Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

36 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If she is too fat (which from the pictures and videos really looks more like a thick softball catcher build), then Trump is supremely, morbidly obese. And dollars to donuts she is in significantly better shape than you and significantly stronger. 

Sorry, that's wrong.

I can outrun her, outlift her. But that isn't the point really. It's not a comparison to average internet posters. It's a comparison to what level fitness is appropriate for the people protecting the leader of the free world. I'm sorry if you're overweight and that's triggering you about this, but there really isn't a debate about what the standards should be. Surely you think softball catcher (which is being charitable) is the appropriate fitness level for the position?

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've mentioned before my (ex) uncle was on Nixon's detail.  That dude ran his ass off every day in training.  I'd guess 8-10  miles when the schedule allowed.

We used to be a proper country.

12 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Forget it you are wasting your breath. Women in politics are harrassed and body-shamed, whether it be this woman in the SS, Katie Porter, or Huckabee and even as ugly as going after children like Chelsea Clinton and Monica Lewinsky back in the day. This is who these people are.

Jesus this isn't about women. She's also not "in politics". She's an officer of the Secret Service. 

• Fuck You 12

12 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Still not caught up on this thread, SIAP, but @Rex Kramer and @Anastasis take on @Brisketexan posts reminded me of a 1986 Crossfire show when Frank Zappa and John Lofton discissed censorship. Rax and Ana are as ostrich as Lofton. 

https://archive.org/details/FrankZappaOnCrossfire

Or the English show where the Archbishop of Canterbury tried to argue religion with John Cleese annd Eric idle I think, and the message of life of Brian. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I honestly don't know how adults behave that way.  It's insane.  I get it, "cult", but have some freakin' pride.

There is no pride.  There is no dignity.  There is no identity BUT the cult membership.  This is what they are.  All of them.  Whether they admit to voting for Trump, or show up here to say "I don't like him and won't vote for him [I just agree with and support everything he says and stands for]."

ad9c2a66-bab0-44ca-aea8-dc1f6eb0f007_tex

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'd like you to think for a moment about whom you're going back and forth: a newly minted, right-wing troll posting in CR who is overly familiar with the board and calls himself "indomitable," as in he can't be defeated. Maybe someone who's been crowdsourced about two dozen times? Does that ring any bells with anyone?

And borrowing from crippleboy's description of Trump.

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'd like you to think for a moment about whom you're going back and forth: a newly minted, right-wing troll posting in CR who is overly familiar with the board and calls himself "indomitable," as in he can't be defeated. Maybe someone who's been crowdsourced about two dozen times? Does that ring any bells with anyone?

the name is a pathetic reference to abbott's unbelievably cringey and perineum licking tweet. we know exactly who he is.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Indomitable said:

I think the Secret Service should have in shape officers that know how to handle their weapon.

It's weird I know. 

The SS has some issues from what I've noticed over the past 20 or so years, not all of which are related to this incident or the detail involved.

Somehow I get the feeling you'd find something to bitch about anyway.

52 minutes ago, Indomitable said:

I can outrun her, outlift her. But that isn't the point really. It's not a comparison to average internet posters. It's a comparison to what level fitness is appropriate for the people protecting the leader of the free world. I'm sorry if you're overweight and that's triggering you about this, but there really isn't a debate about what the standards should be. Surely you think softball catcher (which is being charitable) is the appropriate fitness level for the position?

Nah, you're at least 100 lbs overweight with big ole man tits. Uggos are the ones that get obsessed with calling women fat.  You're probably poor too. You'll have to post a picture and a copy of your pay stub to prove otherwise. Don't forget to be standing in front of a tree.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What the hell is that? Why is he swaying his hands back and forth while he claps? Why can't any of these people do anything normally?

They act the way they do out of extreme insecurity, because they are full blown weirdos irl. I mean, imagine being genuinely upset about the existence of gay people, drag queens, and trans people. Things that have zero affect on their lives if they want to avoid it, yet it consumes their personalities. Just weird as fuck people.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Don't forget fattie. Found a picture of the whole crew online.

RNC 2024 Day 3 updates: JD Vance prepares to take center stage - ABC News

I saw a picture of one of the RNC attendees like this on the news the other night.  The TV was muted, so I got the picture out of context at first.  My first thought was, "Why does that dude have a teabag taped to his ear?"  Took me a bit to realize the cult connection.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Vegas64 said:

Forget it you are wasting your breath. Women in politics are harrassed and body-shamed, whether it be this woman in the SS, Katie Porter, or Huckabee and even as ugly as going after children like Chelsea Clinton and Monica Lewinsky back in the day. This is who these people are.

