Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

15 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Is DEI now a slur in Maga land?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVo1WOm3lZ1bxklM2CV61

slave/property -> negro -> n-word -> boy -> monkey/primate references -> back to n-word -> blek -> black twitter -> articulate -> crt -> dei.

added value of dei is they get to snicker about it including more than just blacks, it also gets to grab other derivative groups they hate like lgbtq.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

First bold, obviously. If you are really pro-choice, then you should repudiate the entire fucking Republican party, because they are bound and determined to make women no better than property. Fuck that.

Second bold, Dude, it is the fucking internet.  If your fees fees get hurt from a neg on a goddamned message board, maybe you need to step the fuck away.

First point, no, I’m not going to blister people that don’t think like me. 

Second, I do not care much except it deters discussion. If you’re just going to get hammered, you’re not going to participate. It’s why people call this an echo chamber. You’re not interested in dialogue or other viewpoints. You want only like minds. You’ll never effect change that way. 

1 hour ago, linux said:

Just because they are fucking idiots doing a coup with shamans and idiots does not mean the avenue and the INTENT is not there.

I said he should be in jail or not permitted to run having been convicted as a traitor. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

But he literally did everything in his power to get state secretaries of state and fake electors to overturn the election. That is Nazi shit, and shouldn't even be in question. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that and to downplay a new trump presidency is why nobody believes the rest of your "I don't like Trump" shit. Being "okay" with it is just as bad, if not worse.

I don’t refuse to acknowledge that. I’m not downplaying his next presidency. I’m not okay with it. I simply am saying I’m not freaking out. Yet. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

Second, I do not care much except it deters discussion. If you’re just going to get hammered, you’re not going to participate. It’s why people call this an echo chamber. You’re not interested in dialogue or other viewpoints. You want only like minds. You’ll never effect change that way. 

I said he should be in jail or not permitted to run having been convicted as a traitor. 

I don’t refuse to acknowledge that. I’m not downplaying his next presidency. I’m not okay with it. I simply am saying I’m not freaking out. Yet. 

The primary thing that gets you negs is when you say you're not freaking out because the bad stuff will not affect you, but then tell others whom it may affect that they are overreacting. That's the very definition of tone deaf. You seem to have realized the issue, but I'm not sure you've embraced what it truly means. 

• Hook 'Em 5

25 minutes ago, Felix said:

I just read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.  If you think the Nazi comparisons are over the top, I suggest you read/listen to it.  If I wasn't already concerned, which I was, that took it to another level.  The similarities are pretty hard to ignore.

My biggest takeaway from that book is every nazi was a "homosexual and sexual deviant" 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

slave/property -> negro -> n-word -> boy -> monkey/primate references -> back to n-word -> blek -> black twitter -> articulate -> crt -> dei.

added value of dei is they get to snicker about it including more than just blacks, it also gets to grab other derivative groups they hate like lgbtq.

Texags banned "feral" so now they say "the culture" 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The primary thing that gets you negs is when you say you're not freaking out because the bad stuff will not affect you, but then tell others whom it may affect that they are overreacting. That's the very definition of tone deaf. You seem to have realized the issue, but I'm not sure you've embraced what it truly means. 

That’s a mischaracterization. I do not believe we are turning into Nazi Germany. I’m simply being honest by saying some of the things we are seeing don’t affect me. And I know that I am lucky in that regard. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

That’s a mischaracterization. I do not believe we are turning into Nazi Germany. I’m simply being honest by saying some of the things we are seeing don’t affect me. And I know that I am lucky in that regard. 

It isn't a mischaracterization of how your posts have been perceived, but it may be an inaccurate portrayal of your feelings. I would qualify that as a misunderstanding more than anything. That said, I think you're very much in denial about what is happening. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, DixonHur said:

Trump likely used a toothpick and some loose thread from his tie to sew himself up in the limo.

If he was wearing a Trump-brand tie, there was plenty of loose thread.   Made in China piece of shit. 

