2024 Paris Olympics

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Kristen Faulkner is quite an impressive young woman. She’s from the boonies, went to Harvard, was a top notch rower there, got into investment banking, took up cycling as a hobby, won a gold medal. Wow. 

Can't hide talent. She's only been riding for like 10 years too

48 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Julien is now the fastest woman in the world

She's the Olympic gold medal champion, but her PB is not the fastest time among active runners.  Richardson, Thompson-Herah and Fraser-Pryce have all run faster times.

5 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Wrong thread. Should be in swimming. 

My bad 

One of the heats in the women's steeplechase had spots 4,5,6 settled by 0.01 sec.  Top five spots qualified for the finals so one woman got squeezed out by the slimmest of margins over 3,000m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

She's the Olympic gold medal champion, but her PB is not the fastest time among active runners.  Richardson, Thompson-Herah and Fraser-Pryce have all run faster times.

Wind aided? 

Cuz if it’s a race Julien was not gonna lose. Fast pushes faster 💪🏻🤘🏼

Kristen Faulkner is quite an impressive young woman. She’s from the boonies, went to Harvard, was a top notch rower there, got into investment banking, took up cycling as a hobby, won a gold medal. Wow. 

What a fucking win. That last push with a few klicks left just crushed the leaders. They just slowed down to a leisurely ride. Faulkner looked like Secretariat she was so far ahead. Good for her. She was I. This race by accident. She’s there as a track cyclist which is her love as it’s more like rowing to her.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I was really pulling for la reina de badminton.

🏸 🇪🇸 v 🇨🇳 🏸

And just like that, she goes down and probably is out with a knee injury. 

Up 1 game and 10:5 in the second. 

Carolina Marin 😢

9 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Wonder if Connie and Rebecca were watching. Last I heard of Twigg she was homeless in Seattle.6dedffb8a65adf67de32af5ba01b67f4.jpg

Yeah Twigg has had a rough time. Pretty sad to see. I'm sure Carpenter was watching though!

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That's not how it works. Whomever wins the World Championships or Olympics gets billed as the fastest man/woman in the world ... until the next World Championships or Olympics.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I was really pulling for la reina de badminton.

🏸 🇪🇸 v 🇨🇳 🏸

And just like that, she goes down and probably is out with a knee injury. 

Up 1 game and 10:5 in the second. 

Carolina Marin 😢

She gave it a go with a knee sleeve for a few points and is now wailing on the edge of the court and she is forced to retire. 

Gutted for her and hate to see China 🇨🇳 advance to the goals medal match.