticisms.

Yeah, so that's what I've noticed.  Maybe my friend set is more rational (doubtful) but I see very little talk about it on FB.  Just three people spouting stuff on FB the day of... one said some stupid stuff and 80% of the replies to him were like, "dude, you're better than this" and people seemed rational.  Another person really just picked on the SS and their failure.  Literally never made it political which was surprising.  The other like to poke the bear so whatever.

Otherwise, it feels like people just went back to their lives and ignored it.  Am I the only one seeing this?  On the left it was a lot of "this is not OK - no violence" and once Trump was back to playing golf, they were saying that the message has not changed.  I don't think this moves the needle for anyone not already in his corner.  It feel like average people are ignoring it or maybe saying "you reap what you sew".  

Mind you - I'm not on Twitter.  That's always a cesspool so what's new?

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

An actual cool fucking dude would come out on stage with a small bandage, and make a crack like "So...I've always been a pretty open-minded guy, but even I never thought I'd end up with a pierced ear.....the docs tell me it will be a coupla weeks before I can put an earring there, but I'm planning on something tasteful and presidential."

That is most certainly not what will happen.

• Hook 'Em 1