2024 Paris Olympics

14 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Bro owned a Yamaha dealership in Hot Springs and we rode all over The Ouachitas and Ozarks.

1) Your brother likely fucked an ex of mine. He can have that psychopath.

2) Eddie Lawson FTW, we won't start that entire debate here to save us both from getting negged to Bolivia

3) Agreed on the bigger points. 

4) The End. 😉

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Am I a miserable human being for not giving a single, solitary fuck about the paralympics?

Some of these fucked up girls are gonna be pretty hot.

You’re missing out on hours of disturbed fantasies if you don’t watch the Paralympic Games.

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn those pesky doped up Chinese athletes aren’t giving away the gold medal lead easily.  We were up yesterday by 2 when I checked.  

IMG_6969.jpeg

Tara about to get us tied back up 

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn those pesky doped up Chinese athletes aren’t giving away the gold medal lead easily.  We were up yesterday by 2 when I checked.  

IMG_6969.jpeg

Tara about to get us tied back up 

21 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What events left can they medal in?

I think there's still blindfold diving, synchronized blindfold diving, mixed doubles blindfold diving, stand on one foot diving, stand on one foot blindfold diving, mixed doubles stand on one foot diving, etc.  i.e. lot of diving medals still out there for the Chinamens.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

What events left can they medal in?

I’m no Kornacki, but I am wearing khakis today.

my unscientific answer: still too close to call.

there is a bunch of canoe and kayak left …and breakdancing hasn’t even started…but I’m not about to start figuring out how much of a threat the Chinese are in those.

they are in the finals/going for gold in a handful of events:

women’s 50kg and 66kg boxing

men’s and women’s team ping pong 

women’s field hockey

They could make noise in women’s shot put.

But I’m hoping our remaining chances on the track, men’s basketball, women’s volleyball outweigh all of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

We're excited for LA 2028 already!! Here's a round-up of some of the amazing venues that will host events at the Los Angeles Games in 4 years time 👇

1. Swimming at SoFi Stadium
2. Athletics at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
3. Basketball at the Intuit Dome
4. Gymnastics at the Crypto Arena
5. Canoe Slalom at the Whitewater Centre in Oklahoma
6. Diving at the 1932 Pool in Exposition Park
7. Sailing from Belmont Shore in Long Beach
8. Rowing at the Marine Stadium in Long Beach

📷 LA 2028

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Don’t know why NBC did an hour of diving on prime time when there was so much more for the US today. 

It’s the worst.

i don’t understand why it’s still in top rotation of Olympic events that they feel they have to devote such a significance percentage of primetime coverage to 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We're excited for LA 2028 already!! Here's a round-up of some of the amazing venues that will host events at the Los Angeles Games in 4 years time 👇

1. Swimming at SoFi Stadium
2. Athletics at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
3. Basketball at the Intuit Dome
4. Gymnastics at the Crypto Arena
5. Canoe Slalom at the Whitewater Centre in Oklahoma
6. Diving at the 1932 Pool in Exposition Park
7. Sailing from Belmont Shore in Long Beach
8. Rowing at the Marine Stadium in Long Beach

📷 LA 2028

Imagine being a bad as canoer, qualifying for the Olympics in glitzy Los Angeles then being shipped off to Oklahoma.

Also, what’s the betting line that the gymnastics arena has a different name by 2028?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I think there's still blindfold diving, synchronized blindfold diving, mixed doubles blindfold diving, stand on one foot diving, stand on one foot blindfold diving, mixed doubles stand on one foot diving, etc.  i.e. lot of diving medals still out there for the Chinamens.

Not the preferred nomenclature. Asian…uh, Asian, please. 

30 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Imagine being a bad as canoer, qualifying for the Olympics in glitzy Los Angeles then being shipped off to Oklahoma.

Also, what’s the betting line that the gymnastics arena has a different name by 2028?

Man, no kidding.

how did Oklahoma City of all places land that? They got softball too.

I guess they are really holding tight to being able to say no new permanent venues are being built for the Games for the first time ever.

33 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Officially it’ll be called “ARENA DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES, CA” or something like that during the Olympics. They don’t refer to the sponsor names on the venues

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Man, no kidding.

how did Oklahoma City of all places land that? They got softball too.

I guess they are really holding tight to being able to say no new permanent venues are being built for the Games for the first time ever.

I just looked it up:

”Los Angeles, CA” to Oklahoma City = 1,328* miles

Paris, France to Minsk, Belarus = 1,338 miles

*Santa Monica, which is the closest beach to downtown LA, is 15 miles west on the 10 (I-10), so the OKC location to what should be the kayaking is 1,343 miles.

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Kevin Durant, on patriotism, and playing for Team USA: “A lot of bullshit happens in our country. But a lot of great things happen, too.”

They should hang that quote in schools.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

My coworker was a diver at Michigan. She told me a teammate hit her head on the platform and scalped herself. Dangerous sport.

About 30 years ago a diver (maybe Russian?) was killed after hitting head on platform.  That platform is insanely high. Before all sorts of legal restrictions we would go to Point Mallard which was nearby and they had a platform. No way you didn;t go off it after climbing up there in front of your friends. For no apparent reason none of us ruptured a spleen or liver hitting the water. You also quickly learned to grab your crotch.

