Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

Just now, bolverk said:

A lot more people would be sympathetic if Trump weren't such an unsympathetic shit-heel. These weirdos don't seem to understand how human relations work. If you're decent to others, they'll be nice to you. Mindblowing information, I realize. Maybe the problem is that all these goobers and goons just need to go back to kindergarten.

they never left. 

12 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Complete embarrassment this person is running the Secret Service. 

Based on what? I’m listening but I’m not live so maybe I’ve missed a bombshell… 
Almost every question so far should be directed to the FBI, not her. It was a bad look when she made it clear there’s no one person that reviews the security plan, but I imagine she inherited that procedure. 

17 minutes ago, bolverk said:

A lot more people would be sympathetic if Trump weren't such an unsympathetic shit-heel. These weirdos don't seem to understand how human relations work. If you're decent to others, they'll be nice to you. Mindblowing information, I realize. Maybe the problem is that all these goobers and goons just need to go back to kindergarten.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Almost every question so far should be directed to the FBI, not her. It was a bad look when she made it clear there’s no one person that reviews the security plan, but I imagine she inherited that procedure. 

If you can’t see it/hear it…I can’t help you.

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

Based on having a vagina. Thats what these people have been harping on since the day of.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Tailgate said:

If you can’t see it/hear it…I can’t help you.

This is a message board man. Take your time and support your position 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Setting aside the complete security failure here, I wish these Republicans would be this outraged after school shootings.

Or Donald Trump sending his goons to the Capitol to kill them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, B00M said:

This is a message board man. Take your time and support your position 

1. She has zero answers to 99.9% of questions of what went down that day. That’s not the FBI’s job. Her job is complete responsibility for everyone assigned to protect the former president/anyone under SS protection.

2. She hasn’t even visited the site.

3. She admitted she didn’t talk to SS detail at the event until 72 hours later.

This was the biggest breach in decades. Please enlighten me as to why you believe she should lead this agency.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

1. She has zero answers to 99.9% of questions of what went down that day. That’s not the FBI’s job. Her job is complete responsibility for everyone assigned to protect the former president/anyone under SS protection.

This was the biggest breach in decades. Please enlighten me as to why you believe she should lead this agency.

What did she do wrong though?

2 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

She’s taken responsibility, but she’s not going to announce her resignation during this hearing. I’d wager she will resign once the investigations conclude. It’s not the director’s job to review security plans so honestly this isn’t her fault, but she must resign for the sake of public trust in the secret service. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, B00M said:

She’s taken responsibility, but she’s not going to announce her resignation during this hearing. I’d wager she will resign once the investigations conclude. It’s not the director’s job to review security plans so honestly this isn’t her fault, but she must resign for the sake of public trust in the secret service. 

Agree with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Harping on the AR15 is so transparently political. It’s embarrassing how both sides are using this to try to score points. We’re lucky he had an iron sighted AR15 instead of a well used hunting rifle.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, B00M said:

Harping on the AR15 is so transparently political. It’s embarrassing how both sides are using this to try to score points. We’re lucky he had an iron sighted AR15 instead of a well used hunting rifle.

He shouldn’t have had the opportunity to own that weapon. No one should. Given Republican gun policy it would’ve served them right if the kid had a bump stock.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He shouldn’t have had the opportunity to own that weapon. No one should. Given Republican gun policy it would’ve served them right if the kid had a bump stock.

It was the father's rifle, but please feel free to continue running your cockwasher when you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Chad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

13 minutes ago, Chad said:

It was the father's rifle, but please feel free to continue running your cockwasher when you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

The father should not have been able to purchase an AR-15. There is that better?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Did she, though? Why is this on her and not on the subordinates?

This whole thing is good, but he gets to your question at 1:33.

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Chad said:

Then he shouldn’t have had access to it. I dunno if you’re aware but there’s a gun control problem in this country. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Then he shouldn’t have had access to it. I dunno if you’re aware but there’s a gun control problem in this country. 

Will the father face charges for failing to secure his firearm? 

Edited by B00M
Genuine question. I think he should.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What exactly did you think she was going to say?

"I don't know until the investigation is completed whether it will call for that, but Yes.  I am absolutely prepared to fire individuals who it is determined to have made critical mistakes."

