1:50 p.m. ET: Florida head coach Billy Napier and players

3:20 p.m. ET: Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and players

Thursday, July 18

10:35 a.m. ET: Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman and players

12:05 p.m. ET: Texas A&M head coach Mike Elko

2:05 p.m. ET: Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze and players

3:25 p.m. ET: Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops and players

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Kirk Bohls question to Sankey paraphrased: Texas liked to think it ran things in the Big12. How do you feel about that with them joining the SEC?

Good grief.

I really really hope that CDC honestly tells Kirk to go pound sand every opportunity he gets now.   who the fuck cares if he pisses off the Chronicle...  yeah I know there are a fuckton  of Tex-ex in Houston and the surrounding area, but that paper has been taken over by the stoopids from college station since a certain gold 1979 Trans-Am started driving around the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Very happy to have this guy at the top of our new conference. 

aggy already thinks Sankey ceded authority to the durned sips. 

21 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Kirk Bohls question to Sankey paraphrased: Texas liked to think it ran things in the Big12. How do you feel about that with them joining the SEC?

Good grief.

Didn't this fucker retire?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Good grief.

the naked gun facepalm GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Didn't this fucker retire?

he fucking pulled a switch-a-roo

resigned from AAS  (and there was much rejoicing)

6am next morning its revealed hes been hired by the Chronicle and still somehow going to be allowed to keep the UT beat (and presumably his AP vote), except now hes working for a fucking newspaper that hates UT more than life itself. 

yeah... thats a fucking horribad combo, which is why I just want CDC to block Kirk  from doing anything with UT other than what his press credentials allow.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Such bullshit. I thought this conference was supposed to kiss our ass now /sarcasm

This is fake news. Next year's will be in College Station to try to keep the aggys from moving to the Big 10.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

he fucking pulled a switch-a-roo

resigned from AAS  (and there was much rejoicing)

6am next morning its revealed hes been hired by the Chronicle and still somehow going to be allowed to keep the UT beat (and presumably his AP vote), except now hes working for a fucking newspaper that hates UT more than life itself. 

yeah... thats a fucking horribad combo, which is why I just want CDC to block Kirk  from doing anything with UT other than what his press credentials allow.

Well at least he is no longer representing UT's hometown newspaper anymore.

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Good grief.

How in the world has nobody kicked the ever-loving shit out of this cumstain yet?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

How in the world has nobody kicked the ever-loving shit out of this cumstain yet?

My father used to call our local newspaper the weekly wiper. Same applies to anything shithead Bohls. writes iin the past, present and future.

Also if if becomes necessary for Texas to run shit I imagine they certainly will. I'm reminded of when the regents damn near cornered the gold market and told the caretakers in New York City  they didn't want just the certificates of  ownership. They actually wanted the fucking gold bars.

NYC firm laughed it off until a few armored trucks showed up from Austin

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Good grief.

5hhsbf.gif

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Starts today…

July 15

10 a.m. ET: Commissioner Greg Sankey discusses state of the conference

11 a.m. ET: LSU head coach Brian Kelly and players

12:35 p.m. ET: South Carolina head coach Shane Beamer and players

2:50 p.m. ET: Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin and players

4:20 p.m. ET: Vanderbilt head coach Clark Lea and players

Tuesday, July 16

10:05 a.m. ET: Georgia head coach Kirby Smart and players

11:45 a.m. ET: Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel and players

1:50 p.m. ET: Oklahoma head coach Brent Venables and players

3:20 p.m. ET: Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz and players

Wednesday, July 17

10:05 a.m. ET: Alabama head coach Kalen DeBoer and players

11:35 a.m. ET: Mississippi State head coach Jeff Lebby and players

1:50 p.m. ET: Florida head coach Billy Napier and players

3:20 p.m. ET: Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and players

Thursday, July 18

10:35 a.m. ET: Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman and players

12:05 p.m. ET: Texas A&M head coach Mike Elko

2:05 p.m. ET: Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze and players

3:25 p.m. ET: Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops and players

So it’s a done by lunch, done by lunch, full day, who gives a shit, kind of week. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I really really hope that CDC honestly tells Kirk to go pound sand every opportunity he gets now.   who the fuck cares if he pisses off the Chronicle...  yeah I know there are a fuckton  of Tex-ex in Houston and the surrounding area, but that paper has been taken over by the stoopids from college station since a certain gold 1979 Trans-Am started driving around the state of Texas.

