Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

As an armchair patriot whose combat experience doesn't extend far beyond Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, The Thin Red Line and The Pacific

I've seen all of those plus Patton, Tora! Tora! Tora!  and Summer of '42, so I'm more like an officer. 

• Haha 2

https://apnews.com/article/trump-bullet-shrapnel-ronny-jackson-christopher-wray-cb780b9d1a078f0be4191682e75101cf

FBI confirmed Friday that it was indeed a bullet that struck the former president’s ear, moving to clear up conflicting accounts about what caused the former president’s injuries after a gunman opened fire at a Pennsylvania rally.

“What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” the agency said in a statement.
———————

I saw that as I trying to find more footage of the opening ceremony (NBC cut a lot of cool shit apparently.) I know it won’t put to rest stuff bc it just won’t. But I hope that the breakdown in communication and whatever else led to a man losing his life will be revealed (as much as it can) so this shit doesn’t happen again. It says a lot we have not had an attempt since 1981. I hope all the investigations and hearings and Cheatle’s resignation will lead to our candidates being better protected. Thats more important to me. I don’t have to like Trump. I don’t have to like him to say that I think he was hit by a bullet/ or fragment of one and I hope this does NOT ever happen to him or any other political or high profile figure. I pray that the SS will get the resources that need and the manpower they need as well. 

Posted (edited)

The funny thing about this whole thing is how the world just moved on

The sad thing about this whole thing is how the world just moved on

The funniest thing about this whole thing is the man at the top of the group that with every one of these things just spouts shit off like "muh freedom, move on" can't believe that the world just moved on. 

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-bullet-shrapnel-ronny-jackson-christopher-wray-cb780b9d1a078f0be4191682e75101cf

FBI confirmed Friday that it was indeed a bullet that struck the former president’s ear, moving to clear up conflicting accounts about what caused the former president’s injuries after a gunman opened fire at a Pennsylvania rally.

“What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” the agency said in a statement.
———————

I saw that as I trying to find more footage of the opening ceremony (NBC cut a lot of cool shit apparently.) I know it won’t put to rest stuff bc it just won’t. But I hope that the breakdown in communication and whatever else led to a man losing his life will be revealed (as much as it can) so this shit doesn’t happen again. It says a lot we have not had an attempt since 1981. I hope all the investigations and hearings and Cheatle’s resignation will lead to our candidates being better protected. Thats more important to me. I don’t have to like Trump. I don’t have to like him to say that I think he was hit by a bullet/ or fragment of one and I hope this does NOT ever happen to him or any other political or high profile figure. I pray that the SS will get the resources that need and the manpower they need as well. 

He's healed remarkably well for a 78 year old if he really did get shot in the ear and not ever-so-slightly grazed

I can't be sure, but one of the knocks on .223 is that it tumbles on the slightest impact.

If he was more than barely grazed, I tend to think a .223 round would have destroyed his ear and maybe even deflected into his skull.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I can't be sure, but one of the knocks on .223 is that it tumbles on the slightest impact.

The tumbling is a feature more than a bug, actually. It's a designed to prevent over penetration and transfer the most energy possible into the target

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

If he was more than barely grazed, I tend to think a .223 round would have destroyed his ear and maybe even deflected into his skull.

It's possible he got dinged by a rapidly spinning bullet tumbling end over end. Enough to break the skin and scare the ever loving shit out of everyone, but not enough to do even lasting superficial damage. 

It really just is ridiculous that the WWE superstar hall of famer had a botched assassination attempt like this. The way trump went down and got back up with only a small bit of blood is like something you'd see at WrestleMania after someone blades them self to up the ante in the match. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The tumbling is a feature more than a bug, actually. It's a designed to prevent over penetration and transfer the most energy possible into the target

It's possible he got dinged by a rapidly spinning bullet tumbling end over end. Enough to break the skin and scare the ever loving shit out of everyone, but not enough to do even lasting superficial damage. 

It really just is ridiculous that the WWE superstar hall of famer had a botched assassination attempt like this. The way trump went down and got back up with only a small bit of blood is like something you'd see at WrestleMania after someone blades them self to up the ante in the match. 

Yeah, I thought to mention the feature/bug thing.  But, military ammunition is forbidden from expanding or flattening in the human body, so 5.56/.223 is a bit of an end-around there.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

As an armchair patriot whose combat experience doesn't extend far beyond Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, The Thin Red Line and The Pacific, I can confidently say that any soldier wounded thusly in battle would fight on and refuse all treatment.  Donald Trump will probably award himself the Purple Heart if he regains office.

