Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I bought 0% of the conspiracy theories on Assasination Attempt #1.

This one smells very weird.  No shots fired by the alleged assasin, using a weapon that no sniper would pick, fired on at least twice with no hits, and a quickly busted escape attempt.  Yeah, right.

Add to it perfect patsy, somehow gets a weapon with no serial number, knew where Trump would be when it was not announced, knew the perfect spot, etc.... Oh, and was there 12 hours early, so had to have +14 hours notice he was going to go golfing.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Thomas's opinion in Bruen, looking at Heller and Rahini:

laugh-smile.gif

I'm not engaging in hyperbole when I say that Bruen is the worst-written, worst-reasoned, and worst-applied SCOTUS decision of my lifetime.  It's fucking breathtakingly bad, and then they abused its reasoning even more to reach their pre-decided conclusion, ignoring the very "rule" they had just pronounced.  It's a fucking embarrassment; if someone had turned it in as a law school exam answer, it would get a fucking F.

242979501_4561889953832019_1782259476467

Bruen is, indeed, regarded.

Edited by dcbc

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Man I am not usually a conspiracy theorist but.....gettin kinda weird!

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Start by telling your kids than their grandfather keeps inciting violence BY PEOPLE IN HIS OWN PARTY because he's a racist piece of shit. 

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This one smells very weird.  No shots fired by the alleged assasin, using a weapon that no sniper would pick, fired on at least twice with no hits, and a quickly busted escape attempt.  Yeah, right.

Trump got over a thousand people to storm the Capitol because of bullshit he spews. He constantly spreads conspiracy theories, and constantly ramps up hysteria, and caters to a lot of mentally ill people with his ramblings about stolen elections, etc.

It should be no surprised that he attracts the crazies, because it's arguably what helped him win in 2016.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

So, MTG says the golf trip was a last-minute thing, and not on any schedule.  Assuming that's the case, how the fuck is the SS supposed to secure a fucking golf course on a whim?  How about the fat fuck doesn't go golfing unless he gives the SS 24 hours to get it's shit together security-wise?   

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

With all his last minute “I want to play golf” shit and general disregard for protocols sounds like to me Trump is a soft target.

Quoting myself:  WaPo has a story which I'm unable to link, saying that the SS has shown Trump MULTIPLE photos of him golfing, and told him "if they can photograph you with a zoom lens, they can shoot you with a scoped rifle".  Dotard brushed them off, saying his courses are safe.  In fact, his courses are not safe. They have city streets adjacent to them, and a multitude of other security  issues.  

Obama loved to golf, but almost always golfed on a military base, often in Hawaii, but sometimes at Andrews.  That's MUCH better security wise.  Reagan gave up golf after a nut busted into the course when he was playing and took hostages. Reagan said his love for the game was irrelevant if it endangered others.  After that incident, he only golfed on Annenburg's private course.  

But fucking Dotard don't give a fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

And he was carrying one of those foreign guns...  The AK.   

This one stinks a lot.  

This is my far-fetched conspiracy theory:

-Secret service was monitoring the premises like normal using thermal imaging or whatever other bullshit as they drive around the club
-They see this guy and call back to MAL to report it.
-They tell Trump, and he books it out there for a 'last minute' round of golf, but far enough away where he can't get shot before secret service deals with it.

Is that crazy enough?

Is “assassination attempt on man who attempted to overturn a free and fair election and continually attempts to undermine democracy” a surprising or even negative headline?  The bigger surprise is that there weren’t more publicly known attempts from 2016-2023.

Trump made a comment that Harris’s and Biden’s rhetoric are causing people to try to kill him.  But if their rhetoric is the truth, how can you blame them?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Is “assassination attempt on man who attempted to overturn a free and fair election and continually attempts to undermine democracy” a surprising or even negative headline?  The bigger surprise is that there weren’t more publicly known attempts from 2016-2023.

Trump made a comment that Harris’s and Biden’s rhetoric are causing people to try to kill him.  But if their rhetoric is the truth, how can you blame them?

Democrats always have to be the adults

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

JD Vance's 'tone down the dangerous rhetoric' connecting to the latest assassination attempt comment getting a good bit of main stream press.  

Of course, they fail to see the hypocrisy of dangerous rhetoric that has lead to: Springfield bomb threats, attempt to kill Paul Pelosi, threats to every judge who has been assigned to a Trump case (except the documents case in Florida). 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

JD Vance's 'tone down the dangerous rhetoric' connecting to the latest assassination attempt comment getting a good bit of main stream press.  

Of course, they fail to see the hypocrisy of dangerous rhetoric that has lead to: Springfield bomb threats, attempt to kill Paul Pelosi, threats to every judge who has been assigned to a Trump case (except the documents case in Florida). 

Well, also that the two people that attempted to kill Trump were all about right wing shit. The most recent one voted for him and appeared to be in the Vivek camp most recently. 

18 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

I haven't seen it get any additional press, but I also don't listen to a fucking thing JD Vance has to say. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

There is no conspiracy, this is pretty straight forward, nut job gets gun, decides due to his own self made delusions its a good idea to attempt to kill Presidential candidate, fails, gets caught.  The end.  

Yeah that's the other thing. Literally every president has had this kind of thing happen.

25 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Yeah that's the other thing. Literally every president has had this kind of thing happen.

Certainly there have been several similar failed/aborted attempts on Biden and Harris the last 3+ years. They're generally ignored by media because they're failed/aborted so there's never any real serious threat, plus the media doesn't care about rightwing threats against "the left." The recent near-successful attempt on Trump I guess makes this a little more interesting, but it's getting more coverage than the past few school shootings combined and that's fucking ridiculous.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Certainly there have been several similar failed/aborted attempts on Biden and Harris the last 3+ years. They're generally ignored by media because they're failed/aborted so there's never any real serious threat, plus the media doesn't care about rightwing threats against "the left." The recent near-successful attempt on Trump I guess makes this a little more interesting, but it's getting more coverage than the past few school shootings combined and that's fucking ridiculous.

I think there's something to @Cleo McDowell's theory. It's right out of the narcissist's playbook to orchestrate a sympathy play as a distraction from being held accountable for shitty things they did.

2 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

I see you left off the peaceful protest from Jan 6