Kirk is senile….give him a little space!

My father used to call our local newspaper the weekly wiper. Same applies to anything shithead Bohls. writes iin the past, present and future.
Also if if becomes necessary for Texas to run shit I imagine they certainly will. I'm reminded of when the regents damn near cornered the gold market and told the caretakers in New York City  they didn't want just the certificates of  ownership. They actually wanted the fucking gold bars.
NYC firm laughed it off until a few armored trucks showed up from Austin

Is that true? Never heard it

Sark and CDC, as well as JB, just need to tell Kirk to fuck off. He’ll get the media release on game day just like the others. Facts and stats only for Bohls going forward. Anything beyond that is for our good graces. VY would approve!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

Is that true? Never heard it

6,643 gold bars bought for an average price of something like $1150/oz

no idea if they kept it all or sold some. 

its gone down and up since then, but today its  at ~$2400.  

assuming those gold bars were the standard size/weight for trading they weigh 12.4kilo each.  spot gold right now says a kilo of gold is $77,445.

that times 12.4 times 6,643 comes up as $6.38B

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Every year, like clockwork, some media jackwagon asks the head of officiating to comment on Horns Down and taunting. And when the given answer is aggregated everywhere the story becomes “why is Texas so soft?”. 

For SEC'ers new to Surly, here're two things about "Horns Down" that you probably don't know:

1. People who do that are only showing that they've never been in a real-life situation where a Longhorn shows its horns down. If that happens to you, you'd best be either on the other side of the fence already, or close enough to get over it before that Longhorn gets to you. Ask UGA. UGA knows.

2. We live in your head, RENT FREE!

• Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Texas is soft and yet Texas is so powerful it has ruined 3 conferences.

People hate Texas and yet Texas is able to control the media and bend it to its will.

The SEC is a grind where even the worst teams are rolling balls of butcher knives and yet Texas' 2024 SEC schedule is soft.

And so on.

No, our schedule is favorable because the SEC is bowing down to us /s. I've seen people cry that we aren't playing Alabama or LSU the next 2 years. Never mind we just had a home and home with Alabama and one game with LSU as the other got cancelled by Covid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, our schedule is favorable because the SEC is bowing down to us /s. I've seen people cry that we aren't playing Alabama or LSU the next 2 years. Never mind we just had a home and home with Alabama and one game with LSU as the other got cancelled by Covid. 

And, you know, the Horns ARE playing Georgia, who most are picking as the favorite to win both the SEC and the NC.  But, soft schedule, soft fans, repeat ad infinitum.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

So it’s a done by lunch, done by lunch, full day, who gives a shit, kind of week. 

It's funny, but in any meeting agenda, large internal corporate or client facing video, the right plan is address the import/interesting items up top and put the secondary/less important items later.

That agenda is right in line.

Oh while I'm typing, fuck Kirk Bohls.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Every year, like clockwork, some media jackwagon asks the head of officiating to comment on Horns Down and taunting. And when the given answer is aggregated everywhere the story becomes “why is Texas so soft?”. 

It just means "fuck you Texas". And we are going to get it in the stands all game, every game, against everybody.

It only gets annoying if the opposing team and coaches are allowed to do that and our team cannot retaliate without drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct flag. And if both teams going "fuck you" in various forms throughout the game isn't taunting an opponent I am not sure what is. But hey I don't make the rules.