Monica Lewinsky wasn’t a child. She was 22 years old when she began her affair.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I saw a picture of one of the RNC attendees like this on the news the other night.  The TV was muted, so I got the picture out of context at first.  My first thought was, "Why does that dude have a teabag taped to his ear?"  Took me a bit to realize the cult connection.

“Teabag.” Right word, wrong definition. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Still not caught up on this thread, SIAP, but @Rex Kramer and @Anastasis take on @Brisketexan posts reminded me of a 1986 Crossfire show when Frank Zappa and John Lofton discissed censorship. Rax and Ana are as ostrich as Lofton. 

https://archive.org/details/FrankZappaOnCrossfire

I’ve been hit pretty hard for my somewhat relaxed take on what I feel is his imminent election. Like Penelope is doing what she does, negging every post (of mine, not Ana’s), without any attempt to understand where I’m coming from. I don’t want Trump to get elected, and am already making plans investment wise preparing for it. 

I do think people here, and it’s not exclusive to Surly, are being overly dramatic about what will occur under Trump’s second term. I find some of the comparisons ridiculous. But perhaps I haven’t appropriately put myself in their shoes. So I’ll hang up and listen. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’ve been hit pretty hard for my somewhat relaxed take on what I feel is his imminent election. Like Penelope is doing what she does, negging every post (of mine, not Ana’s), without any attempt to understand where I’m coming from. I don’t want Trump to get elected, and am already making plans investment wise preparing for it. 

I do think people here, and it’s not exclusive to Surly, are being overly dramatic about what will occur under Trump’s second term. I find some of the comparisons ridiculous. But perhaps I haven’t appropriately put myself in their shoes. So I’ll hang up and listen. 

Different view points on different things fuel this place 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I know I'll regret this, but I'm legitimately curious what Jan. 6 means to you. The new VP candidate just said that he would have done what Pence refused to do, meaning both of them support the overturning of free and fair elections. How the ever living fuck can you people sit there and say concerns about these candidates is "overly dramatic?" He tried to overturn a fucking election! The very basis of democracy. No big deal? What the actual fuck is going on in this country?

Yeah, the plan is open and honest and for some reason people refuse to believe it. If Trump wins they will 100% do "alternate delegates" if Republicans lose '28 and the rubber stamp scotus will allow it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, linux said:

People are so naive about history though, every single person is at risk from a second Donald Trump term, even MAGA are just one step removed from the leopard eating their face.

During the fall of the Weimar Republic, who were the first people to be mass executed by Hitler? it was his own! the night of the long knives, the SA, the brownshirts were exterminated like rabid dogs. People cheered of course but they were just the first in the long long line of massacres and wars.

White people being so relaxed about the second Trump term are playing with fire, they are in the crosshairs as well, its just not known when Trump will do the ultimate crazy narcissistic act.

I guess this take confuses me.  All of this is driven by a deep desire to defeat Trump.  Swapping candidates at this stage is essentially unprecedented and the riskiest move imaginable and the furthest thing from "relaxed."

38 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I guess this take confuses me.  All of this is driven by a deep desire to defeat Trump.  Swapping candidates at this stage is essentially unprecedented and the riskiest move imaginable and the furthest thing from "relaxed."

I see a LOT of people updating their passports and getting ready to bail to the South Pacific, there is NO escaping a Trump disaster, no matter how far you run, hell moving to some island means that you are guaranteed screwed when the sea level rises.

I like to think of it this way, I like to pretend to see a man that will nuke every city on earth just because someone dared him to, the narcissistic brat... Everybody failed in allowing so much unchecked power, everyone from founding father to Truman, to Pelosi to Biden. That the president can fire everyone that disagrees with an order makes the whole system of "checks and balances" the biggest lie ever told.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Well, you'll never have your bodily autonomy questioned, and for some reason (not really) refuse to acknowledge how fucked up it is to have the state making reproductive decisions for women based on nothing but false narratives from 50 years ago. By the way, my family recently went through literal hell because of the local abortion bans, for reasons that your people never, ever consider, and downplaying it as not a big fucking deal is why people are furious. Anyone who thinks its just another political issue for reasonable disagreement can literally go fuck themselves. I have some personal connections to the LGBTQ community, almost none in the trans community, but I'm not going to brush it off because of it, let people fucking live, and stop calling them pedophiles and "groomers" or whatever. Again, these aren't reasonable areas for disagreement, this is peoples' actual humanity and right to exist on the line. Anyone who supports that bullshit can again go fuck themselves.

