Republican Convention - "mill-e-wah-que"

tx 3 putt

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Actually, I think it would help a ton. Think about it, servers get a lower hourly wage because of tips. I am sure servers are seeing a reduction in tips because people are getting pinched by the costs of going out to eat (which is bullshit if you can’t afford to tip don’t go out to eat). Most people put tips on cards now so you can’t get away with not reporting it. It would help a lot dude.

So, they can't commit tax fraud, so let's eliminate the tax.   Makes sense.

Edited by Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We didn’t need the stimulus in 2021. That’s what set off the inflation going nuts. 

You need to read more about economics. If Biden was a part of it so was Trump but more importantly it was the vulnerability in inventory systems from “just in time” profit motivations leaving supply chains fucked when radical shifts occurred in both production and demand. There were flaws in the shipping industry and trucking industry too that exacerbated supply and demand. Fed slow response was a factor too. And stimulus was a factor but it was brewing from the summer after Covid through the end of lock downs from all of the above. And that’s why I don’t really think is appropriate to blame a president. But to say not trump his stimulus was perfect and all Biden is just moronic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I believe that the borders need to be secured and they need to be secured yesterday. No, I don’t believe in mass deportation

I don’t have to agree with everything that they say or do, and I hope you don’t agree with everything the left does either.

But really though, how does this have anything to do with how you live your life? You don't have to buy into a party's entire platform 100%, but this is the only issue you've named after making a point to note you are a Republican. So if you're not into "Mass Deportation Now!" but the GOP's stance on immigration is what is driving your vote, what do you believe? Presumably the bill passed by the Democratic Senate and supported by President Biden after negotiations with Republicans and was only killed because Trump said he wanted to run on the issue did not go far enough, so what would?

I'm really not here to fling shit at you, all my "fighting with strangers on the internet" energy is saved for Democratic dysfunction and people that think Jake Majors might get benched. But you're the one who made a point to twist yourself into a pretzel here. Just think is all I'm saying.

• Hook 'Em 2

200.gif
Ahhh, securing the border. I remember a plan being devised where the Republicans got everything they asked for, but it was shut down because the... (checks notes)... Republicans didn't want Biden to have an accomplishment.

Come on, man. I was once where you are... it'll be okay to change, and you'll not have to defend so much bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Is it just me or when we were kids that the conventions mostly ended around 9:30 or 10 with about half an hour of commentary? Maybe I am remembering that wrong. 

He’s a rambling wreck. When he’s looking straight ahead he’s off script. 

• Hook 'Em 2

"The foreigner among you must be treated as your native-born.  Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt.  I am the Lord your God."

Leviticus 19:34

"We're going to start the largest deportation program in the history of this country"

Donald Trump, to wild applause from so-called Christians

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, troph said:

You need to read more about economics. If Biden was a part of it so was Trump but more importantly it was the vulnerability in inventory systems from “just in time” profit motivations leaving supply chains fucked when radical shifts occurred in both production and demand. There were flaws in the shipping industry and trucking industry too that exacerbated supply and demand. Fed slow response was a factor too. And stimulus was a factor but it was brewing from the summer after Covid through the end of lock downs from all of the above. And that’s why I don’t really think is appropriate to blame a president. But to say not trump his stimulus was perfect and all Biden is just moronic. 

Forget talking to that moron.  Everybody had inflation.  Ours was better than everybody else. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Actually, I think it would help a ton. Think about it, servers get a lower hourly wage because of tips. I am sure servers are seeing a reduction in tips because people are getting pinched by the costs of going out to eat (which is bullshit if you can’t afford to tip don’t go out to eat). Most people put tips on cards now so you can’t get away with not reporting it. It would help a lot dude.

Your take is stupid. Think through not taxing tips logically and explain how a waiter that makes $40k should pay less tax than an office worker making $40k.

Just now, troph said:

He’s a rambling wreck. When he’s looking straight ahead he’s off script. 

I was already exhausted after the last 24 hours I have personally had but this is working better than melatonin. I just like watching the commentary afterwords. Isn’t there a “wrap it up” person out there? No. But I mean…

He just did 9-minutes on murders committed by migrants.  Mention the horror of it all, and tie it back to border integrity...sure.  But he rolled from literally talking about Hannibal Lecter to a minute riff on torture and murder.  Kinda weird.  

Also, how the fuck does none of his makeup leak off onto his crisp collar with that much sweat?  Whenever I sweat in a shirt and tie and it's over 85* for 5 minutes, my collars looks horrible.  And Tang doesn't sponsor my after shave balm.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Is it just me or when we were kids that the conventions mostly ended around 9:30 or 10 with about half an hour of commentary? Maybe I am remembering that wrong. 