Just make it clear what we and our team are allowed to do when the other team does "horns down" and fine we can live with that. The previous situation where they can do that freely but anything we do in response may or may not give us a 15 yard penalty on some arbitrary basis is not acceptable.

Edited by Valmy77

Posted (edited)

I don't think taunting rules should exist.  Football players aren't fragile babies, they can handle it.

But as long as taunting rules exist, then horns-down is a taunt, just the same as a throat-slash gesture or standing over a player or anything else that's been deemed against the rules of taunting in college football over the past 3 decades.

This isn't difficult.  If fans do it, that's not taunting.  If opposing players and coaches are doing it among themselves over on their own sideline, it's not taunting.

If someone does it aimed directly at a a Texas player, then of course it's taunting. Same as any number of other gestures or actions whose sole purpose is to taunt your opponent.   Only stupid people don't understand this. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 4

You know who does “horns down?”:

C51DEF0B-6027-4C83-AD33-84779C0D888A.thumb.jpeg.4fd3a4a6b518da3ed626666bdf7229fe.jpeg

Just own the fucking thing. As noted above, it represents a pissed off longhorn. If Sark were to attend a rally and say something like, “Thanks to everyone for reminding us what an angry longhorn looks like” and flashed it, it takes away any perceived power. Of course, CDC probably likes the cut from decal sales from moron sooner and aggy fans.

• Hook 'Em 8

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't think taunting rules should exist.  Football players aren't fragile babies, they can handle it.

But as long as taunting rules exist, then horns-down is a taunt, just the same as a throat-slash gesture or standing over a player or anything else that's been deemed against the rules of taunting in college football over the past 3 decades.

This isn't difficult.  If fans do it, that's not taunting.  If opposing players and coaches are doing it among themselves over on their own sideline, it's not taunting.

If someone does it aimed directly at a a Texas player, then of course it's taunting. Same as any number of other gestures or actions whose sole purpose is to taunt your opponent.   Only stupid people don't understand this. 

Taunting rules exist because if they didn't the games would turn into teams trying to injure each other and end in a giant fight.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Watched College Football Live yesterday with Greg McElroy. That guy's a bigger Longhorn hater than Bowels. Really salty about UT punking his team last year. Didn't miss a chance to get a dig in.

He's balding too and has that stupid wispy hair sticking up look to try and hang on. Fuck that guy. He's on my top 5 list of people I'm allowed to throat punch if I ever see them without my wife getting mad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Watched College Football Live yesterday with Greg McElroy. That guy's a bigger Longhorn hater than Bowels. Really salty about UT punking his team last year. Didn't miss a chance to get a dig in.

He's balding too and has that stupid wispy hair sticking up look to try and hang on. Fuck that guy. He's on my top 5 list of people I'm allowed to throat punch if I ever see them without my wife getting mad.

I'd like to hear more about your throat punch list

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

I'd like to hear more about your throat punch list

It's in lieu of the normal, well-adjusted person's 5 celebrities I get to sleep with list. I obviously have issues.

Kirk Herbdouche is on it. Also Baker Maydouche.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

It's in lieu of the normal, well-adjusted person's 5 celebrities I get to sleep with list. I obviously have issues.

Kirk Herbdouche is on it. Also Baker Maydouche.

Solid so far, who are the final 2?

25 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Watched College Football Live yesterday with Greg McElroy. That guy's a bigger Longhorn hater than Bowels.

He's really not. He's on the Ticket here in Dallas every week during the season and is constantly talking up Texas and Sark. The one thing he dislikes about our fanbase is the "we would've beaten Alabama if Colt hadn't gotten hurt" talk. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, mdmost said:

He's really not. He's on the Ticket here in Dallas every week during the season and is constantly talking up Texas and Sark. The one thing he dislikes about our fanbase is the "we would've beaten Alabama if Colt hadn't gotten hurt" talk. 

Well our fanbase is obviously correct, so he can go fuck himself.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2