On 7/16/2024 at 9:54 PM, Rex Kramer said:

Bad shit happens to all people all the time. Is the rhetoric terrible?  Yes. Yeah it is. I would not be surprised with a civil war. Am I comparing republicans to Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor?  Looney Toons. 

The Japanese attacking Pearl harbor had more integrity than Republicans

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, seven said:

My biggest takeaway from that book is every nazi was a "homosexual and sexual deviant" 

Grindr said the RNC was their superbowl... People are insane... Ernst Rohm was a homosexual and he was the first one purged

EDIT too late

Edited by linux
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

No, and speaking only for myself, I'd be happy to engage legitimate counterarguments to what the average progressive feels is right, but so far I've seen nothing but mealy-mouthed approval of bad behavior by bad actors.  Fuck that.  You know what's right and what's wrong, you just choose to turn a blind eye to the latter because it benefits you.  Fuck you for that.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"Anti-democracy, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-jew, anti-science, anti-gov't regulation of industry, anti-free speech, anti-birth control, anti-abortion, anti-bodily autonomy, anti-black, anti-immigration, anti-NATO, anti-Mexico, anti-Canada, anti-accessible health care, anti-diversity, anti-journalism, anti-independent courts, anti-justice, anti-fiscal responsibility, anti-fair system for taxation, anti-climate..."   

"Sure but it won't impact me!"

So you want freedom, with absolutely no responsibility whatsoever.  You are describing the life of a baby.  

(I don't recall which season of Fargo that is from, but that is paraphrased from it).  Pretty well sums them up.  

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So you want freedom, with absolutely no responsibility whatsoever.  You are describing the life of a baby.  

(I don't recall which season of Fargo that is from, but that is paraphrased from it).  Pretty well sums them up.  

Exactly. Vance's moneybags mentor, Peter Thiel, said he "no longer believes that freedom and democracy are compatible." In other words, he wants to be able to do whatever he likes without all the baggage of democracy. I have no doubt that's exactly what Trump, Vance, and the rest of them feel.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m pro choice. I agree it’s fucked up. Honestly it doesn’t affect me and I can’t do anything about it, so I do not spend energy getting worked up over it. But I don’t downplay it. I just think some of the Nazi and Pearl Harbor comps are absurd. We are living Godwin’s Law. 

image.gif.25f69c8da1dddbc71c7f6945c9acdc79.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Felix said:

I just read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.  If you think the Nazi comparisons are over the top, I suggest you read/listen to it.  If I wasn't already concerned, which I was, that took it to another level.  The similarities are pretty hard to ignore.

For more fun, check out Robert Evans' "Behind the Insurrection" spin off that he did right after Jan6. The case studies of all the fascist takeovers have SO. MANY. SIMILARITIES. with the republican efforts of today

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Eh, pretty sure y’all own that one now, bud.  Hezbollah flags out front should have told you.  

A lot of people have legitimate beefs with Israel -- some of them are really stupid.

THIS is a fundraising email from YOUR preferred Republican candidate.

https://politicalemails.org/messages/1100444

500px.jpeg

Remind you of anything?

A cartoon from an antisemitic Hungarian publication that was provided by United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. The cartoon, which is dated from the 1940s, shows a large man with bejeweled fingers, fat lips and a big, hooked nose puppeteering seven figures, including wealthy-looking people, military personnel, a man wearing a top hat and a man wearing a crown.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

A lot of people have legitimate beefs with Israel -- some of them are really stupid.

THIS is a fundraising email from YOUR preferred Republican candidate.

https://politicalemails.org/messages/1100444

500px.jpeg

Remind you of anything?

A cartoon from an antisemitic Hungarian publication that was provided by United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. The cartoon, which is dated from the 1940s, shows a large man with bejeweled fingers, fat lips and a big, hooked nose puppeteering seven figures, including wealthy-looking people, military personnel, a man wearing a top hat and a man wearing a crown.

