Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

51 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So theoretically a large group of citizens can carry firearms just outside the perimeter of a presidential rally if the state has open carry laws? 

JimCarreyDumbandDumberWellYeah.gif

• Haha 1

So I guess where I'm at now is even if we had all the facts about this what does it matter if it's not going to turn down the divisiveness and rhetoric of these campaigns. 

It obviously hasn't changed anything, if anything the temperature is going to go up even higher now. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

So I guess where I'm at now is even if we had all the facts about this what does it matter if it's not going to turn down the divisiveness and rhetoric of these campaigns. 

It obviously hasn't changed anything, if anything the temperature is going to go up even higher now. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9520vjmeysdfe2rzllfzfn

Hard to believe but MTG's tweets might have gotten even more toxic.

• Rage+1 2

I had hoped this thread would be posted to Daily Texan since I was just wanting information without all the BS.  Instead I was reminded why I never venture in Cloak Room.  Holy hell some of you are miserable people. 

Both sides are tone deaf AF.  Damn I hate politics.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, that's why I'd like to know where the magnetometers were located (where he was spotted pacing nervously) in relation to that building. How far did he have to stroll with an AR strapped to his back (or whatever) before he was spotted by the crowd climbing up the side of the building?

Like, I could *almost* see him pulling it off if he climbed up on the side with the parking lot away from peering eyes where that tree line shielded him from being spotted by the USSS nested on the roof behind the stage. Of course, there's no telling where the local LEOs actually were, even though reports have now stated they were supposed to be up on the same roof he fired from. That last detail would at least explain the supposed presence of the ladder unless a cop later dragged it over to check on the crowd's report that someone was up on the roof.

And, again, I'm not questioning in the least bit that there was a massive security failure. I'm just trying to figure out how the kid might have done it.

It's like Case McCoy's run against aggy. 

"How the fuck did that happen?"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I had hoped this thread would be posted to Daily Texan since I was just wanting information without all the BS.  Instead I was reminded why I never venture in Cloak Room.  Holy hell some of you are miserable people. 

giphy.webp

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Maybe open carry of long guns is a bad idea?

This.

We have a serious fucking gun violence problem that needs to be addressed. The fact that it doesn't even register as a series topic in the media after a Presidential candidate was shot at is insane.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's like Case McCoy's run against aggy. 

"How the fuck did that happen?"

Ha! He came this close to derping his way into assassinating a former president. Perfect for this timeline.

• Haha 1

Here's just one of a billion of examples of "both sides." Jurors in the trump case were protected to the best the law could provide and they all did their jobs and tried to vanish. Several jurors in the Hunter Biden case spoke to the press immediately after using their real names in the chyron. Both sides, fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 6

An assassination attempt on a former President of the United States who is also currently running for President again and his campaign hasn’t held one press conference about it and has threatened to fire anyone on the campaign who talks to the media about it, even if they go “off the record.”

Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Azbadlands said:

I don't think Pennsylvania State Police are like local PD, (think more like Texas Rangers type organization), not your typical rural police.   Don't think they would likely be as incompetent as it seems..

Now several people are reporting the building the kid used had already been swept and cleared and was used as a staging area for the security personnel.  These seems even more and more like an inside job.  The building swept and cleared so now local dirt bag cop or whoever helps the kid get on the building with a weapon since authorities already cleared/ approved  the building as a safe zone and not monitoring it as closely.

An inside job and you use a kid who couldn’t even make the JROTC rifle team, and give him a gun with no optics?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, HookEm said:

image.jpeg.5e738885c11ee026242b77c5b591baf5.jpeg

• Haha 4

People used to say about Clinton he was Teflon. That nothing stuck to him. I remember the famous SNL skit where Bill Hammond playing him walked to the podium and said “I am bullet proof. Next time yall come at me you best use kryptonite” or something close to it. 

Pretty sure it was Darrell Hammond. But I’m like a third of the way through this thread, so it’s probably been addressed seventy times.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

people like you is why we are where we are.

These people won't realize there is a battle for this nation's soul until it's over. And they're gonna incredulously say, "How did we get here?"

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

An inside job and you use a kid who couldn’t even make the JROTC rifle team, and give him a gun with no optics?

Who else would you get to do it?  Nobody in their right mind goes out to kill a politician and believes they are going to get away with it right?  Or, even live when there are sniper teams all around.  You think they would find a trained sniper with a death wish to do the job?  I mean I doubt there would be a lot of people that willingly want to sign up for this job knowing the job most likely ends with them being dead..

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Who else would you get to do it?  Nobody in their right mind goes out to kill a politician and believes they are going to get away with it right?  Or, even live when there are sniper teams all around.  You think they would find a trained sniper with a death wish to do the job?

Dude, they didn't find a 20 yo loner with average to below average shooting skills to take out a political rival.  The tinfoil hat is squeezing your brain too hard.

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Dude, they didn't find a 20 yo loner with average to below average shooting skills to take out a political rival.  The tinfoil hat is squeezing your brain too hard.