This reminded me of MASH. Frank Burns attempted to get a Purple Heart a couple of times in different episodes for ridiculous reasons.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, sidis said:

it's actually three posts above your original question. the teleprompter appears to be in tact.

at the end of the day, i wish everyone would cut it out with the q-anon level bullshit around this. it wasn't a pr stunt, people died, dipshit was truly in harm's way and regardless of whether it was a bullet graze or a some sort of shrapnel, it really doesn't matter. trump leveraging it and gqp dipshits pretending it's some politically motivated leftist plot to take him out are pathetic, but acting like conspiracy idiots on this just helps keep it in the cycle.

I can agree with all this and still see value in getting Trump et al bent out of shape by suggesting it’s unclear whether it was shrapnel or a bullet.  Because it shouldn’t matter but it does to him so use it to destabilize him. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Seriously, wtf? Old men don’t heal this fast. 

IMG_7329.thumb.jpeg.cea8c8a9706949d9c8230c60531032b4.jpeg

Had a friend at work get shot in the face and ear. This was three weeks after the incident and a plastic surgery to fix the ear shape. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Constant said:

IMG_7329.thumb.jpeg.cea8c8a9706949d9c8230c60531032b4.jpeg

Had a friend at work get shot in the face and ear. This was three weeks after the incident and a plastic surgery to fix the ear shape. 

I sincerely doubt that a 78 year old sack of dog shit like trump would heal that quickly from any sort of procedure or reparative surgery. Plus, this is just two weeks after. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump milking it for all he can. Very presidential. Before too long it'll be the greatest assassination ever, even greater than Lincoln and Kennedy and possibly Reagan. A lot of people are saying it.            What dude? What a weird nutcase. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

because he didn't get fucking shot. i don't care what Jackson or Wray have to say about it. they have already proven they lie to protect him. it's obvious that's what they're doing again. for the millionth time, why? why this man? I may never understand (and please don't bother trying to give me an answer - it's rhetorical). I don't know where the blood came from, but it wasn't from a bullet directly to the dome. come at me

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is the good stuff. Dammit, we deserve one good conspiracy theory. Fake Melania doesn't count. 

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Chatter on twitter says Pete Souza took a hi-res photo of dotards undamaged ear and posted it,  and his account disappeared 

Undamaged, when? 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Can a bullet graze you and do as little damage as these pictures suggest? Like, wouldn't you lose that portion of your ear, even if you're just grazed? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Can a bullet graze you and do as little damage as these pictures suggest? Like, wouldn't you lose that portion of your ear, even if you're just grazed? 

Bullets in flight can do some weird shit.  That said, I think the likelihood is much higher that it would destroy a much larger portion of his ear and/or hit his skull than to just barely graze and do little damage like that.

Whether Trump was grazed by a bullet or not shouldn't be some gotcha talking point.   A deranged shooter got a gun and tried to kill a former president and likely a bunch of other people too.   The talking points around this event should be 100% focused on stricter gun regulations, which the majority of citizens want.

image.png.e2c93928fd7eba221b6e69d9e756f601.png

image.thumb.png.b2840975f30245e17257bbd84f5a92b1.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Whether Trump was grazed by a bullet or not shouldn't be some gotcha talking point.   A deranged shooter got a gun and tried to kill a former president and likely a bunch of other people too.   The talking points around this event should be 100% focused on stricter gun regulations, which the majority of citizens want.

image.png.e2c93928fd7eba221b6e69d9e756f601.png

image.thumb.png.b2840975f30245e17257bbd84f5a92b1.png

Do you not see how the 2 are correlated? 

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

There has to be the perfect trajectory in which minimal damage is done.  Maybe it's non-contact, maybe it's just a teeny tiny clip of the skin, I don't know.  I do know if a bullet passes his head 5 feet away, there's no damage.  If it pierces his ear, major damage.  What's the damage profile in between?  No idea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

This video shows what would happen if a bullet clipped your ear lobe. The shockwave going through the head is so obvious, there's no way a human would react the way Trump did. It has to be debris either from the teleprompter or a bullet fragment. Go to 7:30 for the test footage.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

This video shows what would happen if a bullet clipped your ear lobe. The shockwave going through the head is so obvious, there's no way a human would react the way Trump did. It has to be debris either from the teleprompter or a bullet fragment. Go to 7:30 for the test footage.

This is the video I didn't wanna watch to get put on a list lol. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is the video I didn't wanna watch to get put on a list lol. 

I'm sorry, it's 7:00 for the ear clipping shot, 7:30 is the center of the ear. Either way, they both show significantly more damage to the flesh than what we have seen since that day. It certainly seems like a whole bullet couldn't have done the minor damage we saw. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

The fat cunt didn’t get shot. Is the actual shooter a conspiracy? Probably not. But he absolutely exaggerated his involvement in the incident and used it to his advantage. 

• Hook 'Em 1