I was certain it would be you or Fantana that replied.  The “I just want peace” wink wink guys.  It’s alright, sadiiq, do your thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 11

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I was certain it would be you or Fantana that replied.  The “I just want peace” wink wink guys.  It’s alright, sadiiq, do your thing. 

Man, I've avoided getting into with you in public because of the polite DM exchange you and I had a couple of years ago, but you can go fuck your own face with that antisemitism accusations. You know nothing, fattyfasci.

Never address me again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, bolverk said:

Man, I've avoided getting into with you in public because of the polite DM exchange you and I had a couple of years ago, but you can go fuck your own face with that antisemitism accusations. You know nothing, fattyfasci.

Never address me again.

Suck a dick.  You’re a terrorist sympathizer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 19

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s looking more and more like this dude just decided to shoot a president and picked the closest one.  We are spending way more critical and political thought talking about it than he did.  

Also LOL at blaming the DEI secret service or women with guns or whatever instead of the fact that this fucking dude had an easier time getting a carbine than a drink at a bar. 

Well, to be fair, he raided his parents' liquor cabinet.

7 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’ve been hit pretty hard for my somewhat relaxed take on what I feel is his imminent election. Like Penelope is doing what she does, negging every post (of mine, not Ana’s), without any attempt to understand where I’m coming from. I don’t want Trump to get elected, and am already making plans investment wise preparing for it. 

I do think people here, and it’s not exclusive to Surly, are being overly dramatic about what will occur under Trump’s second term. I find some of the comparisons ridiculous. But perhaps I haven’t appropriately put myself in their shoes. So I’ll hang up and listen. 

You should read Heather McGee’s, The Sum of Us, or catch her Ted Talk. Some of the stuff Trump is planning to harm others, will end up harming you as well, and you won’t even see it coming, because you believe you’re safe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you actually doxxing someone?

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Eh, pretty sure y’all own that one now, bud.  Hezbollah flags out front should have told you.  

"Why can't you be more like the German generals," Trump asked his then-Chief of Staff.

"Well, you stupid, obese fascist, Hitler's generals tried to kill him so you might want to ask a different question," answered former-Marine General John Kelly.  (I may not have typed Kelly's response correctly but that was the gist.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

giphy (1) (12).gif

New York's hottest club is called "Milwaukee."  Brought to you by promoter and muppet-come-to-life, Lara Trump.  This place has it all.  Ear gauze, tanning booths, trying stuff you can't in a small town, Amber Rose inking 'Eskimo Sisters' on everybody's genitals, Russell Brand sexual assault, Hulksters bench-pressing Kid Rocks, and a Cocaine Bear.  

"That's a movie, Stefon.  What exactly is a 'Cocaine Bear'?" 

It's like that thing where Don, Jr.s scrubs all the blow from his beard onto Charlie Kirk's forehead, to see how much Lee Greenwood can do between loops of his one song.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’ve been hit pretty hard for my somewhat relaxed take on what I feel is his imminent election. Like Penelope is doing what she does, negging every post (of mine, not Ana’s), without any attempt to understand where I’m coming from. I don’t want Trump to get elected, and am already making plans investment wise preparing for it. 

I do think people here, and it’s not exclusive to Surly, are being overly dramatic about what will occur under Trump’s second term. I find some of the comparisons ridiculous. But perhaps I haven’t appropriately put myself in their shoes. So I’ll hang up and listen. 

Rex, you are entitled to your opinion. This isn’t meant to call you out. I linked the interview because Lofton relied on insults to counter  Zappa’s argument, while Zappa laid out his belief the US was heading towards theocratic autocracy, while supporting his belief with facts.

At the very least, Zappa saw that US citizens would lose (by SCOTUS fiat(!)) the right to privacy and to control their lives through family planning.

(And, if you’re truly listening, I suggest you learn more about Peter Thiels’ goals, as he is underwriting Vances’ VP nomination as heir apparent.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/inside-the-new-right-where-peter-thiel-is-placing-his-biggest-bets  )

While Lofton looks like a tool in hindsight, he had every opportunity to explain why he thought Zappa was nuts. Not doing so relegates his counter argument to history’s shitter.

