Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

people are attacking her on social media saying she was behaving oddly. 

I think the death of irony for the masses may be one of the key fatal ingredients to the republic's demise:

spacer.png

The above are normal tourists. No odd behavior here.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, texasdago said:

Yeah, so that's what I've noticed.  Maybe my friend set is more rational (doubtful) but I see very little talk about it on FB.  Just three people spouting stuff on FB the day of... one said some stupid stuff and 80% of the replies to him were like, "dude, you're better than this" and people seemed rational.  Another person really just picked on the SS and their failure.  Literally never made it political which was surprising.  The other like to poke the bear so whatever.

Otherwise, it feels like people just went back to their lives and ignored it.  Am I the only one seeing this?  On the left it was a lot of "this is not OK - no violence" and once Trump was back to playing golf, they were saying that the message has not changed.  I don't think this moves the needle for anyone not already in his corner.  It feel like average people are ignoring it or maybe saying "you reap what you sew".  

Mind you - I'm not on Twitter.  That's always a cesspool so what's new?

If the GOP convention suddenly looks like the 2004 GOP convention, and Trump comes out playing peacemaker on Thursday....then we will have some news that worth paying attention too.  If it's the same swamp of conspiracy theories, "FAKE NEWS," nonsensical anti-leftest drival, and Trump comes out and does one of his stream of consciousness brain dumps that include sharks and weak showers(with added NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE [TM]), next Monday we will likely be back to how do the Democrats get rid of Biden. 

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes, now been confirmed that he did donate.

I haven’t found a link. Care to share?

Last night’s reuters and today’s apnews both say he did make the donation, and 20 minutes ago, the BBC said he “reportedly” did so. I hope these outlets are wrong, as removing any tie to left wing causes focuses the narrative.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-assassination-attempt-thomas-matthew-crooks-shooter-881581c46c07025898027143fc9132e5

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3gw58wv4e9o.amp

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

I haven’t found a link. Care to share?

Last night’s reuters and today’s apnews both say he did make the donation, and 20 minutes ago, the BBC said he “reportedly” did so. I hope these outlets are wrong, as removing any tie to left wing causes focuses the narrative.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-assassination-attempt-thomas-matthew-crooks-shooter-881581c46c07025898027143fc9132e5

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3gw58wv4e9o.amp

I'm not gonna attempt to wade through online bullshit to find it right now.  But the narrative is already in place that there wasn't much of a political motive. Also the kid registering and voting Republican in 2022 overrides a $15 donation. 

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know, that's completely fucking insane.

She's obviously Mossad.

With songs like Exile, Prophecy, Bad Blood, and You need to calm down, it’s not like she was trying to keep it a secret?

Stop with the conspiracy theory nonsense. Go to another platform if that's what you want to do. We have moved beyond the immediate phase of the assassination attempt and this thread should be for fallout speculation and follow on coverage that is verified, not random twitter and 4chan shitposts.

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm not gonna attempt to wade through online bullshit to find it right now.  But the narrative is already in place that there wasn't much of a political motive. Also the kid registering and voting Republican in 2022 overrides a $15 donation. 

Understand. It just sucks the donation is part of the ongoing major media storyline.

And I agree that politics takes a backseat to disaffected maladjustment in this asshole’s motivation.

• Hook 'Em 1

That one cop who climbed the ladder and then pussed out. Dude would've been set for life if he had opened fire on the kid. He'd be a MAGA hero way moreso than Rittenhouse. I hope his wife reminds him of that every day for the rest of his life. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

It really probably comes down to this kid Metal Gear Solid-ed his way through the cops over there, which I guess wasn't that difficult with a rifle in tow and used their own ladder to climb up to the roof. The bumbling fucks probably thought he was one of them. Then Secret Service doesn't secure the area visually because it's left up to the local Barney Fifes. Probably issues with identifying if the shooter is local PD or not. Shooter starts shooting, sniper takes him out. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

One of my sons plays D&D, so this is a nerd reference, but spot on:  Trump rolls nothing but Natural 20s.  It's frankly unbelievable. He's basically Domino from Deadpool 2.  

He’s either the literal Antichrist, or he’s God’s chosen instrument to punish us

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The bumbling fucks probably thought he was one of them. 

