Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

NPR had a quick piece on political violence in the US. We've always had it (obviously) but the fact that key leaders, like Trump, are stoking it makes this era different. In this, some experts are worried we'll see more of this before (and I'm sure after) the election. And, yes, the term "stochastist terrorism" is used.

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/17/nx-s1-5113997/political-violence-trump

I’d bet we see it for another 10 elections.  Our society can’t turn down the candy, once accustomed to it.

Probably 2% of the population have a psychiatric condition that causes violent proclivities. Another 10% have extremist political views of some type. And at least 20% of people are just outright assholes with few if any redeeming qualities. Now there probably is some overlap between these groups, but figure 15% of the US has extremely violent tendencies. With a population of 330M + that’s a problem, especially in a 2 party system where one party is happy to let members of those groups wreak havoc on their behalf

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, royiv said:

He and his ilk resort to the tired trope that they’re so much smarter than anyone else because they don’t think in binary terms when that’s exactly what they do. If a candidate doesn’t check every single box for them, then they’ve determined that candidate not to be worthy. It’s a yes/no for them that always ends up no/no since no one candidate can pass their test. We see it on this board from several posters who are on the far left progressive side, too.

The rest of us look at both candidates and make a determination for which candidate most closely aligns with enough of our interests and vote based on that. It just so happens that in this election we have one candidate that is openly calling to discard the constitution and become a dictator that it becomes a very quick decision to make.

well-there-it-is.gif

I mean ... it really is just that simple.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If you are a president or ex-president, the “shouldn’t have to” is WAY out the window. You’re a magnet for nutbars bent on assassination. Has nothing to do with a political angle, and everything to do with nutbars (which is nothing new - nutbar crackpot after crackpot has plotted or attempted such shit as to EVERY President and ex-president). It’s why smart presidents only golf at secure courses and such - you simply can’t demand that your security detail secure an unsecurable location. It’s a price every POTUS has paid; you give up a certain amount of your freedom, forever.
Every other POTUS got that. This dipshit still doesn’t. Because he’s the most self-absorbed human to ever walk the earth.

Counterpoint, dotard is the only former president that gets the loons taking shots at him. 

20 hours ago, Iceman said:

I'm not a dotard believer.  In that, you are correct sir.

Doesn't mean everything else is hook, line, and sinker.

i actually don't like the guy and haven't ever.  The fact that there is not a more heartfelt alternative is a problem, wouldn't you agree?

The fact you can’t open your eyes and see there is a very legit alternative is a you problem, we all agree. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Probably 2% of the population have a psychiatric condition that causes violent proclivities. Another 10% have extremist political views of some type. And at least 20% of people are just outright assholes with few if any redeeming qualities. Now there probably is some overlap between these groups, but figure 15% of the US has extremely violent tendencies. With a population of 330M + that’s a problem, especially in a 2 party system where one party is happy to let members of those groups wreak havoc on their behalf

undateable-seinfeld.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

what are your recommendations on some of the better books?

Spoke with someone who was in the unit early on and then in support from other groups for about 14 years total. Said he cannot think of one from that era since they were not written. Mentioned Dalton Fury's books have a good reputation for Iraq/Afghan ops, but since he was not there does not know for sure and has not read all of them. Back to the discussion.

Glad Trump was missed. Hope he loses the election. And one r eason I hope he was missed is the backlash across the nation. When Reagan was shot no one started calling for Civil Wars and political retribution.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm honestly surprised it's only been a couple of attempts - a bunch of the Qanon people got really pissed off at him for not doing all of the batshit stuff they thought he was giong to do.

Live by the tard, die by the tard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m *shocked* slorch hasn’t been back today to defend his positions. Is almost like he didn’t even remember posting here last night and slept away much of the day. 

Maybe an insane immigrant took him out while he was in the crime riddled big city?

14 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

I’d bet we see it for another 10 elections.  Our society can’t turn down the candy, once accustomed to it.

What I'll be shocked by is if the Supreme Court Justices don't become targets. How long until the loons realize if you really want to make a difference the best way is to take out Republican/Trump appointed Justices if Kamala wins? Or vice versa. Republicans opened a dangerous can of worms allowing this rhetoric. 

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

What I'll be shocked by is if the Supreme Court Justices don't become targets. How long until the loons realize if you really want to make a difference the best way is to take out Republican/Trump appointed Justices if Kamala wins? Or vice versa. Republicans opened a dangerous can of worms allowing this rhetoric. 

spacer.png