Republican Convention - "mill-e-wah-que"

tx 3 putt

22 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

too low. 

Say you have 15 tables a night, 5 nights a week. Average tab $500.   That's $7,500 in tab. At 15%, that's 1,125 per night.   Say you tip-out 500 (you don't).  That's over 3 grand a week.  

48 weeks that’s $144k, but bad nights, and possible 5 tables 3 turns is a tad high for an average so $80-120k is probably the high side range for solid restaurants. I’d also add not sure what super high end restaurants like the French Laundry produce but the point is you can make more than teachers waiting tables (more bartending) and here’s a ridiculous tax break offered with no sound logic at all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

"Falsehoods"

🤦‍♂️

Probably the #1 thing that *any* media does about the 🍊🤡 rapist is use that word instead of the correct term: LIES

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Grindr is a good resource to find drugs in a new city. Lots of straight people looking for plugs are on Grindr. 

It's OK to be gay.  It was always OK to be gay.  Live your life.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Finally drugged and dragged Melania out on stage. 

Every time he reached down and held her hand I'm guessing the cash register went cha-ching.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

"Falsehoods"

🤦‍♂️

Probably the #1 thing that *any* media does about the 🍊🤡 rapist is use that word instead of the correct term: LIES

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Is it just me or when we were kids that the conventions mostly ended around 9:30 or 10 with about half an hour of commentary? Maybe I am remembering that wrong. 

Long ago when I used to watch, the conventions themselves went late. I guess that was before primaries completed locked up a candidacy. Now they have to feed their panels who largely tell you what you just saw with generally uninsightful speculation about the horserace.

When I had cable, I liked watching the girls (said with affection and admiration) on MSNBC after events like this. 

image.png.30a9dac8fde2ee0a5250e92448b85ce0.pngimage.png.f2f77cce42e576ac0fdbad360648a8fb.pngimage.png.d3d6f3674c4a1ab30dd071b12af415c4.png

Reid, Maddow, Wallace

Smart, fresh, and funny. They were great after the Jan 6 hearings.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

The thing is, Republicans have not a single clue what border security actually looks like. It isn't wasting money on an expensive boondoggle of a wall but that's what you'll get. 

They keep phrasing it as a military issue. We must secure our borders. They/he insist that we're getting murderers and rapers and terrorists. Of course, that's a lie. They evidently can't find anything but lies to explain the problem that we should all be so worried about.

It's a social services issue that can be addressed with humanity no matter what our policy is about what to do with immigrants once they're here. Pour federal dollars and angencies into border localities to assume the burden there. 

Of course, this is useless trying to make sense these days. These yahoos think the same way as those idiots who weaponed up and went to the border to help defend it. From what, exactly?

Doesn't matter; we're here with guns and manly poses.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you were playing the drinking game "The Wall", where you have a shot every time he mentioned "The Wall" at the Southern Border specifically with that term and/or mentioning Mexico...congrats.  You're probably feeling pretty good this morning.  The other drinking games have a lot of hungover amateurs this morning.  

There's no point in bringing up what he said last night in 2016 and 2020, and has no plan for which to correct.  But his people like his vagueness upon which they can plant the seeds of their own anger and frustration and hatred.  He's a master of it.  A true confidence man.  

There's so much to unpack about last night, but I'm still stuck on his segue from affection for Hannibal Lecter to literally a 9-minute riff on MS-13 and Migrant Murderers.  And why Hannibal Lecter?  

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If you were playing the drinking game "The Wall", where you have a shot every time he mentioned "The Wall" at the Southern Border specifically with that term and/or mentioning Mexico...congrats.  You're probably feeling pretty good this morning.  The other drinking games have a lot of hungover amateurs this morning.  

There's no point in bringing up what he said last night in 2016 and 2020, and has no plan for which to correct.  But his people like his vagueness upon which they can plant the seeds of their own anger and frustration and hatred.  He's a master of it.  A true confidence man.  

There's so much to unpack about last night, but I'm still stuck on his segue from affection for Hannibal Lecter to literally a 9-minute riff on MS-13 and Migrant Murderers.  And why Hannibal Lecter?  

Also, "The Wall" that Trump is ranting so much about has been funded and built by Biden more than himself. Yet another thing he falsely takes credit for. 

The worst is that the stock market is at an ALL TIME HIGH, almost daily it sets new PR's. How do you reconcile "the best econmy ever" with having lower stock market? I kept waiting to hear him try and address that but of course he never did.

18 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

The worst is that the stock market is at an ALL TIME HIGH, almost daily it sets new PR's. How do you reconcile "the best economy ever" with having lower stock market? I kept waiting to hear him try and address that but of course he never did.

The truth is that the health of the "economy" isn't one or two singular measures, so he probably doesn't need to. I don't know the exact number, but I would guess only a third of Americans have an IRA or 401k (or otherwise directly benefit from a 40K DJIA) and so increases in the stock market prices don't impact a large swathe of potential voters. What those voters do notice however, are increases in costs at the pump, grocery store etc. which did become a significant issue for them over the last 3-4 years. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The truth is that the health of the "economy" isn't one or two singular measures, so he probably doesn't need to. I don't know the exact number, but I would guess only a third of Americans have an IRA or 401k (or otherwise directly benefit from a 40K DJIA) and so increases in the stock market prices don't impact a large swathe of potential voters. What those voters do notice however, are increases in costs at the pump, grocery store etc. which did become a significant issue for them over the last 3-4 years. 

It's so weird to me that people obsess over their 401k - it's something you should be looking at quarterly, not tracking day by day

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

It's so weird to me that people obsess over their 401k - it's something you should be looking at quarterly, not tracking day by day

Agreed. I look at mine maybe annually? only to make sure my firm's contribution makes it in there and in the correct amount since it is setup to reallocate automatically based on years before retirement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

It’s also a good source for “straight” guys to fuck other dudes while still being married to their wife because they are too scared to come out as gay which describes 75% of radical republican men.

last night i learned from that superfreak in here that 'the common man' is a closeted gay, drug using, WWE fan. 

no fucking wonder i am out of touch 😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Man, they got some classy believers: Hulk Hogan, Kid Rock, Don Jr. and his girlfriend, and these 5 idiots. Just to name a few. That girl with the glasses is blowing some coke, obviously, or picking.

9 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

FB_IMG_1721368816906.jpg

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

too low. 

Say you have 15 tables a night, 5 nights a week. Average tab $500.   That's $7,500 in tab. At 15%, that's 1,125 per night.   Say you tip-out 500 (you don't).  That's over 3 grand a week.  

image.jpeg.f65d2102e375a0a6792c75954811a87f.jpeg

• Haha 2

The crowd shots were scary. Like the loonies at pro wrestling who think it’s real. Or at a televangelist “sermon”. I guess if you combined those two things it would roughly approximate the current Republican Party. Add a dash of nascar.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I am a natural born American. How many times do I have to tell you. There will always be a place for someone like me in the Trump Presidency. I am a true believer. They’re millions of loyalists like me who are ready to fulfill Trump’s mission.

Ok Free Born Man of the USA.  I'm guessing you were born here to parents who had not yet obtained their citizenship.  Making you a "birthright citizen."  

I hope you are aware that your Loyalists would have never let you in and you would not be  a Free Born Man of the USA today.

• Hook 'Em 4