Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Bad shit happens to all people all the time. Is the rhetoric terrible?  Yes. Yeah it is. I would not be surprised with a civil war. Am I comparing republicans to Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor?  Looney Toons. 

Again, you're not the one being threatened. It isn't bad shit happening. It is bad shit he and his ilk are causing. He says it is an invasion at the border. His followers hear that and arm themselves to stop that invasion, shooting the "vermin" and invaders in El Paso. Transgenders and gays are subhuman, groomers, and pedophiles, so his followers shoot at them in clubs. And maybe it isn't just his followers, but other folks that hear those words repeated over and over and internalize them. You may not be concerned about the threats. You may feel safe. Others hear "we're going to kill them" and take that threat literally. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, they’re worse. Japan attacked an enemy state. Trumpers will be more akin to the Nazis rounding up fellow citizens into ghettos and concentration camps.

For fuck’s sake. Grab your balls dude. 

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Again, you're not the one being threatened. It isn't bad shit happening. It is bad shit he and his ilk are causing. He says it is an invasion at the border. His followers hear that and arm themselves to stop that invasion, shooting the "vermin" and invaders in El Paso. Transgenders and gays are subhuman, groomers, and pedophiles, so his followers shoot at them in clubs. And maybe it isn't just his followers, but other folks that hear those words repeated over and over and internalize them. You may not be concerned about the threats. You may feel safe. Others head "we're going to kill them" and take that threat literally. 

Is Brisket a Mexican migrant, gay or trans?

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Were they on the marble shelf at the El Paso Wal-Mart, where a man inspired by rhetoric about evil invaders slaughtered 2 dozen brown people? That would explain how they got lost. Lotta confusion and chaos there.
Wait…maybe my marbles were on the toy aisle at the Buffalo grocery where a dude killed 10 black people to “prevent the elimination of the white race.” That must be it. No, wait…
Maybe they were in the kids play area a the Tree of Life synagogue, where a fuckhead killed 11 Jews because they were facilitating a “genocide” against white people!
Dammit…or maybe my marbles were just there in the Capitol gift shop, and they got misplaced by all those wandering tourists, who just HAPPENED to be chanting “hang Pence,” and were asked where to find that bitch Pelosi.

I’ve heard an actual cop fantasize about going to the border to shoot wetbacks.

Some old conservative peers on social media post shit like “we understand terms like MOA, you use terms like DEI; we are not the same.” “MOA” means “minute of angle,” by the way - it’s a reference to a rifle’s accuracy.

I can keep doing this. All fucking day. The right is an open and proud stochastic terrorist movement that has already yielded definitive and bloody results, and is currently led by a man who promises “revenge” and “retaliation.” His words, those quotation marks are for real.

But I’m the one who has lost my marbles for suggesting that maybe the rest of us should be fully prepared to fight back against more of what has already happened. No. No marbles lost. I’m just not suicidally stupid - I know that the MAGAs are counting on the rest of us to just fold and cower before them, but the hell of it is, we’re Americans too. And cowering and folding isn’t our nature. FAFO.

Sorry that happened. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Republicans literally attacked the Republic on January 6th with the intent to override the will of the people. They are the aggressors in this rapidly escalating civil unrest. 

For fucks sake, it was a REPUBLICAN who had been targeted for progun propaganda by the trump campaign that shot at trump. 

Totally agreed. Did they launch an aerial attack that killed 3,000 of our awakening soldiers in one of the worst military disasters in our history?  

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

Is Brisket a Mexican migrant, gay or trans?

Oh, I guess just fuck those people right? No reason for them to be concerned or fight back? 

Did you think everyone in that Walmart was an illegal immigrant? Did you not realize they weren't being that discriminate in their attacks? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

Totally agreed. Did they launch an aerial attack that killed 3,000 of our awakening soldiers in one of the worst military disasters in our history?  

Way worse man. Almost ended our democracy. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

Worse. The Republic was never in danger from Japan. It didn't have the power to take it out. The insurrectionists on January 6th aimed for its heart. The patient has been on life support since. But they have more than shown that they have the power to take it out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Are you obsessed with everything being an indictment on the military industrial complex in real life? 

Obsessed? No. But not shy about pointing out the obvious when it comes to foreign policy. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Oh, I guess just fuck those people right? No reason for them to be concerned or fight back? 

Did you think everyone in that Walmart was an illegal immigrant? Did you not realize they weren't being that discriminate in their attacks? 

When my kid was at Ft. Bliss, he and my DIL hit that  very Walmart almost weekly.   I've been in it myself.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Obsessed? No. But not shy about pointing out the obvious when it comes to foreign policy. 

And Brisket isn't shy about pointing out the obvious either. 