I’m pro choice. I agree it’s fucked up. Honestly it doesn’t affect me and I can’t do anything about it, so I do not spend energy getting worked up over it. But I don’t downplay it. I just think some of the Nazi and Pearl Harbor comps are absurd. We are living Godwin’s Law. 

I have 2 gay and 1 lesbian fam members. None of us are Trump fans, obviously. They definitely view me as the most liberal and reasonable of my family which is entirely conservative. My lesbian aunt is like 81, and she rails and rails on every conservative on Facebook such that I cannot even speak with her; politics is her life and she wears everyone out.  My gay cousins are in their late 30s.  We get along great.  They’re not concerned about another Trump presidency as much as they’re disgusted by it, like me.  I have zero connection to trans, but I have daily interaction with Gs and mostly intentional limited interaction with Ls.  Labeling them as pedophiles and groomers is laughable  

I’m the oldest of 4 kids, and only my baby sister is with me on Trump. Our parents and brothers think we are quite literally liberal, and we’re not. 

2 hours ago, safe sex said:

No shit 

Perhaps it’s because I get negged and it hardens the heart. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I know I'll regret this, but I'm legitimately curious what Jan. 6 means to you. The new VP candidate just said that he would have done what Pence refused to do, meaning both of them support the overturning of free and fair elections. How the ever living fuck can you people sit there and say concerns about these candidates is "overly dramatic?" He tried to overturn a fucking election! The very basis of democracy. No big deal? What the actual fuck is going on in this country?

1/6 disgusted me. Was glad to see people prosecuted and Pence not cave to Trump. I think Trump ought to be in jail or otherwise banned from running again as a traitor. I don’t think it’s “no big deal”. You never bothered to ask me. I’d have to see what Vance said about it. 

Rather what is overly dramatic (in my mind) is comparisons to Nazis, and the notion that the little coup by Ashli Babbitt and the Viking hat jackass would’ve overthrown democracy. No.  They would’ve failed miserably and it would have been over by the end of the day. The military wouldn’t have stood for that. Do I think Trump was behind it?  Probably not, but he incited dipshits to attack. He was complicit, and would have been just fine with their success and any benefit he could derive from it. He uses dumb people to his satisfaction. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m pro choice. I agree it’s fucked up. Honestly it doesn’t affect me and I can’t do anything about it, so I do not spend energy getting worked up over it. But I don’t downplay it. I just think some of the Nazi and Pearl Harbor comps are absurd. We are living Godwin’s Law. 

I have 2 gay and 1 lesbian fam members. None of us are Trump fans, obviously. They definitely view me as the most liberal and reasonable of my family which is entirely conservative. My lesbian aunt is like 81, and she rails and rails on every conservative on Facebook such that I cannot even speak with her; politics is her life and she wears everyone out.  My gay cousins are in their late 30s.  We get along great.  They’re not concerned about another Trump presidency as much as they’re disgusted by it, like me.  I have zero connection to trans, but I have daily interaction with Gs and mostly intentional limited interaction with Ls.  Labeling them as pedophiles and groomers is laughable  

I’m the oldest of 4 kids, and only my baby sister is with me on Trump. Our parents and brothers think we are quite literally liberal, and we’re not. 

1/6 disgusted me. Was glad to see people prosecuted and Pence not cave to Trump. I think Trump ought to be in jail or otherwise banned from running again as a traitor. I don’t think it’s “no big deal”. You never bothered to ask me. I’d have to see what Vance said about it. 

Rather what is overly dramatic (in my mind) is comparisons to Nazis, and the notion that the little coup by Ashli Babbitt and the Viking hat jackass would’ve failed miserably and been over by the end of the day. The military wouldn’t have stood for that. Do I think Trump was behind it?  Probably not, but he incited dipshits to attack. He was complicit, and would have been just fine with their success and any benefit he could derive from it. He uses dumb people to his satisfaction. 

First bold, obviously. If you are really pro-choice, then you should repudiate the entire fucking Republican party, because they are bound and determined to make women no better than property. Fuck that.

Second bold, Dude, it is the fucking internet.  If your fees fees get hurt from a neg on a goddamned message board, maybe you need to step the fuck away.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

The military wouldn’t have stood for that.

Donald Trump can fire every single non MAGA officer from top to bottom, it is 100% constitutional for him to do so.

