Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

Just now, DixonHur said:

That electrical box is on the wrong building.  Shooter was on the one to the left, and I think there is footage of him getting up there.

I haven't seen footage of him getting up there. Post it if you can find it.

Also, re-read my second paragraph. The two buildings are connected, and the view of that portion of both roofs from the counter-sniper position looks like it'd be blocked by the tree I clumsily circled in red.  

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

That one cop who climbed the ladder and then pussed out. Dude would've been set for life if he had opened fire on the kid. He'd be a MAGA hero way moreso than Rittenhouse. I hope his wife reminds him of that every day for the rest of his life. 

I don't know if he had gun drawn as he climbed, he should have, and not a rifle.  He could have put a round right up that kid's ass.

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I haven't seen footage of him getting up there. Post it if you can find it.

Also, re-read my second paragraph. The two buildings are connected, and the view of that portion of both roofs from the counter-sniper position looks like it'd be blocked by the tree I clumsily circled in red.  

I'm looking for the footage of him getting up there and will post if/when i find it.

I'm just amateur sleuthing like the everyone else, but when he's first seen on top of the building, it's at the far end away from where the box is.  Plus, that box is just a ~5 foot tall plastic storage cabinet. One, I'm not sure if that would hold the weight of an adult, and two, there's still another 5 ft to get to the roof.  Then he'd have to make it another 150 ft along the rooftop without being seen by LEO or SS.  

image.thumb.png.c38ee5cbaf2d3496bac34a6ecb489c7c.png

image.thumb.png.6bc11243edaa5c4761f649f5901cebf6.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

He was wearing shorts, tennis shoes, and a Demo Ranch t-shirt.  The dude could not have looked less like a LEO if he'd tried.

This is pure and utter incompetence from everyone involved.  They basically rolled the red carpet out for anyone to get up on that roof and take a shot.  Local PD totally fucked up their end of security and then SS protocols/having to interact with the dumbass local cops led to waiting until after this kid had fired before doing something about the situation.  Then the SS's response after the shots was also a comedy of errors.  Let Trump do w/e the hell he wants instead of getting him out of there immediately, asking each other what the plan is because they had none, unable to draw/holster weapons while looking completely panicked, etc.

If I'm any politician that rates a security detail I'm freaking out and demanding sweeping changes immediately.  A kid who did zero prep work, couldn't make his own shooting club in school he was such a terrible shot, and who was spotted minutes beforehand by a gang of people who were alerting the authorities was a few centimeters away from popping a former President's head like a balloon.  

Local PD?  I thought it was Pennsylvania State Police...If it was, it makes it even more mind boggling...Seems like an inside job to me, but don't want to speculate.  How does this kid even pull this off without help though?  Someone turning a blind eye letting him near the buildings?  None of it makes sense.  No way Secret Service and State Police could be this incompetent.  The only way this doesn't come out looking real bad for the SS is someone in local law enforcement  helped the kid..

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

That one cop who climbed the ladder and then pussed out. Dude would've been set for life if he had opened fire on the kid. He'd be a MAGA hero way moreso than Rittenhouse. I hope his wife reminds him of that every day for the rest of his life. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

My understanding is that he hoisted himself up using both hands (no ladder) and didn’t have a free hand to pull his weapon. Of course that could be revisionist bullshit.

I'm no apologist for the cops, but if I were using two hands to climb and my head peeked over the roofline to see that a guy with an AR-14 had noticed me, I would slide back down that ladder or just leap to the ground. The smell of shit would be notable.

It was probably hot on that roof, so the cops decided they could guard it from the ground. Then, on the ground, they start grab-assing and checking out the MAGA skanks and lose track of what they're supposed to be doing. Nobody's gonna climb up on that hot roof. Nice AR that guy's carrying. Wonder where he got it.

homer-doh-498-x-371-gif-px2qt4gnv0refz7x

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

An actual cool fucking dude would come out on stage with a small bandage, and make a crack like "So...I've always been a pretty open-minded guy, but even I never thought I'd end up with a pierced ear.....the docs tell me it will be a coupla weeks before I can put an earring there, but I'm planning on something tasteful and presidential."

That is most certainly not what will happen.

he would have been open minded if the kid was a better shot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So, 150 yards with a direct line of sight is outside their perimeter?

Um yeah, this. I would think any nearby structure with an accessible roof would be considered within their "perimeter". 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Local PD?  I thought it was Pennsylvania State Police...If it was, it makes it even more mind boggling...Seems like an inside job to me, but don't want to speculate.  How does this kid even pull this off without help though?  Someone turning a blind eye letting him near the buildings?  None of it makes sense.  No way Secret Service and State Police could be this incompetent.  The only way this doesn't come out looking real bad for the SS is someone in local law enforcement  helped the kid..

Obviously Biden did it from the grassy knoll. 

