Republican Convention - "mill-e-wah-que"

tx 3 putt

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Is it a symptom of PTSD? It’s like I bet he hasn’t slept except when Don was speaking last night. Is he doing this all waking hours just talking like I do? There is no cure for this. I am sorry. Damn. 

Unless he was shot at the first day he came onto the political scene then no. This is pretty standard Trump rally fare.

It has always been about white people and old white people who are so afraid of a changing America that they cling to authoritarians to keep their slice of America the same. 

• Hook 'Em 8

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why is Grindr out of service in Milwaukee?  Are there a bunch of closeted homosexuals in the Republican Party? Is that the insinuation? 

Probably, what’s wrong with closeted homosexuals? 

• Fuck You 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I believe that the borders need to be secured and they need to be secured yesterday. No, I don’t believe in mass deportation

I don’t have to agree with everything that they say or do, and I hope you don’t agree with everything the left does either.

Standing with today’s GoP means standing with Putin. Never thought I’d see the GoP being Russia/Putin’s lap dog.

Repeat all that for China …

If Trump can win, he becomes very useless, even a hinderance to Vance / Putin / Xi

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

Unless he was shot at the first day he came onto the political scene then no. This is pretty standard Trump rally fare.

It’s like listening to my mom on the phone. Just when I think it’s over and she says “okay love you take care” and I’m like love you back and goodbye…she goes “oh did I tell you about the…” 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

It’s like listening to my mom on the phone. Just when I think it’s over and she says “okay love you take care” and I’m like love you back and goodbye…she goes “oh did I tell you about the…” 

She does that to you, too?  Crazy, right?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why is Grindr out of service in Milwaukee?  Are there a bunch of closeted homosexuals in the Republican Party? Is that the insinuation? 

Grindr is a good resource to find drugs in a new city. Lots of straight people looking for plugs are on Grindr. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Macklemore said:

Grindr is a good resource to find drugs in a new city. Lots of straight people looking for plugs are on Grindr. 

what the fuck do you know about straight people?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The stimulus was needed in 2020 when people were losing their jobs. Would we have seen inflation the following year without the stimulus, possibly, but there wasn’t a need for the additional stimulus in 2021. Adding $1.5 trillion to the money supply is going to cause inflationary pressure which with the the supply chain issues caused the worst inflation in over 40 years. The point is that the 2021 stimulus was a policy choice by Biden that was not needed at that time.

Explain global inflation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Serious question: do tipped waiters usually make enough money that they're even paying income tax?

(In b4 leeches at the bottom)

Oh fuck.  Are you kidding?   At a nice restaurant (waiters in tuxes) they stay there 50 years.  

In my construction lending days, we financed a home for a waiter at a famous red-tablecloth restaurant in L.A.     He was making over 100k, and this was 20 years ago.  He said Mick and Keith were both big tippers. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Probably, what’s wrong with closeted homosexuals? 

Well, many of them become miserable and self-loathing people. Closeted homosexuals involved in politics often will try to take on such an "I ain't gay" stance that they come up with policies to punish homosexuals who are out in the open.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

My youngest and 12 of her classmates went to DC in early June. They did not get stabbed. NYC too. Also, no stabbings. 

Recently relocated to the liberal hellscape of Seattle. Am dead.

IMG_9171.JPG

IMG_9189.JPG

IMG_9202.JPG

IMG_9358.JPG

IMG_9365.JPG

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Well, many of them become miserable and self-loathing people. Closeted homosexuals involved in politics often will try to take on such an "I ain't gay" stance that they come up with policies to punish homosexuals who are out in the open.

200w (4).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

I said usually. 

a college kid working at Chili's is different than a career fine-dining server. 

oh fuck, little Marco says this is the biggest balloon drop ever!  Bigger than any gay dance club he's ever been to for a foam party.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How many battles did Gen hood win ?

My junior high here in Dallas was named after him. It never made sense to me. He was a shitty general. He was from Kentucky. He got his men killed. His side lost. But hey we needed to stick a middle finger at all the black people who dared to want to live in Dallas in the 1950s. Thankfully, they removed that traitor's name. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Serious question: do tipped waiters usually make enough money that they're even paying income tax?

(In b4 leeches at the bottom)

Depends on the restaurant. You can easily make $50-60k as a professional waiter at a decent restaurant, you can make less and you can push $100k in the nicest restaurants.

I have no issue with tax breaks for the poorer Americans but this has no logic. 

Longest presidential acceptance speeches since 1956 (h/t @Presidency_Proj)

Donald Trump, 2024: 1:25 (and counting)
Donald Trump, 2016: 1:15
Donald Trump, 2020: 1:10
Bill Clinton, 1996: 1:06
George W. Bush, 2004: 1:02

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

waiter at a famous red-tablecloth restaurant in L.A.     He was making over 100k, and this was 20 years ago.  He said Mick and Keith were both big tippers. 

Bob Evans noodle soup goes hard.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Depends on the restaurant. You can easily make $50-60k as a professional waiter at a decent restaurant, you can make less and you can push $100k in the nicest restaurants.

too low. 

Say you have 15 tables a night, 5 nights a week. Average tab $500.   That's $7,500 in tab. At 15%, that's 1,125 per night.   Say you tip-out 500 (you don't).  That's over 3 grand a week.  

The media headlines are irresponsibly glossing over the countless lies, hour-long incoherent rant, and divisive rhetoric. The WSJ and CNN of all outlets seem to be making the best effort to report honestly, at least mentioning Trump's shift in tone. They just want to report on a supposed pivot. Barely anyone will have watched this speech - the WNBA outdrew the RNC last night - certainly not the whole thing, late as it went. People's impressions, to the degree that they have them, will be based on the media's characterization, and they appear eager to prop Trump up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

https://www.nytimes.com/

https://www.npr.org/

https://www.wsj.com/

https://www.cnn.com/

7 minutes ago, troph said:

a buddy was a bartender / waiter at a busy pappaduexes, he was knocking down $70k a year without killing himself 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

a buddy was a bartender / waiter at a busy pappaduexes, he was knocking down $70k a year without killing himself 

and probably drowning in pussy

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don't think your mom spouts as many lies...

Edited by Fastbreak
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

and probably drowning in pussy

you have nooooooo idea

i banged sooo many hot waitress’s friend, perfect wingman. I’d get the text, ‘going to so and so after work, meet us. She has a friend’  

Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

ohh yeah, f Trump and all his maga supporters 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1