I think it comes down to this on the response time. He dressed to blend in, at least somewhat, with law enforcement. I think there was some initial confusion as to whether he was friend or foe. I don't know if we'll ever find out fully, but I'm betting it's something along those lines. The other option is incompetence, which is the prevailing thought at the moment.

Just now, Sawbonz said:

He’s either the literal Antichrist, or he’s God’s chosen instrument to punish us

aren't those one in the same?

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Was that bad info from yesterday or Saturday? If so, my apologies.

No no no. My apologies. I just mean that sounds like bullshit put out by the campaign to make him seem tough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

devil in the white city classics GIF

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Holy shit, haha! Couldn't even make that up if we tried. Abolish the police?

"Tactical team."  The word "tactical," self-used/applied by anyone, is a 100% dead-on indicator that you're dealing with full-on idiocy, fuckery, or both.  These are clowns who buy fucking "tactical" underwear.  It's all about the cosplay, using/abusing force against civilians/out groups, and 0% about actually protecting anyone.

If you are being protected by a police "tactical team," you aren't protected at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think he absolutely is shook. A brush with death is much more traumatic for a malignant narcissist than it is for a persona with a normal psyche (for whom it's still very traumatic).  Do I think it will fundamentally change him? No. But, especially given that the shooter was a Republican white boy, he's definitely going to be terrified for quite awhile that it will happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any more outdoor rallies the rest of the campaign.
I think he's also shook that his secret service or the city that hosts his rally may not be up to the task of protecting him.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think it comes down to this on the response time. He dressed to blend in, at least somewhat, with law enforcement. I think there was some initial confusion as to whether he was friend or foe. I don't know if we'll ever find out fully, but I'm betting it's something along those lines. The other option is incompetence, which is the prevailing thought at the moment.

He was wearing shorts, tennis shoes, and a Demo Ranch t-shirt.  The dude could not have looked less like a LEO if he'd tried.

This is pure and utter incompetence from everyone involved.  They basically rolled the red carpet out for anyone to get up on that roof and take a shot.  Local PD totally fucked up their end of security and then SS protocols/having to interact with the dumbass local cops led to waiting until after this kid had fired before doing something about the situation.  Then the SS's response after the shots was also a comedy of errors.  Let Trump do w/e the hell he wants instead of getting him out of there immediately, asking each other what the plan is because they had none, unable to draw/holster weapons while looking completely panicked, etc.

If I'm any politician that rates a security detail I'm freaking out and demanding sweeping changes immediately.  A kid who did zero prep work, couldn't make his own shooting club in school he was such a terrible shot, and who was spotted minutes beforehand by a gang of people who were alerting the authorities was a few centimeters away from popping a former President's head like a balloon.  

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

Stop with the conspiracy theory nonsense. Go to another platform if that's what you want to do. We have moved beyond the immediate phase of the assassination attempt and this thread should be for fallout speculation and follow on coverage that is verified, not random twitter and 4chan shitposts.

The one somewhat remote fun thing in all of this horrific bullshit we're living through and we can't have it?

• Haha 3

So did anyone ever explain why Trump was so concerned about his shoes? Does he take them off while he's doing the rally? Did Ivanka gift them to him? Why did he care so much about his shoes immediately after getting shot at?

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

So did anyone ever explain why Trump was so concerned about his shoes? Does he take them off while he's doing the rally? Did Ivanka gift them to him? Why did he care so much about his shoes immediately after getting shot at?

The lifts would be discovered. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

The lifts would be discovered. 

this

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I won’t speculate anymore, but this was one weird event / incident. Get over it .

im very much looking forward to his first public words 

Black twitter final words :

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The one somewhat remote fun thing in all of this horrific bullshit we're living through and we can't have it?

there's plenty of speculation left open. Him being shot is not open to rampant speculation and is more harmful than it is funny.

I'd imagine gone are the days of him doing outdoor events unless it's in a location like a football stadium or some space that doesn't have a bunch of adjacent buildings that you're expecting dipshit local PD to secure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That one cop who climbed the ladder and then pussed out. Dude would've been set for life if he had opened fire on the kid. He'd be a MAGA hero way moreso than Rittenhouse. I hope his wife reminds him of that every day for the rest of his life. 