5 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I read somewhere in this thread that the SS is spread extremely thin at the moment. Trump's rallies are out in the middle of nowhere because he doesn't pay for these places. So you're reliant on country cops or maybe some state police, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm looking for the footage of him getting up there and will post if/when i find it.

I'm just amateur sleuthing like the everyone else, but when he's first seen on top of the building, it's at the far end away from where the box is.  Plus, that box is just a ~5 foot tall plastic storage cabinet. One, I'm not sure if that would hold the weight of an adult, and two, there's still another 5 ft to get to the roof.  Then he'd have to make it another 150 ft along the rooftop without being seen by LEO or SS.  

When I read that they said he hadn't used a ladder, I just wanted to see if Streetview had a shot of that side of the building to see what it looked like (It was already on my mind because of the previous mention of the ladder in that little nook behind the cypress trees). I scanned around a bit, saw the gray box, and thought to myself, "Yeah. When I was 20-21 years old, that wouldn't have been too much of a problem if I weren't seen getting up there and crawling along the roof behind its ridgeline to get a clear shot."

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I read somewhere in this thread that the SS is spread extremely thin at the moment. Trump's rallies are out in the middle of nowhere because he doesn't pay for these places. So you're reliant on country cops or maybe some state police, I guess.

So they had deputy Barney Fife covering the "main" threat in the whole area, the one high point that didn't have snipers on it, and Barney had to take a crap and took his eye off the ball for 30 minutes? This just looks worse and worse for the security folks that were there...

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

When I read that they said he hadn't used a ladder, I just wanted to see if Streetview had a shot of that side of the building to see what it looked like (It was already on my mind because of the previous mention of the ladder in that little nook behind the cypress trees). I scanned around a bit, saw the gray box, and thought to myself, "Yeah. When I was 20-21 years old, that wouldn't have been too much of a problem if I weren't seen getting up there and crawling along the roof behind its ridgeline to get a clear shot."

Roof access for building like that:
1.  Ladder

2  Internal hatch.

3.  Caged ladder on exterior.

4.  Exposed ladder with the bottom 6 -8 feet missing or locked in the "up" location.

5.  Interior stairs leading to a top door that is typically locked from the interior or dead bolted with double side key locks to prevent use.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

So they had deputy Barney Fife covering the "main" threat in the whole area, the one high point that didn't have snipers on it, and Barney had to take a crap and took his eye off the ball for 30 minutes? This just looks worse and worse for the security folks that were there...

They keep talking about the difference between the President and VP having enhanced SS protection vs a candidate. Until yesterday Trump had regular SS protection now his has been enhanced. At least what CNN was saying. 

So the difference in enhanced and regular is that with regular the local Pd is supposed to pick up slack and you get shot? Ok. 

13 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Roof access for building like that:
1.  Ladder

2  Internal hatch.

3.  Caged ladder on exterior.

4.  Exposed ladder with the bottom 6 -8 feet missing or locked in the "up" location.

5.  Interior stairs leading to a top door that is typically locked from the interior or dead bolted with double side key locks to prevent use.

I'm not seeing any of those things from Google (admittedly not ideal) from any of the angles. You're more than welcome to check it out.

On the opposite side (west) of the building, there's a large AC unit in that other little nook, and there are some industrial vents on the south side of the building, in plain view of the counter-snipers. 

Check it out from different viewpoints and angles.

21 minutes ago, bolverk said:

if I weren't seen getting up there and crawling along the roof behind its ridgeline to get a clear shot.

This is the part that still gets me.

Literally any 5th grader could have devised a better security plan.  This wasn't rocket surgery, and as someone upthread pointed out, it's not exactly downtown Manhattan.  It's 1 low-rise corrugated metal building, with a clear line of sight to the former president.  

The fact that no one thought it was a good idea to have few cops stationed on or, at least around, the most obvious of all obvious shooting locations is insanity.  

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It was probably hot on that roof, so the cops decided they could guard it from the ground.

More than likely it is a type of "Single Ply" (TPO or DuroLast) & if so, not hot at all.  Common color is white (doesn't absorb sunlight & therefore no need to reflect it back off).  Common option # 2 is exposed fastener galvalume metal, & yeah, that gets blistery hot with a sunny day (regardless of the temperature).

Other recent pics on this page of the thread showed white, so I'm going with TPO.  Not hot.

Just now, DixonHur said:

This is the part that still gets me.

Literally any 5th grader could have devised a better security plan.  This wasn't rocket surgery, and as someone upthread pointed out, it's not exactly downtown Manhattan.  It's 1 low-rise corrugated metal building, with a clear line of sight to the former president.  

The fact that no one thought it was a good idea to have few cops stationed on or, at least around, the most obvious of all obvious shooting locations is insanity.  

Undoubtedly. I've just been fixated on the kid's logistics.

