2024 Paris Olympics

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

I bet Enchubben's parents didn't allow him to watch Three's Company because "What if Jack maybe isn't faking it?"

I do remember them not letting me watch the Simpsons at one point, I think that lasted a week. It’s a cartoon, and even with some mature themes, at least it was animated.

Seeing this on a worldwide broadcast is something else entirely:

IMG_0756.thumb.png.ac667f842127bda8dfcba3ef1465365d.png

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I do remember them not letting me watch the Simpsons at one point, I think that lasted a week. It’s a cartoon, and even with some mature themes, at least it was animated.

Is that... Is that a goiter? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

creed.gif.a4eeb3c7b885f289ce3a989b4be13c0c.gif

• Haha 5

im a huge fan of the opening ceremony offending as many people as possible.  the next country should poke fun at islam.  maybe do something about muhammed marrying a 7 year old.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Did you notice that on the live feed, pause and screenshot it or did some closeted right wing weirdo post it to SM and your fucked up algorithm feed it to you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Did you notice that on the live feed, pause and screenshot it or did some closeted right wing weirdo post it to SM and your fucked up algorithm feed it to you?

1. Russia didn't get invited to their entire network of alt right trolls has been set to shit on the Games

2. The Olympics is a 2 week celebration of the beauty and value of multi culturalism. Sort of a bad thing for people who's entire worldview is based on hating people different from them

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1. Russia didn't get invited to their entire network of alt right trolls has been set to shit on the Games
2. The Olympics is a 2 week celebration of the beauty and value of multi culturalism. Sort of a bad thing for people who's entire worldview is based on hating people different from them

“Why did the broadcast of the opening ceremonies focus so much on all those damned foreigners?????”
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

58 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Women’s Beach Volleyball is disappointing.

Although they were wearing leggings tonight, one of the Canadians did catch my eye.

Also the GOLD ZONE on Peacock is great whiparound coverage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I wasn’t looking at his crotch real time, no. It was texted to me from a real lunatic right winger who also doesn’t want frontal male nudity shown during the Olympics. Which, could easily be avoidable had we not had a tranny drag show during the opening of an international athletics competition.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

“Why did the broadcast of the opening ceremonies focus so much on all those damned foreigners?????”

you must have been watching the international feed and not nbc

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

This friend hates frontal male nudity so much they paused the show, took a screen capture, drew a big ass arrow pointing to the cock and balls, and blasted it out to you and presumably a shitload of other friends

interesting

I’m sure it was sent to him or he saw it online; someone somewhere paused it and screen grabbed it though 🤷‍♂️.

Nothing wrong with a little casual dick/balls showing to kids as long as it’s brief though right? And you must be full of hate to think otherwise.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Enchubben said:

I’m sure it was sent to him or he saw it online; someone somewhere paused it and screen grabbed it though 🤷‍♂️.

Nothing wrong with a little casual dick/balls showing to kids as long as it’s brief though right? And you must be full of hate to think otherwise.

I don’t think that seeing a brief shot of human genitalia is harmful to children, no. Being fondled or fucked by an uncle, adult cousin, or Sunday school teacher is a different story

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Eh. Give yer balls a tug, ya titfucker

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I guess you need to be 17 to go to a museum 

image.jpeg.ab1fbda6057c776dff1bde762a337bce.jpeg

and you’ll be shocked at what the animals on a farm will do right in front of you in broad daylight!!

I posted a picture of an aroused elephant literally dragging his dick through the dirt when we went to Africa several years ago.  I didn’t even notice it when we were looking at it live, but there it was when we were going through the pictures.  I thought it was funny, so I threw it up on the gram.  I was shocked at some of the reactions.  I had no idea that this would be so offensive.

temporary.thumb.jpeg.9c1d9a48ce303f8611066b26b2c5953f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so does the addition of surfing mean that no inland city will ever get to host summer Olympics? 🤔 

I doubt it, there are plenty of work arounds, and if the IOC has shown anything, it's that money talks.  

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I think they are doing surfing in the South Pacific 

well yeah... but that's a (former?) French colony right? i thought that was a pretty neat way to work it out... but not every country/city will have an option like that. i guess they will find a way. 

49 minutes ago, mchookem said:

well yeah... but that's a (former?) French colony right? i thought that was a pretty neat way to work it out... but not every country/city will have an option like that. i guess they will find a way. 

I’m sure it’s just going to be random. Surf is too finicky to try to base the host on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mchookem said:

so does the addition of surfing mean that no inland city will ever get to host summer Olympics? 🤔 

So you think Paris is a coastal city?  Just another geographically ignorant American. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

So you think Paris is a coastal city?  Just another geographically ignorant American. 

It's like how people talk about Arizona being on the west coast

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

It's like how people talk about Arizona being on the west coast

I seem to remember a project in the Caribbean to make artificial surf, as to it's success I have no idea.  I'd have to think that the ability exists to do this just about anywhere, it's just a question of cost.  To me, it's not inconceivable to have an Olympics in say Las Vegas (albeit impractical).  The Saudi's are after all sorts of projects, practical or otherwise, so to me it's not inconceivable they would try something like this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I seem to remember a project in the Caribbean to make artificial surf, as to it's success I have no idea.  I'd have to think that the ability exists to do this just about anywhere, it's just a question of cost.  To me, it's not inconceivable to have an Olympics in say Las Vegas (albeit impractical).  The Saudi's are after all sorts of projects, practical or otherwise, so to me it's not inconceivable they would try something like this.  

that's more like what i was wondering...Vegas, Chicago, or places like that (not just in the US). i thought France had a pretty cool solution,  not to mention spectacular.. but yeah, i suppose any country could use any location around the globe...bc even with a nearby coastline there's no guarantee there's actually competitive level surf. 

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

that's more like what i was wondering...Vegas, Chicago, or places like that (not just in the US). i thought France had a pretty cool solution,  not to mention spectacular.. but yeah, i suppose any country could use any location around the globe...bc even with a nearby coastline there's no guarantee there's actually competitive level surf. 

Well, for the US I mean we do have that one state with Pipeline and I hear tell a couple of people even surf in California.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

There isn't a surfing thread yet, but the US has some EPIC rides today. They kicked some ads.

It's not a sport for everyone as there can be some waiting, but when it goes hard surfing is insanely fun to watch. And the background topography isn't terrible either.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

French Polynesia, which includes Tahiti, is comprised of former French colonies, but they're an "overseas collectivity." Their status is still above our overseas territories, because they get representation in France's National Assembly (Congress). 

To your original question, I think in the future inland bid winners will have to come up with some sort of similar solution, but it's not a pressing concern at the moment.

2028 will be in LA and 2032 in Brisbane, both obviously coastal cities.

According toe Wikipedia, the current bidders for 2036 are Nusantara (a planned city I'd never heard of that will be the future capital of Indonesia that's currently under construction) that looks like it'll be close to the coast, Istanbul (on the coast), Santiago (near the coast like all of Chile), and India (no city chosen - but they've got plenty of coast).

Beyond 2036, we'll just be lucky to be alive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

I was just using Vegas as an example, and they wouldn't do that there either, nor in Chicago, they could use Hawaii or California without issue, the precedent has been set for that.  What is more likely for an artificial effort would be a country without those kinds of locations, such as this.   There are only a handful of places in the world with both the money to host the Olympics, and the lack of ability to find a suitable surfing location within there own reach.  Saudi Arabia is one with the money (but I'd like to think political opposition to this would stand for many reasons).  If say South Africa got a games, I don't think anyone is overly eager to get out in the water with fucking sharks, so there's that.