2024 Paris Olympics

God damnit, I got fed up when everyone and their dog started carrying the torch and went to take a leak and missed the damn balloon thing.  I thought that was just another part of the production value and not the official lighting.  Fuck me.

Last month, Dion shared more details about how difficult her life has become with stiff person syndrome, which can cause involuntary spasms and muscle rigidity, while promoting her new documentary “I Am: Celine Dion” released on Amazon.

In an interview with NBC’s Hoda Kotb at the time, the singer said trying to sing with her condition feels “like somebody is strangling you.”

The spasms can attack different parts of her body, including her abdomen, spine and ribs, she said.

“I have broken ribs at one point because sometimes when it’s very severe, it can break some ribs as well,” the Grammy-winner shared.

damn

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Super memorable. Bravo La France. Outside of the speeches being too long and killing the vibe. That was awesome. 

Too much commentary, and politicians being politicians were the only downsides. I didn't love the balloon, but it's unique so I'll go along.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If they sink the Titanic and drown Leonardo DiCaprio AGAIN....I'm IN.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Not the Titanic song?  Missed a chance for a little friendly jab at the Brits.

That was done earlier

• Hook 'Em 1

Ceremony grew on me as it went along, especially as it got dark. I missed the speech part, fortunately. Celine Dion crushed it. The Eiffel Tower looked amazing.

Starting to think Gustave knew what he was doing when it comes to iconic structures
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I would love someone to find all 12 artistic acts and post them. I’m not shocked that NBC didn’t show them, just annoyed. 

I enjoyed the Imagine cover by Juliette Armanet as well

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Welshy said:

Really disappointed there wasn't a stupid fucking cartoon mascot theme.

White-Walker Horse. That's a fucking mascot. Well done. 

Well it was a huge point of pride here in Atlanta when we had Izzy

I’m watching the replay on regular NBC and it makes me sad that they fucked over some of the smaller countries getting shown as part of the parade to show commercials. Cmon, these folks worked their asses of to be Olympic athletes and there are no doubt diaspora groups in the states that would like to be proud of their home country too

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

please to post more videos of anything from the opening ceremonies. We get the shit end of the timezone stick down unda. seems like you can't find much online at the moment and the app is, well, interesting. 

I've only been to Paris a few times. I have not spent any evenings in Paris. Mostly it was just going from Charles de Gaulle ✈️ to town on the train, then walking a kilometer to another train station to get the train to Germany.

I would like to spend some time there but, most of our time has been spent at the beach 🏖️ in the south. I like France. I admit I like their Rosé more than their Bier. I like their women at the beach and in the small towns I have visited.

I hope they have a great Olympics.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

sorry I couldn’t get enough of this. This was my favorite part. I have other moments I loved but this absolutely rocked!!!

One of the cooler things about this is that the building they're playing from is the Conciergerie, which was used as a prison during the French Revolution. It's where the prisoners heading to the guillotine—including Marie Antoinette—were held. So, there was a specific historical reason why they chose to make it the most "metal" part of the spectacle.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, staboner said:

please to post more videos of anything from the opening ceremonies. We get the shit end of the timezone stick down unda. seems like you can't find much online at the moment and the app is, well, interesting. 

Travelling in a fried-out Kombi, on a hippie trail, head full of zombie?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1