If a dude is standing in the grass holding a pistol 50 yards away from the stage, is that outside their perimeter? Where does that end?
You know where it ends... where it all ends....MV5BMTZkYjM3MTItZWMwMC00YzNkLTkzNTgtMGIwMDVhYmRiMzkwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyOTE2ODg0._V1_.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Undoubtedly. I've just been fixated on the kid's logistics.

Me too.  It was clearly not a detailed plan with months of analysis.

He couldn't have known how the SS and local/state LEO would be set-up, or whether they had deployed drones, etc.

I mean, even assuming open carry, shouldn't some sort of Spidey sense have been activated when some dude is walking within 200 years of a former president, who also happens to be bigly divisive, while carrying an AR rifle?

Yet somehow, he's able stroll along a minimum 150 yards in the open while carrying a weapon toward a building that had to have been identified as a threat, shimmy up the side of building, walk or crawl 150 ft on the building, hang out for 3 minutes while crowds of people are pointing at him, and then shoot at the president.  

And not once during that time did SS or LE think...

58289fbd-e0cc-40d1-83c8-3b6b88a3b5c7_tex

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Me too.  It was clearly not a detailed plan with months of analysis.

He couldn't have known how the SS and local/state LEO would be set-up, or whether they had deployed drones, etc.

I mean, even assuming open carry, shouldn't some sort of Spidey sense have been activated when some dude is walking within 200 years of a former president, who also happens to be bigly divisive, while carrying an AR rifle?

Yet somehow, he's able stroll along a minimum 150 yards in the open while carrying a weapon toward a building that had to have been identified as a threat, shimmy up the side of building, walk or crawl 150 ft on the building, hang out for 3 minutes while crowds of people are pointing at him, and then shoot at the president.  

And not once during that time did SS or LE think...

58289fbd-e0cc-40d1-83c8-3b6b88a3b5c7_tex

Yeah, that's why I'd like to know where the magnetometers were located (where he was spotted pacing nervously) in relation to that building. How far did he have to stroll with an AR strapped to his back (or whatever) before he was spotted by the crowd climbing up the side of the building?

Like, I could *almost* see him pulling it off if he climbed up on the side with the parking lot away from peering eyes where that tree line shielded him from being spotted by the USSS nested on the roof behind the stage. Of course, there's no telling where the local LEOs actually were, even though reports have now stated they were supposed to be up on the same roof he fired from. That last detail would at least explain the supposed presence of the ladder unless a cop later dragged it over to check on the crowd's report that someone was up on the roof.

And, again, I'm not questioning in the least bit that there was a massive security failure. I'm just trying to figure out how the kid might have done it.

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So theoretically a large group of citizens can carry firearms just outside the perimeter of a presidential rally if the state has open carry laws? 

Yeah, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

image.thumb.png.c38ee5cbaf2d3496bac34a6ecb489c7c.png

image.thumb.png.6bc11243edaa5c4761f649f5901cebf6.png

That whole series of buildings have metal roofs that are pretty low to the ground. That must’ve made a helluva lot of noise on the interior of the buildings. Was the staging area inside? If so, I’d imagine the noise might have made the keystone cops curious about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Maybe open carry of long guns is a bad idea?

I don't know why, but I kind of expected the Republican give-a-fuck about reasonable gun laws to raise to 1 out of 100 as opposed to their standard setting of 0 out of 100 post school shooting. 

Silly me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

They keep talking about the difference between the President and VP having enhanced SS protection vs a candidate. Until yesterday Trump had regular SS protection now his has been enhanced. At least what CNN was saying. 

So the difference in enhanced and regular is that with regular the local Pd is supposed to pick up slack and you get shot? Ok. 

I don't think Pennsylvania State Police are like local PD, (think more like Texas Rangers type organization), not your typical rural police.   Don't think they would likely be as incompetent as it seems..

Now several people are reporting the building the kid used had already been swept and cleared and was used as a staging area for the security personnel.  These seems even more and more like an inside job.  The building swept and cleared so now local dirt bag cop or whoever helps the kid get on the building with a weapon since authorities already cleared/ approved  the building as a safe zone and not monitoring it as closely.

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

uh... probably a bad idea.    whats the stats on cops being domestic violencers?  something like 15X more likely than the normal population....   yeah... not a good idea

21 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I don't think Pennsylvania State Police are like local PD, (think more like Texas Rangers type organization), not your typical rural police.   Don't think they would likely be as incompetent as it seems..

Now several people are reporting the building the kid used had already been swept and cleared and was used as a staging area for the security personnel.  These seems even more and more like an inside job.  The building swept and cleared so now local dirt bag cop or whoever helps the kid get on the building with a weapon since authorities already cleared/ approved  the building as a safe zone and not monitoring it as closely.

Obviously, it was Biden. Just say what you want to say. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1