Sure, I’ve labeled @Anastasis a narcissist, and @fattyflattie a psycho, hut I made sure to tell them why, (with receipts.) Just as you claim, Rex, I hope for a discussion. If you, (as well as Ana, Flatty, et al) are posting what you believe and feel, without explanation, then you really have no room to belittle other folks beliefs. Especially @Brisketexan, who does explain why he thinks as he does.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

Exactly. Vance's moneybags mentor, Peter Thiel, said he "no longer believes that freedom and democracy are compatible." In other words, he wants to be able to do whatever he likes without all the baggage of democracy. I have no doubt that's exactly what Trump, Vance, and the rest of them feel.

This is why there is a quiet campaign to keep telling MAGA that the US is not a democracy. The average MAGA person doesn’t understand the consequences but they can parrot the line and they won’t complain when they lose their vote.

and if you don’t believe that MAGA wants to drop democracy, look no further than the Texas gop calling for an end to popular vote for state officials. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 hours ago, Indomitable said:

I think the Secret Service should have in shape officers that know how to handle their weapon.

It's weird I know. 

I’m the opposite, I think any SS detail for trump should struggle with handling their weapon. 

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I’m the opposite, I think any SS detail for trump should struggle with handling their weapon. 

I'm pretty sure private citizens who happen to be running for office aren't getting the best of the best.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Satchel said:

Is DEI now a slur in Maga land?

15 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Now?

15 hours ago, sidis said:

14 hours ago, seven said:

Texags banned "feral" so now they say "the culture" 

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

NOW?  Have you not been paying attention?

IMG_1447.thumb.jpeg.a664c5487575280aaf663fb51a69738b.jpeg

RIP Corey. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

21 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Nah, you're at least 100 lbs overweight with big ole man tits. Uggos are the ones that get obsessed with calling women fat.  You're probably poor too. You'll have to post a picture and a copy of your pay stub to prove otherwise. Don't forget to be standing in front of a tree.  

Fuck you.

21 hours ago, 'stache said:

They act the way they do out of extreme insecurity, because they are full blown weirdos irl. I mean, imagine being genuinely upset about the existence of gay people, drag queens, and trans people. Things that have zero affect on their lives if they want to avoid it, yet it consumes their personalities. Just weird as  fuck hateful people.

Humbly altered.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Dotard went on and on about that guy, like they were best friends. Went over and kissed his clothes. 

To be honest I was surprised a narcissist like Dotard who said POW's were losers would even honor the guy. I assumed he would give a passing mention, or worse yet, not mention at all, because that is who he is.

I know the Fire Chief garners little (if any) sympathy because of his horrible tweets, etc., but at the end of the day he was still an innocent bystander and victim of gun violence, however thick the irony. He and his family didn't deserve his death. As I thought about it, I think the fact that he died by a bullet with Trump's name on it gave Trump a deeper appreciation and "kinship" dare I say, to the guy which is why you got the whole memorial pomp and circumstance.

24 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

To be honest I was surprised a narcissist like Dotard who said POW's were losers would even honor the guy. I assumed he would give a passing mention, or worse yet, not mention at all, because that is who he is.

I know the Fire Chief garners little (if any) sympathy because of his horrible tweets, etc., but at the end of the day he was still an innocent bystander and victim of gun violence, however thick the irony. He and his family didn't deserve his death. As I thought about it, I think the fact that he died by a bullet with Trump's name on it gave Trump a deeper appreciation and "kinship" dare I say, to the guy which is why you got the whole memorial pomp and circumstance.

Erase all of those thoughts.  The truth is much simpler than that.  Every cultish movement needs martyrs to worship.  See, e.g., the elevation of Ashli Babbitt to full heroic martyr status. 

19fac696-43f5-47bb-9ce8-f0fb83e6ff78_tex

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You're going to vote for a guy who called nazis very fine people and there won't be a single Hezbollah flag in the DNC. Get fucked.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1