2024 Paris Olympics

13 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Well, naturally. He employs Bonetti's defense on rocky terrain, counters Capa Ferro with Thibault, and has even studied Agrippa.

And is ambidextrous. Plus he has this dude. Forget the Sicilian, he is like the USMNT coach.

image.jpeg.c292ab36900199dd33480451fab81b42.jpeg

• Like 1

Medina vs Robinson, Vaast vs Correa in dude's surfing semi-finals.

I'm picking Medina and Vaast to advance with Medina taking gold.  I know fuck all about this other than Medina is the dude in the most badass sports pic of all time and Vaast surfs this particular wave every day.  That's got to count for something.

8 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

My best guess is they are trying to recapture some of the amazing viewership from the AND1 phenomenon, and this version is as close as they can get. 

Redbull's View and History of 3-3

Is it marketing PR stunts, a chance for non-college bound great players, or just silliness that caught on... maybe a litte of all 3.

But I'm not interested in watching it, at all.

Someone watched white men can't jump and thought this would be 50% more awesome

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I’m sure this has been addressed so forgive me…

What happened to the classical Olympic Theme Music? The kettle drums….daaaaah daaaah da da da da dah dah da dah da da da da da daddaddaa

????

You mean the one that goes:

Thissssss
Isssssss
The Olym-pic so-ng
You always hear the music, but you never hear the words.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

jara-malcom.gif.0117a1b15dece457b7989119e7763bae.gif

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

They should have made this guy a racewalking judge because I’m seeing a lot of people lifting their feet off the ground.

IMG_6605.jpeg.5cceb6eb255ef7cb200769703a3d02a5.jpeg

Yes. Joke made. 

i am absolutely loving the background setting for all these events, it's really just breathtaking...Les Invalides, Conciergerie, Le Grand Palais, La Tour Eiffel, Versailles...i mean gotdamn did they just do something absolutely incroyable in Paris! 

Snoop touring the Louvre is quintessentially American, love it! 😆

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trampoline in a few short hours!

set those alarm clocks for 5am

• Women's Qualification: 6 a.m. ET on Peacock and NBCOlympics.com
  • Women's Final: 7:50 a.m. ET on USA Network, Peacock and NBCOlympics.com
  • Men's Qualification: 12 p.m. ET on E!, Peacock and NBCOlympics.com
  • Men's Final: 1:45 p.m. ET on USA Network, Peacock and NBCOlympics.com

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

What happened to the classical Olympic Theme Music? The kettle drums….daaaaah daaaah da da da da dah dah da dah da da da da da daddaddaa

????

I asked that as well like on day 2. Usually there’s the drums and games of the xx Olympiad brought to you by McDonald’s proud sponsor of team USA going into every commercial

Seems like it’s totally been benched

Finally saw clips of the race walking you guys been talking about... yeah not like one is cheating... couldn't find a single one who isn't cheating.

No reason this needs to continue to be an Olympic event going forward. It's either slow running or a messed up game of Red Light, Green Light with no judge.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

????

Guessing they didn’t reach an agreement with whoever the composer is to renew the rights?

Thankfully, with nbc being part of the new NBA deal they were smart enough to pay ol John Tesh so we will be hearing this again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Finally saw clips of the race walking you guys been talking about... yeah not like one is cheating... couldn't find a single one who isn't cheating.

No reason this needs to continue to be an Olympic event going forward. It's either slow running or a messed up game of Red Light, Green Light with no judge.

Going to need special sensors on the shoes that add a +2 second penalty for each infraction. 

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Brits win gold in Team equestrian. US gets Silver.

That was clutch by the last British horse.  Had to go clean with no rails knocked down for the gold and did.  Deserves some extra sweet feed tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1