Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

Just now, immamac said:

You know what accountability looks like? Pulling this guy's channel and monetization. There's too much money to be made to do that so instead we get a non apology victim statement and a nice healthy traffic bump from new users trying to figure out how this channel fits into the assassination narrative. 

He's not sorry because it's going to be a massive revenue boost. He didn't say he's going to donate lifetime proceeds from the sale of that shirt to a political action fund that actively dissuades any and all political violence. He didn't even pull that merch. It's a fucking ad for the merch. 

Can’t stop the grift.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

You know what accountability looks like? Pulling this guy's channel and monetization. There's too much money to be made to do that so instead we get a non apology victim statement and a nice healthy traffic bump from new users trying to figure out how this channel fits into the assassination narrative. 

He's not sorry because it's going to be a massive revenue boost. He didn't say he's going to donate lifetime proceeds from the sale of that shirt to a political action fund that actively dissuades any and all political violence. He didn't even pull that merch. It's a fucking ad for the merch. 

Was that on his Twitter or IG? 

Just now, immamac said:

He doesn't make posts on single platforms. YouTube has a post feature like this as well. 

OK... I guess I was just trying to sort through where he would post something like that. 

6 minutes ago, texasdago said:

OK... I guess I was just trying to sort through where he would post something like that. 

You're talking about the two German soldiers?  I thought that was on Twitter, but maybe he put it everywhere.

I don't really have a problem with a guy building a small social media empire focused on legal firearms (and veterinary).  What I have a problem with is his utterly tone-deaf apology focused more on how it "sucked" for him, along with standard boilerplate phrasing ("speedy recovery", etc.).  If you're too stupid to realize that selling gun fetish merch opens you up to the possibility of some nutjob doing nutjob things while wearing said merch, then you just might be a proud graduate of the Texum Aggies Veterinary School.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, texasdago said:

nowadays, everywhere.  youtube, ig, tiktok, twitter, onlyfans/patreon/medium/etc.  you must be on all the channels.  and you need a linktree or a hub or whatever to direct users to them.

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

You gotta hand it to the GQP, their messaging is far more effective than whatever the fuck it is the democrats are rolling out. Good job, good effort. 

You don't need to use the Force to have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

• Drool 1

He cosplayed as a fucking nazi, had a fan wear his merch while trying to kill the president, and then didn’t even take down the nazi post before he attention really got brought to it. Yeah, I kinda do think he’s a fucking dumbass. But yeah, knowing he’s an aggy just seals the deal.

FWIW, I knew about the ss dressup day before potshots at Donny day. I didn’t really bother posting it in the gun forum here because who really knows how it’ll be received. I hate fash but I can’t speak for everyone on this site.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, deft said:

He cosplayed as a fucking nazi, had a fan wear his merch while trying to kill the president, and then didn’t even take down the nazi post before he attention really got brought to it. Yeah, I kinda do think he’s a fucking dumbass. But yeah, knowing he’s an aggy just seals the deal.

FWIW, I knew about the ss dressup day before potshots at Donny day. I didn’t really bother posting it in the gun forum here because who really knows how it’ll be received. I hate fash but I can’t speak for everyone on this site.

Icono- I mean Macklemore would’ve ordered the tailored SS attire 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, deft said:

0c9981ce992017dd06b6797787a4e18f.jpg
He didn’t feel like getting dressed up for his apology tour? Would the panzer SS look not go over well right now?

Not that long ago wearing something like that in public in the USA would have led to a swift ass kicking.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Not that long ago wearing something like that in public in the USA would have led to a swift ass kicking.

So would trying to suck Putin's cock  in public, but that seems to be de rigueur for the GQP today as well. 

• Like 1

Yes, it was a maracle.
image.thumb.png.a6cb4feeec9f5bbb9a7b26685dff5dbe.png

I had a nerf gun fight like that. 10 darts all well aimed and those things flew left, right, down. Even my son was wondering how he didn’t get hit. I guess it must have been God. But a few moments later I shot him anyway. Poor forsaken kid.
  • Haha 1

Ugh: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-world/jack-black-ends-tenacious-d-tour-kyle-gass-trump-shooting-comment/507-b1be744e-d0f3-4e62-b765-53bff4598207?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2uHwTZmDwj4nZUM2MRt2fe2cEJJhzt17dtBsGtS9wb6uuxGupDxkCG4dA_aem_PnIJyeYrZwdmQbKg3f3SNQ

NEW YORK — The comedy rock duo Tenacious D — made up of Jack Black and Kyle Gass — has canceled the rest of their tour after Gass' remarks about the assassination attempt on Donald Trump.