One thing I've confirmed throughout these Olympics for certain is the following:

If I am unable to manage to align and build a relationship with a US Track and Field female athlete, I'm going to have to move. It saddens me, but clearly from my own personal travel and the Olympic teams I'm going to need to move to South America, most likely Brazil but Argentina and Venezuela aren't out of the question. 

I'm not eliminating moving back to my family country of Italy, but, cost of living and "opportunity" seems greater in South America. Now they just need to get rid of those asshole dictators down that way.

42 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

One thing I've confirmed throughout these Olympics for certain is the following:

If I am unable to manage to align and build a relationship with a US Track and Field female athlete, I'm going to have to move. It saddens me, but clearly from my own personal travel and the Olympic teams I'm going to need to move to South America, most likely Brazil but Argentina and Venezuela aren't out of the question. 

I'm not eliminating moving back to my family country of Italy, but, cost of living and "opportunity" seems greater in South America. Now they just need to get rid of those asshole dictators down that way.

1- You are thinking wrong. Go to a country WITHOUT strong olympics, become a "life trainer" and teach them your ways. There are hotties in all the countries. Stay out of the high altitude cities unless you like llamas and oompa loompa looking chicks.

2- Not that may dictators left, but yeah, most of the presidents are assholes. Get used to it, it is ingrained in the culture.

3- Happy to serve as an advisor/translator for your adventures.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

1- You are thinking wrong. Go to a country WITHOUT strong olympics, become a "life trainer" and teach them your ways. There are hotties in all the countries. Stay out of the high altitude cities unless you like llamas and oompa loompa looking chicks.

2- Not that may dictators left, but yeah, most of the presidents are assholes. Get used to it, it is ingrained in the culture.

3- Happy to serve as an advisor/translator for your adventures.

So you're telling me I should move to Oblivion? It looks like a really nice country and I've never been. 

Just now, BurntEyes said:

So you're telling me I should move to Oblivion? It looks like a really nice country and I've never been. 

Santa Cruz de la Cierra is bad ass. Hot women, good food (Bolivian/Brazilian mix) and a lot of kick ass nature. Plus all the Jungas marching powder a bored Stock Broker could want.

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Santa Cruz de la Cierra is bad ass. Hot women, good food (Bolivian/Brazilian mix) and a lot of kick ass nature. Plus all the Jungas marching powder a bored Stock Broker could want.

I've got it, we will be the 2028 coaches for the Oblivian Female Flag "Football" team. I'm sure the name is going to create some confusion so I'm glad I'll have you there to translate for me. 

From Urban Park in Santa Cruz de la Cierra I've come up with our team "mascot"

Screenshot_20240809_084721_Maps.thumb.jpg.c891a2b754e9b81ee09607390787c6a5.jpg

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

About 30 years ago a diver (maybe Russian?) was killed after hitting head on platform.  That platform is insanely high. Before all sorts of legal restrictions we would go to Point Mallard which was nearby and they had a platform. No way you didn;t go off it after climbing up there in front of your friends. For no apparent reason none of us ruptured a spleen or liver hitting the water. You also quickly learned to grab your crotch.

Yep, Russian dude.  Dead before he hit the water.  Hit your head on the springboard a la Greg Louganis and get stitches.  Hit it on the platform and get a body bag.  I remember watching a female diver go off the platform and slap her hair on the concrete.  She had SHORT hair.  I about lost my lunch.

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t think it’s sport but is pretty cool as dance. 

The throw the hula hoop with backspin so it comes back to you then kick it 40 feet in the air move was sick

36 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Was hoping Manhattan Beach would get Beach Volleyball but they're gonna build something in Santa Monica which should be a cool backdrop. My girl's place is a 5 minute walk to the MB pier

The traffic/parking logistics for Beach Volleyball in Manhattan Beach would be unworkable.

Unless they expected the spectators to be bussed in or arriving via bicycles, blades, or skateboards via The Strand, they would need several fleets of tow trucks at the ready to keep Manhattan Beach moving.

I would expect the venue to be north of the SM Pier, yet south of the “90210 Beach Club”.

9 minutes ago, MinerProphet said:

More of a sport than breakdancing tho.

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

The throw the hula hoop with backspin so it comes back to you then kick it 40 feet in the air move was sick

For roughly two decades, I have felt that Rhythmic Gymnastics has basically been a judged audition for 6 month stints as a sex toy for Middle Eastern sheiks and other international oligarchs.

….and I am both jealous and yet appreciative that I am allowed to view the audition process.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t think it’s sport but is pretty cool as dance. 

Didn't bother to watch at first, because artistic gymnastics.  But, after so many comments, I watched.  Glad I did, that was very impressive, and the fact that she represents Ukraine makes it that much more rewarding!

• Drool 1

This sprint cycling in velodrome is cool but i have no clue why riders just don’t go all out at start. The loop isn’t that long. This whole wait til last lap to get moving doesn’t make sense. 
I am sure there is some strategy/valid reason for it but just seems like aggressive riding would win day

16 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

This sprint cycling in velodrome is cool but i have no clue why riders just don’t go all out at start. The loop isn’t that long. This whole wait til last lap to get moving doesn’t make sense. 
I am sure there is some strategy/valid reason for it but just seems like aggressive riding would win day

Look up “Lactic acid”.