Posted (edited)

Brisket is objectively and literally one of the whitest people on the face of the earth.

And you're objectively and literally the dumbest smart guy on the face of the earth. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, not fuck those people. You provided 3 examples of disenfranchised groups and I’m wondering how Brisket is grouped. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Way worse man. Almost ended our democracy. 

Insanity. One of them killed thousands of soldiers and engaged us in the horrific Pacific Theatre for 3.5 years. The other, had it been “successful”, would’ve been over by the end of the business day. In fact had it been more successful, Trump might be in jail right now. 

• Fuck You 3

One thing that struck me as a bit funny in a quiet moment today.

"There's no place for political violence"

In a country born out of political violence.

Do I want political violence, think we need to go there, think it is going to be good for this society?  Fuck no

BUT

• Hook 'Em 1

Worse. The Republic was never in danger from Japan. It didn't have the power to take it out. The insurrectionists on January 6th aimed for its heart. The patient has been on life support since. But they have more than shown that they have the power to take it out. 

No. There’s a complete lack of logic and perspective in this forum. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

One thing that struck me as a bit funny in a quiet moment today.

"There's no place for political violence"

In a country born out of political violence.

Do I want political violence, think we need to go there, think it is going to be good for this society?  Fuck no

BUT

There absolutely is a place for it in this country as shown Saturday. Apparently you cannot express it here and I won’t. My thoughts may surprise some here. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You just do it so often, repeatedly in fact, and in the most self-aggrandizing way that it just seems like it.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Indomitable said:

SIAP

The most surprising admission to me was that they didnt have the roof secured where the shooter was because it was deemed a safety issue with the sloped roof. They actually had local cops inside the building below. Here’s the sloped roof  

IMG-2516.jpg

Shocking levels of incompetence  

I think that might be selective revisionism. In this situation, iirc, secret service is in charge of near and far safety. Near, being the guys that all jumped on him to protect him, and far being counter sniper teams. I’m sure I’ll be corrected here, but I think local police are in charge of everything in between. Which would explain that sniper on the roof popping his head up when he saw a muzzle blast and then repositioning to try to make a shot. They might have been focused much further out and didn’t expect to have to cover 150yds out. 

Insanity. One of them killed thousands of soldiers and engaged us in the horrific Pacific Theatre for 3.5 years. The other, had it been “successful”, would’ve been over by the end of the business day. In fact had it been more successful, Trump might be in jail right now. 

So he should be in jail either way?
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, seven said:

My parents and grandparents aren't racist pieces of shit so I feel like I'm missing out. 

It changes the game when you come to the realization that much of the lashing out in the CR over the last 7 or so years is self loathing and projection of posters' interpersonal family relationships. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, they’re worse. Japan attacked an enemy state. Trumpers will be more akin to the Nazis rounding up fellow citizens into ghettos and concentration camps.

#Project2025

• Hook 'Em 4

It changes the game when you come to the realization that much of the lashing out in the CR over the last 7 or so years is self loathing and projection of posters' interpersonal family relationships. 

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So, I guess you were pushing pills in gitmo? It is amazing how you can ignore everything going on around you except your one specific pet project. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Season 6 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Dunno about anyone else, but I’m reading this as quite the confession.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Maybe the shooter woulda waved me in, saying “you look white enough to live.” I dunno.

Well, you oft forget to mention it in your verbose rants, but he killed white people that day as well. So probably not.   That’s sort of the thing with murderous psychopaths.  

35 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Are you familiar with the concept of war?

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, you oft forget to mention it in your verbose rants, but he killed white people that day as well. So probably not.   That’s sort of the thing with murderous psychopaths.  

... And, in his own words, he was there to fight an "invasion" of brown people. So yeah, white people got caught in the cross fire. But you cant just ignore why he was doing what he was doing. I mean, I know you will, but you shouldn't. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Did that one strike a little too close to home for you?

Such a pithy response.  Especially in light of the fact my whole family died on a shrimp boat when I was six months old.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Very normal brained. 

It's weird how you think using that phrase isn't self incriminating. Anywho, go vote for Trump. I'm totally sure he will not completely abuse the powers your so concerned about all the time. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

Damn. We just stopped in El Paso on the way back from a trip out west. Stayed by the airport not far from that Walmart. Never would have thought that happened there until someone told us.

This country has serious issues

• Hook 'Em 2

... And, in his own words, he was there to fight an "invasion" of brown people. So yeah, white people got caught in the cross fire. But you cant just ignore why he was doing what he was doing. I mean, I know you will, but you shouldn't. 

Yeah, there’s a few crazies mixed in the 330m in the US.   I’m completely surprised, honestly.   

• Fuck You 1