It's midnight eastern lmao. They really told him "just read the prompter and do the act for the first 20 mins. People will turn it off, go to bed, and you can be Grampa Simpson until you pass out!"

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Forget talking to that moron.  Everybody had inflation.  Ours was better than everybody else. 

I have him on ignore saw too many quoting him. Sorry I’ll stop. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s on multiple channels and he’s trying to get to a time slot he can actually win in the ratings?

1 minute ago, troph said:

The stimulus was needed in 2020 when people were losing their jobs. Would we have seen inflation the following year without the stimulus, possibly, but there wasn’t a need for the additional stimulus in 2021. Adding $1.5 trillion to the money supply is going to cause inflationary pressure which with the the supply chain issues caused the worst inflation in over 40 years. The point is that the 2021 stimulus was a policy choice by Biden that was not needed at that time.

Just now, Macklemore said:

The stimulus was needed in 2020 when people were losing their jobs. Would we have seen inflation the following year without the stimulus, possibly, but there wasn’t a need for the additional stimulus in 2021. Adding $1.5 trillion to the money supply is going to cause inflationary pressure which with the the supply chain issues caused the worst inflation in over 40 years. The point is that the 2021 stimulus was a policy choice by Biden that was not needed at that time.

Now do the rest of the G7 and discuss the stimulus that they did and their inflation rates?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also…would this orange jackhole shut up? I want to check out the local news to get the weather report.

We want to see Maddow talk smart stuff to us over here. Popcorn and wine are already depleted we have lesbian sads.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

Your take is stupid. Think through not taxing tips logically and explain how a waiter that makes $40k should pay less tax than an office worker making $40k.

Yeah let’s not help working people in an industry fucked by COVID and inflation. Why would Republicans want to help regular front of the house restaurant staff.

12 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Uh huh. They are doing such a fantastic job at securing borders

The thing is, Republicans have not a single clue what border security actually looks like. It isn't wasting money on an expensive boondoggle of a wall but that's what you'll get. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Oh god Trump is like me on surly stream of consciousness. Fml. Hes a beating. I’m a beating but at least people can put me on ignore. 

NYT reported the teleprompter was off 20 mins ago lmao

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, TexArcher said:

Hardened, thickened runways, eh?

Are they veiny?

You're turning Icono on right now. 

So Iron Dome is going to stop nuclear missles? 

Edited by mdmost

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

He just did 9-minutes on murders committed by migrants.  Mention the horror of it all, and tie it back to border integrity...sure.  But he rolled from literally talking about Hannibal Lecter to a minute riff on torture and murder.  Kinda weird.  

Also, how the fuck does none of his makeup leak off onto his crisp collar with that much sweat?  Whenever I sweat in a shirt and tie and it's over 85* for 5 minutes, my collars looks horrible.  And Tang doesn't sponsor my after shave balm.  

But did an immigrant shoot the orange tanner off his ear?

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah let’s not help working people in an industry fucked by COVID and inflation. Why would Republicans want to help regular front of the house restaurant staff.

How about the payroll clerk in the HQ of the restaurant office?

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

They probably did overdo it a bit  - cool thing about not being in a cult, you can admit when the party you generally support has a misstep - but it showed they learned from understimulating and having a prolonged recovery ala the first half of the 2010's. A smaller package probably would have been really threading the needle, but what we got was better than not doing anything. Inflation in the US was generally milder, sometimes much more so, than the rest of the world, and wages have risen even more. It is hard to be perfect but any reasonable person acting in good faith with the best interest of the country in mind would have taken this economic outcome if offered in 2021.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

NYT reported the teleprompter was off 20 mins ago lmao

Is it a symptom of PTSD? It’s like I bet he hasn’t slept except when Don was speaking last night. Is he doing this all waking hours just talking like I do? There is no cure for this. I am sorry. Damn. 

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

They probably did overdo it a bit  - cool thing about not being in a cult, you can admit when the party you generally support has a misstep - but it showed they learned from understimulating and having a prolonged recovery ala the first half of the 2010's. A smaller package probably would have been really threading the needle, but what we got was better than not doing anything. Inflation in the US was generally milder, sometimes much more so, than the rest of the world, and wages have risen even more. It is hard to be perfect but any reasonable person acting in good faith with the best interest of the country in mind would have taken this economic outcome if offered in 2021.

The stimulus wasn’t the primary driver. It was a factor but it’s not magically perfect by Trump and excessive by Biden. A deep dive really will show some wild shit that went on in the supply chain and radical changes in consumer behavior that were much bigger factors.