Ok, so you're saying State Police and Secret Service are just that incompetent to allow a 20 year old loner dweeb to outsmart all of them with no help at all?  Who is this kid, Rambo or Spiderman?  

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Fuck You 5

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Ok, so your saying State Police and Secret Service are just that incompetent to allow a 20 year old loner dweeb to outsmart all of them with no help at all?

Yes.  State law allows open carry.  He was outside of the rally grounds, and therefore not part of SS's responsibility for the day.  That responsibility appears to have been on either state or local cops, but in any case Trump's detail was charged with protecting him, not locking down the neighborhood.

Why is this so hard for you?

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Oh man, why don't you fucking stop it.  Shit, this is too fucking big for you, you know that. Who tried to do the ex-president?  Who tried to kill Trump? Fuck man!  It's a mystery.  It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma. The fucking shooter don't even know.  Don't you get it?

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok, so you're saying State Police and Secret Service are just that incompetent to allow a 20 year old loner dweeb to outsmart all of them with no help at all?  Who is this kid, Rambo or Spiderman?  

tenor(5).gif.32a263c2b48c4621513601443aab1e32.gif

i mean there's a lot of video of exactly that lol

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Azbadlands said:

He's saying state police fucked up. SS sniper put a bullet in his head within about 5 seconds of him being visible to them. And you still haven't addressed the pretty enormous question of "if the American fucking government was setting up an inside job to kill a political rival WHY WOULD THEY GET SOMEONE WHO'S KNOWN TO BE A SHITTY AIM AND NOT EVEN GIVE HIM A SCOPE. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Who else would you get to do it?  Nobody in their right mind goes out to kill a politician and believes they are going to get away with it right?  Or, even live when there are sniper teams all around.  You think they would find a trained sniper with a death wish to do the job?

Point of fact, a trained sniper wouldn't need to be within 150 yards of the president for a kill shot, nor would they have selected this rally as a target.  Too much wide-open space.  City environment works better for a trained pro.

17 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Who else would you get to do it?  Nobody in their right mind goes out to kill a politician and believes they are going to get away with it right?  Or, even live when there are sniper teams all around.  You think they would find a trained sniper with a death wish to do the job?  I mean I doubt there would be a lot of people that willingly want to sign up for this job knowing the job most likely ends with them being dead..

If this was sponsored by Biden, Trump would be dead and there would be no way to know who did it. Stupid take. Bullets wouldn't be involved.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Dude, we're all wondering how he slipped past unnoticed, or at minimum not considered a threat, but that doesn't mean the US government hired him.  He'd still have to get past the same people he got past.

Edited by DixonHur

18 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

You couldn’t get anyone to do it. That’s my point. 

As is always the case in these shootings, people spend an inordinate amount of time trying to determine why these things keep happening. The kid had a gun and an opportunity presented itself. There’s also a simpler explanation. The kid could just not have liked bullies, having been bullied himself. Trump is a bully. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

He's saying state police fucked up. SS sniper put a bullet in his head within about 5 seconds of him being visible to them. And you still haven't addressed the pretty enormous question of "if the American fucking government was setting up an inside job to kill a political rival WHY WOULD THEY GET SOMEONE WHO'S KNOWN TO BE A SHITTY AIM AND NOT EVEN GIVE HIM A SCOPE. 

I didn't say the government did it.  It could be a local dirtbag police with access to information about the security setup that hates Trump..You don't find it strange the kid picked that building after it was marked safe, and it's the one building that gives him direct line of sight to Trump and the slope of the roof shields him from the other sniper teams while he sets up?.. Who is this kid?  No military or sniper training, and he somehow picks the only spot in that whole place  where he has a good chance to get a shot off before being killed...Like I said he must be Rambo or Spiderman to pull that off on his own with law enforcement and eye witnesses everywhere.

• Fuck You 4
  • Rage+1 1

Heard it from my wife’s father in law’s son who talked to the kid just before it happened and he said he’s been a life long golfer and didn’t like how the Donald was disrespecting the game. Called his handicap bullshit and said he doesn’t replace his divots. Said it was time for a mulligan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

As is always the case in these shootings, people spend an inordinate amount of time trying to determine why these things keep happening. The kid had a gun and an opportunity presented itself. There’s also a simpler explanation. The kid could just not have liked bullies, having been bullied himself. Trump is a bully. 

~1 in 20 American adults (16 million) own at least one AR-15 (Wash Post estimate). That's all you need to know really.

Edited by retread

Posted (edited)

I didn't say the government did it.  It could be a local dirtbag police with access to information about the security setup that hates Trump..You don't find it strange the kid picked that building after it was marked safe, and it's the one building that gives him direct line of sight to Trump and the slope of the roof shields him from the other sniper teams while he sets up?.. Who is this kid?  No military or sniper training, and he somehow picks the only spot in that whole place  where he has a good chance to get a shot off before being killed...Like I said he must be Rambo or Spiderman to pull that off on his own with law enforcement and eye witnesses everywhere.

Or, like Donald Trump, he got lucky.

Well, until he didn't.

Edited by David Dennison