While onstage at a concert in Sydney on Sunday, Gass was presented with a birthday cake and asked to “make a wish” by Black. Gass responded, “Don't miss Trump next time,” an apparent reference to the rally shooting a day before that left the former president with an injured ear. The video of Gass was widely circulated on social media.

“I was blindsided by what was said at the show on Sunday. I would never condone hate speech or encourage political violence in any form,” Black said in a Tuesday statement on Instagram. “After much reflection, I no longer feel it is appropriate to continue the Tenacious D tour, and all future creative plans are on hold. I am grateful to the fans for their support and understanding.”

Following Black's statement, Gass apologized on Instagram.

“The line I improvised Sunday night in Sydney was highly inappropriate, dangerous and a terrible mistake,” he wrote Tuesday. “I don't condone violence in any kind, in any form, against anyone. What happened was a tragedy, and I'm incredibly sorry for my severe lack of judgement.”

The band recently completed dates in the U.S. and Europe. Their “Spicy Meatball Tour” was slated to continue Tuesday night in Newcastle, hitting most major cities in Australia and New Zealand this month before returning to the U.S. for a select few dates in October.

“Frontier Touring regret to advise that Tenacious D’s concert tonight at Newcastle Entertainment Centre has been postponed,” their touring company announced in a statement on Instagram Tuesday. “Ticket holders are asked to hold onto their tickets until further information is available.”

When asked for further comment, a representative for the band directed the Associated Press back to Black's statement. Details on refunds for the remaining tour dates were not immediately available.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I had no idea they were still a thing. But lulz at the idea of Kid Rock or the Nuge cancelling a show after suggesting violence. Shit that's typically the close in the second encore. 

Ted Nugent -- the proud gun-owner, poorly coiffed Michigander, and washed-up rocker -- has said some silly and offensive things in the past, and not just while performing "Cat Scratch Fever." In 2007, he said the following during a concert: "Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch."

So that's his level of political discourse. Of course, he seems to be speaking figuratively if distastefully. But he made another rather appalling statement over the weekend at the NRA convention in St. Louis:

If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.

He also recommends decapitating Democrats: "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I had no idea they were still a thing. But lulz at the idea of Kid Rock or the Nuge cancelling a show after suggesting violence. Shit that's typically the close in the second encore. 

Jack Black is a decent human being and Ted Nugent is a shit stain.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

image.thumb.png.42ef1251e16745ce485b77eda57f462d.png

“Shots were fired at 6:11…” It was 1:11 AM in the Holy Land. Maybe this clarifies the shooter’s political leanings:

”He came unto his own, and his own received him not.” John 1:11

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

So what is the excuse for that?  Reenacting?  

I find reenacting somewhat weird to begin with, but Revolution and Civil War makes a lot more sense to me than cosplaying Nazi here in America.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So what is the excuse for that?  Reenacting?  

I find reenacting somewhat weird to begin with, but Revolution and Civil War makes a lot more sense to me than cosplaying Nazi here in America.

You see it at airshows all summer long.  Not unusual at all in that context.  But typically there are people reenacting Russians, Germans, French, British, Americans, etc., etc.  and its part of a show where the good guys always win.

Edited by Chad Fuck
*The Allies are the good guys. A shame I have to make that statement now.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

You see it at airshows all summer long.  Not unusual at all in that context.  But typically there are people reenacting Russians, Germans, French, British, Americans, etc., etc.  and its part of a show where the good guys always win.

Yeah I guess that's right.  I've seen the troops jump from a C47, but nothing beyond that.

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Icono- I mean Macklemore would’ve ordered the tailored SS attire 

Who wouldn't?

I begin to wonder if Hugo Boss will be the undoing of Western Democracy. 

I do prefer our battle dress uniform from the time.

spacer.png

It looks like business.

• Hook 'Em 4

Mealy mouthed journalism, as usual:

image.png.78bf5f52249f8bda1f8a22ba1e3ae2cf.png

It's clearly a reference to the rally as you can see by the quote later on. Write what you see and know then own it.

This is part mealy-mouthedness and template writing. We were so much better off with reporters who had never gone to college.

• Drool 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

I don't think that's why. I genuinely believe this guy thinks he's an innocent victim in this like the ones that got shot at the rally. 

Yes, how many times did he say "boy that really sucks for me"?