Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

Yeah, it is starting to sound like it was real ammo fired from a fixed position.  Not just some close-up air gun all willy-nilly style.  got a long week of bullshit ahead of us.  

But I remember how distraught so many of you were when James Garfield was shot and some Americans were happy about it.  I know that must have been terribly painful for some of you.  

2 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

This is one of those moments in American history where you know things have changed forever but just don't know what exactly has changed. God help us. 

image.gif.be52fb733e1528763386b85c84d66b58.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Lester Holt just said the shooter was firing from outside the perimeter in an elevated position. How the hell could that have happened? What is the secret service doing?

Lester Holt ?  Seriously?  I’d Dan Rather but…. This whole timeline is just nuts.  

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It just doesn't fit at all with my mental model of the SS or trump - a supposedly tactically competent bodyguards failing to protect a famous coward, who stands back up to face an unseen sniper? Wtf is going on?

It does beg some questions.

Either this is a legit assassination attempt, or it's something bizarre and in a weird way maybe even worse.

This feels like a bad turning point.

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This is either gross negligence or something much, much worse.

This is the wild shit I'm talking about. It takes effort to fuck up this profoundly 

this is so on point for the Sim. Next up is the grandstanding on how violence is how the left will intimidate you, steal your vote, and will kill you if Biden wins. I am just curious about good the acting comes off.

I'm out. my brain can't take this soap opera of stupidity. Ya'll homies fight the good fight, whatever that looks like. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I really don't have much sadness that when someone who constantly cracks up the rhetoric and when a group of people respond to that in the way MAGA has, when that comes home to roost...

I just don't want to have to prep for a civil war

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Rip76 said:

Like Kennedy and Reagan?

Did Kennedy or Reagan mock political opponents for getting beat with a hammer? Did they say if they didn’t get elected, the country will cease to exist?

maybe think before posting 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Did Kennedy or Reagan mock political opponents for getting beat with a hammer? Did they say if they didn’t get elected, the country will cease to exist?

maybe think before posting 

That goes both ways, chief. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, staboner said:

this is so on point for the Sim. Next up is the grandstanding on how violence is how the left will intimidate you, steal your vote, and will kill you if Biden wins. I am just curious about good the acting comes off.

I'm out. my brain can't take this soap opera of stupidity. Ya'll homies fight the good fight, whatever that looks like. 

Nukes?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is someone actually dead?  My first thought was it’s a work. 

Yes, a bystander and a 2nd person is in critical condition. 

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The false flag shit doesn’t make any sense.  Biden administration will be investigating it.   His SS and local police was just inept.  Speaks to the SS members that are on his detail. 

so he continues to be surrounded by incompetent dummies. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is someone actually dead?  My first thought was it’s a work. 

It is appearing more and more to have been a shoot 

Edited by Captainant
Edit: no pun intended. Wrestling lingo

Objectively,

Law Enforcement let a man with a rifle get off a free shot at the person most likely, or second most likely, to be the next president of the USA.

That man got off at least one shot and missed by what, an inch?

This is a big fucking deal in many directions.

1.  Law enforcement failure.  Plain and simple.  You don’t put this person somewhere where people can take rifle shots at them.

2. Threat to peaceful transfer of power in USA.  Like him or not, we decide leaders at ballot box, not with violence.

3.  Potentially a trigger for other bad behavior?  Someone out there is angry and thinking about revenge.

4.  Message to our allies and enemies?  They’re always watching.

Things like this change the course of history.  Does Trump emerge a sympathetic person to some voters?

Does this affect him mentally?

Does this limit future rallies?

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

100% this.

I'm still processing it, as we all are, but anybody celebrating this is an idiot and an asshole.  Somebody just took a shot at a former president.

People are celebrating a failed attempt? I haven't seen it but can't imagine why anyone would be happy about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So how does it work?  By reports (which I realize can change) suspected shooter is on roof 150ish yards away that isn't being covered with boots on the ground and within a matter of seconds he is taken down?  So does SS have snipers covering said roof and if so wouldn't they have seen somebody up there before shots get fired?  If no snipers and no boots on ground on roof how does somebody get taken down that fast?  

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, staboner said:

You been out since moving to panda land, no? 

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

So how does it work?  By reports (which I realize can change) suspected shooter is on roof 150ish yards away that isn't being covered with boots on the ground and within a matter of seconds he is taken down?  So does SS have snipers covering said roof and if so wouldn't they have seen somebody up there before shots get fired?  If no snipers and no boots on ground on roof how does somebody get taken down that fast?  

The former UN guy at the rally also said he saw barrel smoke. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Teleprompter behind him?

No, in front of him to the right. He had no glass protecting him. We may find out it was a pair of glasses from the person who got shot that went off towards his ear. 

Edited by mdmost