My understanding is that he hoisted himself up using both hands (no ladder) and didn’t have a free hand to pull his weapon. Of course that could be revisionist bullshit.

59 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think the death of irony for the masses may be one of the key fatal ingredients to the republic's demise

Sometimes I wonder what guys like George Carlin and Bill Hicks would have said about all this shit.  Then I find myself grateful that they don't have to see it.

15 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

We can call it Blue Anon 

"I guess I just blew myself." /tobias

I rise now to inquire with local law enforcement, "I already know the answer...but did any of your dozens of personnel happen to have their bodycams turned on?  We could aggregate the images, maybe figure out how he got past y'all and up the ladder?"

Local law enforcement, "Well, you see.  What happened was.  We left the body cameras at the staging area so we couldn't get to them in time."

Me, "Dude, I'm looking right at the fucking map...he walked past your staging area."

Local law enforcement, "Well, okay but they were close by.  But they were undergoing software updates.  Those little red reminder things bug the crap out of our Captain." 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Per NPR this morning Trump is reworking his speech and has told people stuff like "I shouldn't be here." So maybe he is shook 

He is a bully, so he's a coward deep down inside.  I would be shocked if he isn't nervous as hell about appearing in front of crowds.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

It actually doesn't look too difficult at all to climb up there. This is a Google Streetview shot from that parking lot. Those two cypress trees block off the view from the nook where the ladder was that he supposedly didn't use. Maybe the fat-ass cops had to go look for one to check the roof, and that's why it took them so long to react to the crowd's warnings.

That gray electrical-looking box or metal cabinet just to the right of the loading dock looks like it'd be easy enough for a skinny 20yo to hop up on to gain access to the roof, which is connected to the one he shot from. Moreover, I really don't think this area is visible from where the counter-snipers were positioned because of the tree blocking their view.

image.thumb.png.bed3f82e885fb6043e629fd1d721f224.png 

image.thumb.png.b2ed8a28d0fa43f9b70c3e56fb4dd052.png

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

It actually doesn't look too difficult at all to climb up there. This is a Google Streetview shot from that parking lot. Those two cypress trees block off the view from the nook where the ladder was that he supposedly didn't use. Maybe the fat-ass cops had to go look for one to check the roof, and that's why it took them so long to react to the crowd's warnings.

That electrical box just to the right of the loading dock looks like it'd be easy enough for a skinny 20yo to hop up on to gain access to the roof, which is connected to the one he shot from. Moreover, I really don't think this area is visible from where the counter-snipers were positioned.

Sort of seems like a building right next door to the stage with very easy access to the roof would be monitored. I don't know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sort of seems like a building right next door to the stage with very easy access to the roof would be monitored. I don't know. 

I'd think so, too, but here we are.

Edit: Regardless, I was just trying to show how physically easy it'd be to get up there.

Edited by bolverk

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

52633318d8cd910d61d639a36d16cbee.jpg

giphy.gif

Trump then shared that he visted Kyle Field recently and the fans there were just so great and terrific and fed him burgers and he is going to make Baron attend and join the corp, if he's honored enough to make the cut, and started tearing up at the idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'd imagine gone are the days of him doing outdoor events unless it's in a location like a football stadium or some space that doesn't have a bunch of adjacent buildings that you're expecting dipshit local PD to secure. 

download.jpeg.4644e0d20b77622f451d72e94779e579.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That electrical box just to the right of the loading dock looks like it'd be easy enough for a skinny 20yo to hop up on to gain access to the roof, which is connected to the one he shot from. Moreover, I really don't think this area is visible from where the counter-snipers were positioned.

That electrical box is on the wrong building.  Shooter was on the one to the left, and I think there is footage of him getting up there.

3 hours ago, Victorious1 said:

A 20-yo nerd beats SS & other law enforcement security getting within 150 yards of a target.  Can you imaging what someone with real experience/training could have accomplished?

I don't agree because the way I picture it is that someone that knows what they are doing does not walk around nervously and gets noticed and then says to themselves hey look a ladder right next to the local police command center, why don't I go climb up that and take my shot.