32 minutes ago, Chad said:

Fucking moron, read what I said. No one should be able to own that weapon. It doesn’t matter that his dad bought the gun.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

"I don't know until the investigation is completed whether it will call for that, but Yes.  I am absolutely prepared to fire individuals who it is determined to have made critical mistakes."

She was in the process of saying something along the lines of that. Seems a little strange to call for firing before she knows the facts.

I'll grant you that he cut her off- so neither of us can know for sure, but I disagree that she was going anywhere near a real answer.  She said, "I'm prepared to take the actions necessary" which is absolutely a non-answer answer.  He didn't ask her if she was planning to fire people. He asked if she was prepared to.  The easy answer is "yes, if I determine..."

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

I'll grant you that he cut her off- so neither of us can know for sure, but I disagree that she was going anywhere near a real answer.  She said, "I'm prepared to take the actions necessary" which is absolutely a non-answer answer.  He didn't ask her if she was planning to fire people. He asked if she was prepared to.  The easy answer is "yes, if I determine..."

Thats grasping at straws.

1 minute ago, Chad said:

The founding fathers had a better idea of what was up than some faggot ass incel soy boy on a message board.

I feel like this is a parody post, but please clarify. 

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

The founding fathers had a better idea of what was up than some faggot ass incel soy boy on a message board.

lol wut? The founding fathers knew about AR15s? You seem smart 

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

This whole thing is good, but he gets to your question at 1:33.

This doesn't really answer my question. Moskowitz was grandstanding with a bunch of hypothetical scenarios, but I still don't know what she needed to have done differently that would have prevented a persistent, dedicated person from accomplishing what Crooks did that day. There's performative "accountability" and then there's a concrete reason why this happened. I'm sure there are concrete reasons, but I'm less sure that any of those concrete reasons have anything to do with Cheatle.

I feel pretty confident that if you look at every person who has had her job title over the past 50 years, the same thing would have happened regardless who was in charge. It's a scary, hard to swallow pill, I know, but the real takeaway here is that we can never truly ensure any person's safety under all circumstances. She was just unlucky enough to be the one behind the wheel when it finally happened. Fortunately (for Trump) it was a superficial injury but unfortunately Crooks was not neutralized before bystanders were killed and injured.

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

No, "we" all did not condemn political violence and it was pointed out here. Only one of the two major parties' presidential candidates at the time, Joe Biden, condemned it. Multiple times. Donald Trump hasn't and likely never will being that is a major attraction for his Rambo fantasy-having base. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

This is a fantastic question.

I think she was the first to criticize the 60 day timeline for the secret service report. In general, AOC stood out as one of the most rational, intelligent people allowed to ask questions … so of course everyone is shocked because fox has managed to convince us all that she’s just a dumb (hot) waitress. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fucking moron, read what I said. No one should be able to own that weapon.

So what weapons are the plebeians allowed to own, sire? 

As much as it might come down to luck, there's an argument that the Secret Service had a successful deterrence in this assassination attempt. A bloody nick to the ear is much better than what we saw with Reagan or JFK. Obviously the death and more serious injuries of this attempt should not be taken lightly even though the Secret Service doesn't take responsibility to protect everyone in close proximity. 

List of attempts

I expected this list to include the shoe throw/dodge incident with GWB but it didn't.

29 minutes ago, B00M said:

I think she was the first to criticize the 60 day timeline for the secret service report. In general, AOC stood out as one of the most rational, intelligent people allowed to ask questions … so of course everyone is shocked because fox has managed to convince us all that she’s just a dumb (hot) waitress. 

She’s not hot?

Posted (edited)

12 members of the committee visited the Butler rally site before the hearing today.

They all got up on the roof. Including a 70 year old, walking around up on the roof of the building the shooter made his attempt from. Dems and GOP members. Rep Crane spoke at the site with them all together nodding their heads that he noticed the water tower either in or just outside the perimeter and he was baffled as to why SS wasn’t on the tower with that kind of view of the rally.

at the end of the day, if this were a fictitious plot of a movie called Bad Day in Butler. I have no doubt that if y’all saw it you’d be on the Movies & TV thread saying the assassination attempt was bullshit. No way someone gets on the roof like that and gets off at least 3 rounds. You’d be saying the plot was crap. Unbelievable. 

the Director has not visited the site. This came out earlier in the questioning. Many of the 12 or so congressmen who went to Butler went hard on her bc wtf? 

Edited by Nicole44