SEC Media Days

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

He's really not. He's on the Ticket here in Dallas every week during the season and is constantly talking up Texas and Sark. The one thing he dislikes about our fanbase is the "we would've beaten Alabama if Colt hadn't gotten hurt" talk. 

i mean... yeah... we were one idiotic  end of half shuffle pass away from having the ball with 3 mins left in the game and UP 4 points.   (yeah I know, they would have had to go for it on 4th rather than punt to us)

28 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I didn't see the show, but historically McElroy is a pretty big Horns fan.  He's usually very complimentary and knowledgeable about the team.

Correct.

Solid color analyst as well. Knows the game well. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/15/2024 at 10:15 AM, TexEx15 said:

Kirk Bohls question to Sankey paraphrased: Texas liked to think it ran things in the Big12. How do you feel about that with them joining the SEC?

Good grief.

Sankey's response:

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Davis Lane said:

Sankey's response:

Wow, CDC needs to do whatever necessary to freeze this guy out of the program. How can he be covering UT and be such an ass like that?  Might as well let Looch ask that question. 

Yesterday McElroy couldn't say enough about how much more accomplished blowu is than UT and why is everyone talking about UT entering the league and not them? He picked the under on our wins, saying every week would be a meat grinder, we'd lose trap games blah, blah, blah. UT won't run anything yada, yada, yada...

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

It just means "fuck you Texas". And we are going to get it in the stands all game, every game, against everybody.

It only gets annoying if the opposing team and coaches are allowed to do that and our team cannot retaliate without drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct flag. And if both teams going "fuck you" in various forms throughout the game isn't taunting an opponent I am not sure what is. But hey I don't make the rules.

Just make it clear what we and our team are allowed to do when the other team does "horns down" and fine we can live with that. The previous situation where they can do that freely but anything we do in response may or may not give us a 15 yard penalty on some arbitrary basis is not acceptable.

You would be talking to a bunch of SEC deaf mute waterheads while trying to explain the logic of the reasoning behind it all. 
Remember, those redneck retards believe everything aggy has spewed about Texas since 2012.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

We can't compete like Aggy. We aren't a respected part of the SEC fabric, or beloved the way Aggy is. They have owned the SEC since their entry. They have defined winning, spirit, and have the most welcoming fanbase. They have made financial decisions that programs can only look on in envy, like locking in a coach no-one else wanted with a $78M buyout.

Plus, they have the traditions all other schools are envious of. 

5451935015816993477-189070927-06-05-2024

7041412156257902520-3669129745-03-05-202

9115240988128680110-4147444693-25-04-202

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

We can't compete like Aggy. We aren't a respected part of the SEC fabric, or beloved the way Aggy is. They have owned the SEC since their entry. They have defined winning, spirit, and have the most welcoming fanbase. They have made financial decisions that programs can only look on in envy, like locking in a coach no-one else wanted with a $78M buyout.

Plus, they have the traditions all other schools are envious of. 

5451935015816993477-189070927-06-05-2024

7041412156257902520-3669129745-03-05-202

9115240988128680110-4147444693-25-04-202

Fuck the AI bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

To any uneducated Southeasterners reading this, here is what started the false narrative that UT whined about Horns down:

Nov 5, 2012 – The Dallas Morning News

Mack Brown today was asked about wideout Mike Davis being flagged for doing the ‘guns down’ — the flip of Texas Tech’s ‘guns up’ hand symbol. Davis holstered the guns after scoring a touchdown and was charged with unsportsmanlike conduct, forcing the Longhorns to kick the ball off 15 yards back.

Brown said he understood the call and got onto Davis about it. But he doesn’t think it’s fair his players get flagged for such taunting but opposing players are never penalized for doing the ‘Horns down sign.

The media and ignorant opposing fanbases like to turn this into an erroneous story about UT being soft. But the truth is pretty fucking simple: Don't penalize our team for doing things other teams get away with.

Thanks for that. Getting harder to find this history (thanks, AI!). Here's an additional video link, and the discussion below it is good (includes showing where it happened -- in the 40th minute).

https://www.reddit.com/r/LonghornNation/comments/xito2m/the_mike_davis_penalty_that_started_the_hornsdown/

Edited by Hayduke
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Have they asked him why he expects to just come in and dominate the SEC, and also have they asked him why he and all Texas fans whine so much about horns-down and insist that it should be an automatic ejection and loss of down?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sark sounded great. Looking forward to this year. I hope by replacing the Iowa States of the world with Arkansas we don’t deal with the frustrating dips in performance where we play down to our competition but instead stay sharp throughout the season.

52 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Have they asked him why he expects to just come in and dominate the SEC, and also have they asked him why he and all Texas fans whine so much about horns-down and insist that it should be an automatic ejection and loss of down?

Super journalist, Kurt Bowels, will ask these questions and more!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mr. sunshine said:

Listening to Sark speak reminds me that every coach we've had since Royal was a complete and utter mental regard

Except Sark of course.

I've now quoted myself. I assume this is part of the multiverse

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch this thing, and I gotta say this is the best representation we could possibly hope for. Sark, Jadahe, Kelvin, Quinn...all top notch UT ambassadors.

No arrogance or showboating, just tons of confidence.

• Hook 'Em 5

33 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I wish all Texas players and coaches would act like Kurt Bowels was invisible/inaudible and just act like they didn’t even hear a question from his dumb ass. 

What dumbassery thing did he ask today?

17 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

What dumbassery thing did he ask today?

Click the video on post #55. The video is queued up with Kurt's dumbassery.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 2:44 PM, Davis Lane said:

Sankey's response:

"Texas liked to think it ran things in the Big XII..."

Oh really, Kurt? Is that so? Prove your assertion, you dumbass piece of shit whiny cunt.

I'd love to see him try to ask CDC that question.

Fucking douchebag.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Like 3

Bohls had lost meaningful contacts in the UT AD by the ‘00s. He made it clear that Bill Byrne was his primary source for Big XII reporting, while Byrne was AD at TAMU. 

I think it’s clear now that his primary source for UT news is his old AAS coworker, Olin Buchanan. 

20 minutes ago, statsman said:

Bohls had lost meaningful contacts in the UT AD by the ‘00s...   I think it’s clear now that his primary source for UT news is his old AAS coworker, Olin Buchanan

Yeah, and "aggy Olin" is buddies w/Golden

6p5vqd.gif

• Hook 'Em 2