2024 Paris Olympics

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We don’t need anymore interest in surfing. Every fucking break in the world is overcrowded with cooks going straight and burning everyone lol. 

rant over. I wanna Teauphoo go off code red style 

Back off Warchild 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

12 medals so far. Great start for us! America Fuck ya! 

Team USA Gold Medals – 3

• Fencing – Women’s Individual Foil (July 28)

• Lee Kiefer

• Swimming – Men’s 4 x 100m Freestyle (July 27)

• Jack Alexj, Chris Guiliano, Hunter Armstrong, Caeleb Dressel

• Swimming – Women’s 100m Butterfly (July 28)

• Torri Huske

Team USA Silver Medals – 6

• Cycling – Women’s Mountain Bike (July 28)

• Haley Batten

• Diving – Women’s Synchronized 3m Springboard Final (July 27)

• Sarah Bacon, Kassidy Cook

• Fencing – Women’s Individual Foil (July 28)

• Lauren Scruggs

• Swimming – Men’s 100m Breaststroke (July 28)

• Nic Fink

• Swimming – Women’s 4 x 100m Freestyle (July 28)

• Swimming – Women’s 4 x 100m Freestyle (July 27)

• Kate Douglass, Gretchen Walsh, Torri Huske, Simone Manuel

Team USA Bronze Medals – 3

• Cycling – Women’s Individual Time Trial (July 27)

• Chloe Dygert

• Swimming – Men’s 400m IM (July 28)

• Carson Foster

• Swimming – Women’s 400m Freestyle (July 27)

• Katie Ladecky

Hook’em to Carson Foster, 13-time All-American with Texas Longhorns, for winning the bronze at Paris Olympics.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The official Olympics app kinda sucks. Is there something better for keeping up with everything?

When not near a large screen and just wanna keep up with event results, I'm using "The Score" app.  Same one a lot of use for college sports, soccer, etc.  It takes a few minutes to customize the results, like you can dismiss events you don't care about, set timezone not in Paris, medal table, etc.  It's not perfect, but better than the NBC one.  You can still click randomly on certain events if you wanna deep-dive, athlete profiles.  But if you set it up right, you can just glean the latest medley results and hoops scores in seconds.  And no ads so long as you don't click on the extended-play videos which you can wait to do until you get home.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We don’t need anymore interest in surfing. Every fucking break in the world is overcrowded with cooks going straight and burning everyone lol. 

rant over. I wanna Teauphoo go off code red style 

*Kooks

Kook

“Swimming is a sport with only a few rules. No running on the deck. No diving in the shallow end. And definitely no peeing in the pool.

But here’s one of the dirtiest secrets of the Olympic Games: Everyone pees in the pool.”

https://www.wsj.com/sports/olympics/swimming-paris-games-pool-780dd98f?mod=Searchresults_pos11&page=1

• Haha 1

Hinckle and her glorious behind advanced to the third round in the women's surfing.  Not to be outdone, the Israeli surfer Lelior in the next heat rocks a thong bikini bottom. 

Still trying to figure some of this shit out; but the most annoying part of surfing is they will ride a wave for about three seconds then it takes the judges 5-6 minutes to put up a score.  Why?

I guess no plan B for the Triathlon? it’s not like the Seine snuck up on them. Still too dirty to swim in. Their mayor is going to wind up glowing in the dark at some point when she got in there to prove it was ok. It still measures daily in fecal bacteria E. Cool cool cool. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/07/28/paris-olympics-cancels-triathlon-swim-practice-seine/74577627007/

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I guess no plan B for the Triathlon? it’s not like the Seine snuck up on them. Still too dirty to swim in. Their mayor is going to wind up glowing in the dark at some point when she got in there to prove it was ok. It still measures daily in fecal bacteria E. Cool cool cool. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/07/28/paris-olympics-cancels-triathlon-swim-practice-seine/74577627007/

Toxic water never stopped you from wading out into Town Lake. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hinckle and her glorious behind advanced to the third round in the women's surfing.  Not to be outdone, the Israeli surfer Lelior in the next heat rocks a thong bikini bottom. 

Still trying to figure some of this shit out; but the most annoying part of surfing is they will ride a wave for about three seconds then it takes the judges 5-6 minutes to put up a score.  Why?

The judges are on a platform on the coral. They take the time to review the surfer on the on the various videos taken. There is a lot to how the surfer took the wave, breaking, how long in the tunnel, and small nuances they take into account. To get the videos complied, get them to the judges the process it, takes a minute. It's not unlike gymnastics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

And for those that don't know, Medina is a jackass. (Edit - but he's really fucking great at surfing)

I know the announcers have talked about it, but they aren't exaggerating the danger of this wave at all. My kook ass knows surfers 10x better than I ever hoped to be who would not even surf it. It's that fucking narly.

And when it goes code red, there aren't a lot of pro-surfers that can handle it.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

And for those that don't know, Medina is a jackass. (Edit - but he's really fucking great at surfing)

I know the announcers have talked about it, but they aren't exaggerating the danger of this wave at all. My kook ass knows surfers 10x better than I ever hoped to be who would not even surf it. It's that fucking narly.

And when it goes code red, there aren't a lot of pro-surfers that can handle it.

I tend to shy away from most reef breaks. But this one being 2-3 feet of water is insane. I surfed some nice reef breaks in PR.  But these days I’m more long boarding slow and chill 

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Team Japan looks like every mid-major in March who just hits 3s all day long, which keeps it close when the bigger team is outrebounding them big time. 

Too soon, bro. Too soon. 

• Haha 1