Republican Convention - "mill-e-wah-que"

tx 3 putt

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I watched because I wanted to hear commentary on school shooting survivors. He said none of that in that clip. Awesome tweet. 

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Are you stupid or something? 

I agree with Rex. Why post a clip if that clip doesn't support your tweet (or whatever they are called now)? I get that he actually said it, but if you don't have the transcript, the tweet just looks misleading. Either don't post a video at all or make sure your video has the juicy content. 

Just now, ConferenceRoom said:

The video is to put a name to a face and a voice and the tweet is to put his words on blast. Stop parsing technicalities. The time for that is over. 

It isn't a technicality. It is bad marketing. Don't just say it, show it. It should have been a short clip of the crazier moments. 

Posted (edited)

He didn’t say those things in this speech. He’d have to be an absolute moron to include that shit in the same breath as “I’m running for governor of North Carolina.” It was 3.5 minutes of milquetoast “Joe Biden closed the factories that Donald Trump was going to keep open.” The dude is obviously a savvy operator, he’s just also a gigantic piece of shit. Like the rest of them. That’s bad marketing. 

But it works. So. You know. 

Edited by ConferenceRoom

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

He didn’t say those things in this speech. He’d have to be an absolute moron to include that shit in the same breath as “I’m running for governor of North Carolina.” It was 3.5 minutes of milquetoast “Joe Biden closed the factories that Donald Trump was going to keep open.” The dude is obviously a savvy operator, he’s just also a gigantic piece of shit. Like the rest of them. That’s bad marketing. 

But it works. So. You know. 

My guy, I'm on the same side here. But that tweet is misleading. It suggests he said them during the speech. It should have said something like "who has previously said". If I'm an independent and don't know much about him, when I see that tweet and then click on the video, I feel tricked. I mean, fuck, I feel tricked even though I know he has said those things. It is a really poorly executed message. Shit like this is where democrats constantly fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Kamala and Obama are definitely Gen X in spirit.  There is nothing Boomer about either of them.

This isn't Texas Ags where we hand out spirit tags. Neither are Gen-X.

We will likely never get Gen-X representation.

8x4j5o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

My guy, I'm on the same side here. But that tweet is misleading. It suggests he said them during the speech. It should have said something like "who has previously said". If I'm an independent and don't know much about him, when I see that tweet and then click on the video, I feel tricked. I mean, fuck, I feel tricked even though I know he has said those things. It is a really poorly executed message. Shit like this is where democrats constantly fuck up. 

democrats are bad at messaging

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Milwaukee is a dem city but the Milwaukee burbs are straight out of the 60’s - they hate minorities (especially blacks), lot of R voters 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Milwaukee is a dem city but the Milwaukee burbs are straight out of the 60’s - they hate minorities (especially blacks), lot of R voters 

Well that is where Cha-Chi/Scott Baio lives, so…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

There are many worse examples but I'm gonna use this tweet to bitch about it anyways. 

Elon fucking Musk monetizing Twitter for users was one of the dumbest and most dangerous decisions ever made on social media, particularly when it comes to politics. 

Obviously the right was grifting from day 1 once Trump entered the political picture (but before Twitter monetization they had to hustle by creating actual content to make $$). Now, its become much easier for right wing nuts and even Democratic accounts have finally caught up this cycle to try to make money off engagement. 

Pretty much every account tx 3 putt (no personal offense intended) embeds from Twitter, comes from a Dem engagement farming account. These are #Resisters who finally could make some money, and they're taking full advantage. It's not as brazen as Trumpers, but these Dem accounts still post misleading shit, half truths and even outright lies. 

Engagement farming was already bad when people did it for the sugar rush they got from all the activity, but now that money can be made - and with the ability to pay for a blue check which still subconsciously makes people take their accounts seriously - it's worse than ever. 

Fuck Elon. End of rant. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Kamala and Obama are definitely Gen X in spirit.  There is nothing Boomer about either of them.

Early 60's birth cohort was a neither-this-nor-that. Technically in the same Babyboomer slot with the young adults who were born right after WW2, our fellow-boomer babysitters were from some other world. We played with what would one-day be Gen-Xers except at the time they were gullible little kids we would trick into doing stupid stuff.

We were like the Britons watching the last Roman Legions leave Hadrian's Wall, but instead of classical civilization leaving, it was the world going from Hot Wheels, Johnny Quest, and belt whippings, to More Hot Wheels, HR fuckin PufnStuff, Sesame Street, sticky Happy Meal toys, and timeouts.

(I bout puked the first time I saw some brat get a timeout. The LAW was sacrosanct, and this was a mockery of it. Go pick a switch.)

Yeah I know y'all got videogame x, movie Y, and music Z. I enjoyed all those as well. I'm only like 2 years older than your Gen X big sister. How's she doin, anyway?

Edited by RDCanecutter
Pine cone fight rules: no green pine cones.
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

There are many worse examples but I'm gonna use this tweet to bitch about it anyways. 

Elon fucking Musk monetizing Twitter for users was one of the dumbest and most dangerous decisions ever made on social media, particularly when it comes to politics. 

Obviously the right was grifting from day 1 once Trump entered the political picture (but before Twitter monetization they had to hustle by creating actual content to make $$). Now, its become much easier for right wing nuts and even Democratic accounts have finally caught up this cycle to try to make money off engagement. 

