Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

I'm not a dotard believer.  In that, you are correct sir.

Doesn't mean everything else is hook, line, and sinker.

i actually don't like the guy and haven't ever.  The fact that there is not a more heartfelt alternative is a problem, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Iceman

@Iceman I asked before and you gave a great answer before people jumped all over you and pestered you with bullshit that wasn’t relevant.

With public school funding facing obstacles with the push for charters, do you have any serious concerns that could stop you from voting for any incumbent Republican in the statehouse? I have an uncle, public school music teacher until full pension and band director from Cypress, that doesn’t seem to get the message

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait, I thought slorch wasn’t voting for dotard. Why is he so upset?  Weird to come out of the woodwork for this thread. Oh I guess he’s just against all the violent rhetoric the Dems say right? 

I haven't voted for Trump since 2016, nor do I plan to going forward.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

@Iceman I asked before and you gave a great answer before people jumped all over you and pestered you with bullshit that wasn’t relevant.

With public school funding facing obstacles with the push for charters, do you have any serious concerns that could stop you from voting for any incumbent Republican in the statehouse? I have an uncle, public school music teacher until full pension and band director from Cypress, that doesn’t seem to get the message

LOL, and I sincerely mean the LOL.

Yes i am am full public school proponent and am in opposition of the voucher bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I'm not a dotard believer.  In that, you are correct sir.

Doesn't mean everything else is hook, line, and sinker.

i actually don't like the guy and haven't ever.  The fact that there is not a more heartfelt alternative is a problem, wouldn't you agree?

There’s a very “heartfelt” alternative in both a presidential and vice presidential candidate right across the aisle in 2024.  Like, extraordinarily so. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I wholeheartedly agree! We should be making it more difficult for people like these to legally get their hands on guns.

I support background checks and making legal gun ownership...well...um...legal.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

There’s a very “heartfelt” alternative in both a presidential and vice presidential candidate right across the aisle in 2024.  Like, extraordinarily so. 

Not really.  they are all shit.  The honest folks avoid politics.

Edited by Iceman
  • Fuck You 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

slorch is still a moron too cowardly to admit he was conned by a political party that never actually stood for the ideals they told him they did. Film at 11.

Which party?  LOLz

Not a Trump Voter.  Now exit the easy answer/ binary bullshitphase...

Edited by Iceman

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

slorch is still a moron too cowardly to admit he was conned by a political party that never actually stood for the ideals they told him they did. Film at 11.

And then he shows up to let everyone know that he's above politics now. Such insight. Such bravery.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

The difference being, Delta guys don't hire publicists. 

Eric Haney. Inside Delta Force. Disowned by the unit. Main reason. There were still active ops.

There are a few others hidden as fiction. Some dudes were pissed with Bowden's book about the operation in Iran. Some real errors. One dude told me he never knew he canceled the mission until he read the book.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

or maybe he shouldn't have to...

Just a thought.

and full disclosure: IDGAF, but should something happen to King Cheeto, it will not be fun, on any level.

I mean, if we had better gun laws he probably wouldn’t have to, but there we are…

also nice to see you getting hammered and yammering borderline incoherently while being the sole steward of your 2 year old grandkid. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait, I thought slorch wasn’t voting for dotard. Why is he so upset?  Weird to come out of the woodwork for this thread. Oh I guess he’s just against all the violent rhetoric the Dems say right? 

If you were stuck in Jersey w a 2 yo and no help you would be drinking heavily as well 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Eric Haney. Inside Delta Force. Disowned by the unit. Main reason. There were still active ops.

There are a few others hidden as fiction. Some dudes were pissed with Bowden's book about the operation in Iran. Some real errors. One dude told me he never knew he canceled the mission until he read the book.

what are your recommendations on some of the better books?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You see to the maga mindset (which is Slorch is at his core) you only support a candidate if you think they’re just the greatest person on earth who will solve all your problems and make the lives of others you don’t like miserable. It’s why they wear the hats and clothes and fly the flags and make it their entire personality. They can’t fathom just wanting someone who’s competent who knows how government works who won’t lie on an hourly basis about objective facts and will be fundamentally boring on a day to day basis once in office. He seriously can’t comprehend that most of us will disagree with some of her policies and approaches but that we support her because she’s by far the better candidate. You see he thinks we literally worship Kamala because that’s how they think it works. The excitement now is that we get to kick a piece of shit to the trash bin of history in a few weeks. In sum, he’s a fucking pea brain idiot attention horse.

He and his ilk resort to the tired trope that they’re so much smarter than anyone else because they don’t think in binary terms when that’s exactly what they do. If a candidate doesn’t check every single box for them, then they’ve determined that candidate not to be worthy. It’s a yes/no for them that always ends up no/no since no one candidate can pass their test. We see it on this board from several posters who are on the far left progressive side, too.

The rest of us look at both candidates and make a determination for which candidate most closely aligns with enough of our interests and vote based on that. It just so happens that in this election we have one candidate that is openly calling to discard the constitution and become a dictator that it becomes a very quick decision to make.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

And on ignore forever.  He offers nothing of value. Never has.

You know, it's like when your mom divorces her second husband, and now you don't have to be social with or see that dude's retarded kids at family dinners or holidays anymore.

We broke up with the Big 12, so I don't have to entertain the retarded kids from Lubbock anymore.  We were never family, we were forced into it.  Mom got remarried and we have new half-wit stepsiblings now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, royiv said:

He and his ilk resort to the tired trope that they’re so much smarter than anyone else because they don’t think in binary terms when that’s exactly what they do. If a candidate doesn’t check every single box for them, then they’ve determined that candidate not to be worthy. It’s a yes/no for them that always ends up no/no since no one candidate can pass their test. We see it on this board from several posters who are on the far left progressive side, too.

The rest of us look at both candidates and make a determination for which candidate most closely aligns with enough of our interests and vote based on that. It just so happens that in this election we have one candidate that is openly calling to discard the constitution and become a dictator that it becomes a very quick decision to make.

He's the "I'm so smart and above it all" guy. Such an arrogant douche.

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So we can't talk about Trump's assassination attempts in the Trump thread, but in the assassination attempt thread we can talk about whatever. Got it. 

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

Also, everything we want is protected by the Constitution and White Jesus.  Everything you want can be outlawed for any reason.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

The question I have is weather I give more fucks about assassination attempts on Trump than Republicans give about actual assassinations of school children.

At this point, given that Trump draws in the crazies, nothing that happens regarding him is surprising, at all.

I'm honestly surprised it's only been a couple of attempts - a bunch of the Qanon people got really pissed off at him for not doing all of the batshit stuff they thought he was giong to do.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

At this point, given that Trump draws in the crazies, nothing that happens regarding him is surprising, at all.

I'm honestly surprised it's only been a couple of attempts - a bunch of the Qanon people got really pissed off at him for not doing all of the batshit stuff they thought he was giong to do.

NPR had a quick piece on political violence in the US. We've always had it (obviously) but the fact that key leaders, like Trump, are stoking it makes this era different. In this, some experts are worried we'll see more of this before (and I'm sure after) the election. And, yes, the term "stochastist terrorism" is used.

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/17/nx-s1-5113997/political-violence-trump

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1