2024 Paris Olympics

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ahh the Olympic 20k race walk. What an event.

They should spice it up. Same requirements--no running, only walking, so always one foot in contact with the ground--but add in herds of komodo dragons or something.

It would make the sport more presentable for us, the common viewer, and remove race walkers--whom I'm convinced must be the most insufferable people on the planet--from the gene pool.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Saw this on reddit earlier, ladecky is a f'n badass. Her race yesterday at the age of 27 was number 8 on that list.

image.png.0b7ea0fb23c63b6dfb09b35f0717846c.png

As of now, she still planning on swimming in LA in '28. Crazy to think that all the swimmers busting their ass in their late teens/early twenties and nobody can get close.

“I’ve been consistent over these last few months and last few years in saying that I would love to compete in L.A. and that hasn’t changed,” Ledecky said after the race, according to ESPN. “That could change. I mean, you never know. So, I really just take it year by year at this point and I really haven’t thought much beyond this week in terms of what my fall is going to look like, what my next year is going to look like.

“But yeah, I don’t feel like I’m close to being finished in the sport yet.”

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I love these announcers that show up every four years, like the lady who covers diving. What do they do the other 1,458 weeks?

Uh, they cover diving. The US is one of the few countries that doesn't watch this stuff year around,

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Why is 3 on 3 basketball in the Olympics? Is it a common form of the game in other countries?

My best guess is they are trying to recapture some of the amazing viewership from the AND1 phenomenon, and this version is as close as they can get. 

Redbull's View and History of 3-3

Is it marketing PR stunts, a chance for non-college bound great players, or just silliness that caught on... maybe a litte of all 3.

But I'm not interested in watching it, at all.

27 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

My best guess is they are trying to recapture some of the amazing viewership from the AND1 phenomenon, and this version is as close as they can get. 

Redbull's View and History of 3-3

Is it marketing PR stunts, a chance for non-college bound great players, or just silliness that caught on... maybe a litte of all 3.

But I'm not interested in watching it, at all.

I prefer the 20Km walking sport to this crap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Friendly advice, don't say that shit within 70 meters of her.  

Considering the average girth of Americans, I would say 90 and she can nail your ass. The limit is the power of the bow. Now if she was English and a longbowman(en) then 200+.

Basically don't say shit to a professional woman who is a world leader in shit that can kill you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Friendly advice, don't say that shit within 70 meters of her.  

LOL

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Considering the average girth of Americans, I would say 90 and she can nail your ass. The limit is the power of the bow. Now if she was English and a longbowman(en) then 200+.

Basically don't say shit to a professional woman who is a world leader in shit that can kill you.

I'll have you know I would be a hard target.

Also - watching the next round - it's clearly makeup/powder (seeing Lim Sihyeon now). Her face is pure white, but her neck is not. Medal ceremony picts I saw when looking for my first one back this up.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll have you know I would be a hard target.

Also - watching the next round - it's clearly makeup/powder (seeing Lim Sihyeon now). Her face is pure white, but her neck is not. Medal ceremony picts I saw when looking for my first one back this up.

Pretty sure it’s a massive amount of sunscreen…or maybe it’s something to minimize glare as they aim? My wife and I were puzzling over it this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure it’s a massive amount of sunscreen…or maybe it’s something to minimize glare as they aim? My wife and I were puzzling over it this weekend.

I could be wrong on this, but I think looking very lilly white in South Korea is considered high fashion.  I saw something a while ago on what the average South Korean woman spends on cosmetics, and it was....something.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think looking very lilly white in South Korea is considered high fashion.  I saw something a while ago on what the average South Korean woman spends on cosmetics, and it was....something.  

The debate on this rages online but was reading the women are wearing sunblock (not sunscreen) hence the whiter color of their faces. But it is considered high fashion in China and South Korea to be lily white.

• Hook 'Em 1