2024 Paris Olympics

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

The sound mixer is doing an awful job. Commentators mikes are way too loud, the main event audio feed way too low.

To this I have to add I feel like NBC has denied us a lot of the opening ceremony. The Orsay feels like the last real piece of it we got.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

To this I have to add I feel like NBC has denied us a lot of the opening ceremony. The Orsay feels like the last real piece of it we got.

From my understanding they ceremony had 12 parts. We saw I think at best 4 or 5? All because they had to keep cutting to Team USA.

• Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

And I'm totally here for it.

It has fucking everything. I try to imagine the logistics of putting it all together and the ideas and make it translate and it’s outstanding. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

From my understanding they ceremony had 12 parts. We saw I think at best 4 or 5? All because they had to keep cutting to Team USA.

So these were the acts I remembered plus was able to pull from elsewhere: 

act 2 - Synchronicity
act 3 Liberty
act 4 Equality
act 5 - fraternity
act 6 - sisterhood
act 7 - sportsmanship
Act 8 - festivity

act 10 - obscurity

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

We are all lucky that the French military was so inept that Hitler didn’t have to bomb Paris to rubble in order to take it. 

I'm laughing considerably because about two hours ago my German cousin sent a message asking if I thought the French deserved to have the rain so bad during the opening ceremony. Too funny.