RIP Shannen Doherty

Big one for me.  These people are all my age. She along with Jennie Garth made me have to take a sports walk.

This is a hell of a 3 bedroom apartment with Richard Simmons and Dr. Ruth joining her this weekend.

image.thumb.jpeg.d415fffeb28974932fc404f31463b996.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Joining Dylan and Peach Pit Nat beyond the pearly gates

And Dean Cain's career.

90210 was a guilty pleasure of mine. Sad to think that two of the stars from that show are already gone. RIP. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Her 11 year cancer fight was remarkable and one of hope and grit that was basically ignored by Hollywood and media.

to be fair, she was a huuuuuge cunt to everyone without the resume to Justify it 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

to be fair, she was a huuuuuge cunt to everyone without the resume to Justify it 

Was she?  Or did she just play one on TV?  I was thinking back on why I didn't like her much, and I think I conflated her with her characters.  I don't remember, though.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Was she?  Or did she just play one on TV?  I was thinking back on why I didn't like her much, and I think I conflated her with her characters.  I don't remember, though.

Everyone on 90210 hated her.  I forget the details.

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A little CR trying to sneak in. 

How is that CR?  Also, it was pretty widely covered.  It just went on for a long time.

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Everyone on 90210 hated her.  I forget the details.

How is that CR?  Also, it was pretty widely covered.  It just went on for a long time.

A dull-minded, unsupported blanket statement condemning Hollywood and the media is one clue. Doherty was outspoken about her political leanings. The math seems pretty easy.

I was wanting to deter CR rather than encourage it. The above is all I'll have to say. 

Written without rancor.

The issues of “difficult actresses” is real and was evident long before MeToo. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person or reject some shitbag on the casting couch and you might get your career wrecked. She was a mess back in the day but Hollywood pr is full of bullshit. She was 53.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

The issues of “difficult actresses” is real and was evident long before MeToo. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person or reject some shitbag on the casting couch and you might get your career wrecked. She was a mess back in the day but Hollywood pr is full of bullshit. She was 53.

huge mental illness issues 

I always thought Shannen was hot as balls.  She was so not a classic Hollywood "10", and I think that helped.  I know nothing about her working relationships, and couldn't care less. RIP, ma'am.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I always thought Shannen was hot as balls.  She was so not a classic Hollywood "10", and I think that helped.  I know nothing about her working relationships, and couldn't care less. RIP, ma'am.

solid 6

11 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Joining Dylan and Peach Pit Nat beyond the pearly gates. RIP Brenda. I'll assume Andrea Zuckerman will be next since she was 62 when the show was filmed. 

It has been a packed weekend for celebrity deaths/near misses.  Besides Shannon,

Richard Simmons 

Dr Ruth

Shelley Duvall

Benji Gregory (Brian Tanner, ALF's best friend). 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know nothing about any of this. I didn't even know Doherty had a reputation for being difficult.

But this just popped up on my Twitter feed today. It seems like Alyssa Milano was the difficult one on their show. It's telling that the other two actresses stand by Doherty.

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is where I am.  I had a major thing for her in her 90210 days.

And then Melrose Place came on the air, and I moved on from Shannen once Heather Locklear came back onto my radar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would have fucked her someplace very uncomfortable, like the back of a Volkswagen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:46 AM, RomaVicta said:

Beautiful, difficult, maybe a little nuts. I hate to see this happen. I hope it all went as well as it could. RIP

In retrospect, I've learned that any actress tagged as "difficult to work with" during the 90s basically means that she refused to let the director/producer molest her. Maybe that's the case here, maybe not.

Anyway, always thought she was hot, even after my good friend pointed out that one of her eyes was a full inch higher than the other, which I can't un-see now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rage-a-holic said:

Holly Marie Combs was my jam. She looked like a chick from HP I dated when I was 20.

CHARMED* "PIPER" (Holly Marie Combs) 8x10 Glossy Print *c* | eBay

When a girl like this is the third-hottest chica in the cast, that's how you know the casting director had an eye for talent.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

There's truth to what you say, but she alienated cast mates at every turn. Still, I hate speaking ill of someone who was put through so much. 

Just saying that all the things we thought we knew get put into a new light after #metoo.

Might not be true in her specific case, but it's been true in too many other cases.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Just saying that all the things we thought we knew get put into a new light after #metoo.

Might not be true in her specific case, but it's been true in too many other cases.

Couldn't agree more. That she alienated cast mates is irrelevant to the sad probabilities of sexual harrassment and outright assault. 

Me Too opened the hell out of my eyes. It's hard to say you're a civilized country if 1 of 4 women will undergo some form of sexual assault. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

When a girl like this is the third-hottest chica in the cast, that's how you know the casting director had an eye for talent.

Yeah, not sure about your math there. Shannen was always 3rd string (until she got replaced by Rose McGowan).