2024 Paris Olympics

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve spent the last several days totally lost until I just saw this post. I have the Olympic app and while it shows the US events, it doesn’t show tv coverage. I kept thinking NBC would be the “hub” of Olympic coverage, providing summaries of what is happening at the moment in different sports, and clarifying channel coverage, but for the most part they just cover events like every other channel. I kept missing stuff like golf. I had no idea it was on the golf channel. 

That leaderboard is getting stacked!

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dumb question:  how does golf handle ties in the top 3 spots on the leaderboard after 72 holes?

Sudden death playoff to break whatever ties they need to between 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Skeet shooting, Americans got gold and silver, guy who won gold it was his fourth gold medal.  The accuracy and speed on their shooting was pretty amazing. 

Just watched the medal rounds. That was cool as fuck. And the kid that took silver is his student. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Skeet shooting, Americans got gold and silver, guy who won gold it was his fourth gold medal.  The accuracy and speed on their shooting was pretty amazing. 

Watching the replay waiting for the evening T&F session.

this is awesome 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 8:14 PM, Brisketexan said:

Would I watch an Olympic Pop-a-Shot competition? Probably.
Skee-ball, too.

Tug of war

Hot air ballooning

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Posted for the third time now across various threads. You guys are really obsessed with that vaulter's dick.

It's a fuckin 24 oz cured salami

1 minute ago, beer said:

As would hot air ballooning

Interesting, I didn't know that.  I'm not sure how one could make a competition out of that, but I'd watch at least once.  It might be more interesting if they did a Joe Kittinger competition for a medal, that'd be cool.  

33 minutes ago, pops said:

Just watched the medal rounds. That was cool as fuck. And the kid that took silver is his student. 

31 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Watching the replay waiting for the evening T&F session.

this is awesome 

I mean I could barely see the skeet on tv until they shot them and the powder shout out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well don't let the South Korean archers anywhere near that.  

That is why I said no bows.

And only indigenous people can shoot/throw them. This way Eskimos, Brazilian tribes, and folk from Papau New Guinea type places also get a chance to medal.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Peacock keeps cutting away to another movie promo right when something cool is about to happen, I’m going to lose my shit.  What is the purpose of going super premium if you still get fucking ads at the worst times?

You didn’t get super premium +. A $3.99 add on

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Equestrian events with Versailles as the backdrop. Badass. 

The cross country a couple of days ago where they were riding all over the grounds going up and down hills, through the woods, through fountains, and doing jumps was badass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

The cross country a couple of days ago where they were riding all over the grounds going up and down hills, through the woods, through fountains, and doing jumps was badass.

Highlights starting at 50 seconds on this video

https://www.nbcolympics.com/videos/paris-olympics-sees-historic-equestrian-eventing-competition

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Show me where US swimmers have been busted repeatedly for doping then you can try and make this post. (It is as annoying to see some of the Russian swimmers coming in under different flag due to their doping)

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/20/world/asia/chinese-swimmers-doping-olympics.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna164541

https://apnews.com/article/olympics-china-doping-wada-62ab2a4cceacc180f6ca7b1d0633fe01

Right, as stated in those articles they’ve been tested more than anyone else because of 3 years ago; and they were cleared. If you don’t think everyone is taking shortcuts within the detectable guidelines you’re willfully ignorant. They’re just better at it right now, except not really because we have 16 more medals than them. Don’t hate the player hate the game.

Edited by Hank_Hill