Pretty much every account tx 3 putt (no personal offense intended) embeds from Twitter, comes from a Dem engagement farming account. These are #Resisters who finally could make some money, and they're taking full advantage. It's not as brazen as Trumpers, but these Dem accounts still post misleading shit, half truths and even outright lies. 

Engagement farming was already bad when people did it for the sugar rush they got from all the activity, but now that money can be made - and with the ability to pay for a blue check which still subconsciously makes people take their accounts seriously - it's worse than ever. 

Fuck Elon. End of rant. 

there are many many right wing accounts, i seem to block them 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

there are many many right wing accounts, i seem to block them 

Good! 

But Biden's Wins, Brooklyn Defiant Dad or whatever, all the Meidas Touch and Lincoln Project people, etc....engagement farming narcissistic greedy assholes.  Not as bad as the right wing accounts, but still bad. 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Good! 

But Biden's Wins, Brooklyn Defiant Dad or whatever, all the Meidas Touch and Lincoln Project people, etc....engagement farming narcissistic greedy assholes.  Not as bad as the right wing accounts, but still bad. 

Meidas Touch is OK if you just listen to the first 12 seconds of it, After that it's 20 minutes of rambling. Oh, also ignore anything interesting implied by the title. It won't be in the video.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Early 60's birth cohort was a neither-this-nor-that. Technically in the same Babyboomer slot with the young adults who were born right after WW2, our fellow-boomer babysitters were from some other world. We played with what would one-day be Gen-Xers except at the time they were gullible little kids we would trick into doing stupid stuff.

We were like the Britons watching the last Roman Legions leave Hadrian's Wall, but instead of classical civilization leaving, it was the world going from Hot Wheels, Johnny Quest, and belt whippings, to More Hot Wheels, HR fuckin PufnStuff, Sesame Street, sticky Happy Meal toys, and timeouts.

(I bout puked the first time I saw some brat get a timeout. The LAW was sacrosanct, and this was a mockery of it.)

Yeah I know y'all got videogame x, movie Y, and music Z. I enjoyed all those as well. I'm only like 2 years older than your Gen X big sister. How's she doin, anyway?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952mucphoksczitupz7s6

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I lived there (in the city, east side  by the lake) for a couple of years right out of school. Most racially segregated city I have spent time in, so the R's should feel right at home. 

42 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fuck Elon. End of rant. 

Feelin a little guilty from your David Chapman tweet? lol

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

(I bout puked the first time I saw some brat get a timeout. The LAW was sacrosanct, and this was a mockery of it. Go pick a switch.)

Okay, Boomer.

Just like everything, y'all got more than everyone else, including the number of years in your generation.

Baby Boomers: Born 1946–1964 (18 years}
Generation X: Born 1965–1980 (15 years)
Millennial Generation or Generation Y: Born 1981–1996 (15 years)

Don't complain if some you late Boomers got all the socioeconomic benefits of late Boomerism with a mix of the kickass personality traits of us Gen-Xers. 

Yes, my 1971 vintage white bare-ass got whipped with a leather belt, too, since my parents were a little older than most. And 1990's Slacker and 1994's Reality Bites were way too on-the-nose cliches for my college-era life experiences. 

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, I do actually consider some of you early- and mid-1960s people to be on the spectrum between awesome early '80s New Wave and early '90s Grunge in our early 20s. After all, we both had to experience the awful bland banality of late '80s MTV pop.

Thank gawd for 120 Minutes.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

She sucks …

Before Biden there were no smart phones or social media.  She has a way of putting shit together that makes no sense.

"the Texas Longhorns led the Big 12 in passing year last year. And still Sarkisian didn't coach the baseball team. Think about that..."

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nope, gotta know your enemy. And the Trump RNC is not on my friends list.

I know my enemy. I’ll watch certain events. Like the debate. I’m not watching the shitshow theater of the RNC. Nothing to be learned there. It’s just CPAC on steroids.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so did we ever get clarity on the no bandage early in the day and a bandage later thing? was the image purported to be from earlier yesterday misattributed?

Yes, more Twitter disinformation.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, bolverk said:

Yes, my 1971 vintage white bare-ass got whipped with a leather belt, too

OK. you can help us throw rocks at the fort. The rest of you kids get inside the fort. We need to test it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Kari Lake is such a cunt.

This whole goddam event should be renamed the "Punchable Face Convention."

There was this weird split screen on MSNBC earlier where on the left was the WWE "save the elephants" campaign and on the right was Don Jr. 

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Considering Abbott spent $1,300 per bus boarder crossers to midwest cities.  Can you imagine what the fucking bill is gonna be for 105 officers round-trip flight to Milwaukee plus 3 nights hotel for all of them, and per diem for food.  and ground transportation.  If the Texas delegation has to stay all the way out in Madison and get bussed in, these guys are gonna be in Rhinelander.  There's no way this doesn't up costing several hundred thousands of dollars.  

Are they even 100 seats left to go to Milwaukee today?  And everybody coming back to Texas on Friday?  

I guess he didn't think to plan this out ahead just like hurricane prep because of his well documented love of Korean food.  

Staffer, "Governor...it may not be a good look to pull officers out of Austin given your comments about how unsafe that city is and needs more police?"

Abbott, "Well Karen, I can't very well send cops from Uvalde." 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Rage+1 1