Just because they are fucking idiots doing a coup with shamans and idiots does not mean the avenue and the INTENT is not there.

All it takes is for Putin to coach Trump: "This is how I got and retained near absolute military loyalty" and Trump can replicate a proven path.

Fill your military with lackies, fire everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I'm starting to see this "I am pro choice" "I never liked Trump" etc. bullshit as the new Gary Johnson voter.

Fuck.  You.  Take a stand or don't.  If you're not willing to fight, then you are the problem.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

IMG_1441.gif

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Rather what is overly dramatic (in my mind) is comparisons to Nazis, and the notion that the little coup by Ashli Babbitt and the Viking hat jackass would’ve overthrown democracy. No.  They would’ve failed miserably and it would have been over by the end of the day. The military wouldn’t have stood for that. Do I think Trump was behind it?  Probably not, but he incited dipshits to attack. He was complicit, and would have been just fine with their success and any benefit he could derive from it. He uses dumb people to his satisfaction. 

ill give you posrep for most of that bc i do think you're sincere. but like others have said... the bolded is weak and a copout.

i'd also suggest that if you think nazi comparisons are too far (i don't), ok... sticking with WWII analogies, i've actually been thinking the coming immigrant 'round ups' are going to be more like US Japanese. maybe that's not as much of a stretch for you, since, you know, we've actually done that ourselves in fairly recent history. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

19 minutes ago, linux said:

Donald Trump can fire every single non MAGA officer from top to bottom, it is 100% constitutional for him to do so.

Just because they are fucking idiots doing a coup with shamans and idiots does not mean the avenue and the INTENT is not there.

All it takes is for Putin to coach Trump: "This is how I got and retained near absolute military loyalty" and Trump can replicate a proven path.

Fill your military with lackies, fire everyone else.

I happen to agree that the military wouldn't have supported his coup, and firing them would not have changed that outcome, the guys at the top would have told him to fuck off and what can he do at that point? They have control of the fucking arsenal.

But he literally did everything in his power to get state secretaries of state and fake electors to overturn the election. That is Nazi shit, and shouldn't even be in question. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that and to downplay a new trump presidency is why nobody believes the rest of your "I don't like Trump" shit. Being "okay" with it is just as bad, if not worse.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

By the time the coup happened it was too late to fire everyone mode, he will have 4 years to get the administrative state ready to follow every single one of his orders, for fucks sakes read Project 2025 that is about hitting the ground running.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, linux said:

By the time the coup happened it was too late to fire everyone mode, he will have 4 years to get the administrative state ready to follow every single one of his orders, for fucks sakes read Project 2025 that is about hitting the ground running.

Exactly. Trump himself is too incompetent to do any of this shit, but the people around him will be the ones to pull it off. I honestly think he didn't give much of a shit his first term until he lost the election. He appointed people he thought would just let him coast and bask in his celebrity, and that's pretty much what happened, even through the worst pandemic in a century. He also didn't have the current SCOTUS until late in his term. The people who are glomming on to him this time around are competent enough to do the work and they have SCOTUS in the bag. How that' isn't terrifying is just beyond my comprehension. "I don't like him, but . . . " is complete horseshit, especially when the reasoning is "well it won't really affect me." Yeah no shit, a permanent right wing theocracy is what you fucking want, and you can just sit back and bask in the misery of "others." 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

They’re now being called “earpons”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I just read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.  If you think the Nazi comparisons are over the top, I suggest you read/listen to it.  If I wasn't already concerned, which I was, that took it to another level.  The similarities are pretty hard to ignore.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s looking more and more like this dude just decided to shoot a president and picked the closest one.  We are spending way more critical and political thought talking about it than he did.  

Also LOL at blaming the DEI secret service or women with guns or whatever instead of the fact that this fucking dude had an easier time getting a carbine than a drink at a bar. 

Is DEI now a slur in Maga land?

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I honestly don't know how adults behave that way.  It's insane.  I get it, "cult", but have some freakin' pride.

I made up a club in 6th grade with a half-dozen imaginary ranks that diminished in number until you got to the very top, where I sat, and I was the only one allowed to see if people passed the tests to advance.

No emperor of ancient Persia saw more obsequious sucking-up than I did running that club. Leaving out the attempted pencil-stabbing assassination plot.

They want to be in Trump's "In" crowd of favorite suck-ups. They are throwing elbows in front of similar bozos, and it'll probably work.

• Hook 'Em 1