2024 Paris Olympics

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It's not fair, the fucking Norwegians get a drive by competition in the winter Olympics, we need ATVs and a gallon of hooch in this competition.  

"Skiing is not a sport, it is how a Swede gets to the fucking 7-11." Jim Tom Pinch, You Gotta Play Hurt.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I wonder why the last several Olympics have actively tried to keep the best athletes on earth from fucking? Don't we need them to cancel out Sarah Shitstain & her 8 kids from 8 different baby daddies?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Christ. This NBC prime time show is awful. It’s always been awful. Remember when this was the only way to get the Olympics and we had to deal with it? I am so glad this isn’t how I am forced to watch anymore. 

It’s actually good if you’re trying to appeal to as many different demographic groups/ pop culture as they are.

for actually watching the Games, yeah, of course it’s awful.

"Skiing is not a sport, it is how a Swede gets to the fucking 7-11." Jim Tom Pinch, You Gotta Play Hurt.

Joachim Ronneberg begs to differ. It’s what you do on your way to and from blowing up a secret German facility. Blow it up, ski all the way to Sweden.

e074e150bda75f7a3488b20d522df88e.jpg

When it comes to skiing and killing people in combination, the Norwegians and Finns deserve their top spots.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I’m really disappointed by Peacock’s tech especially when it comes to things like replays. They’re lazy. I shouldn’t have to watch a full 8 hour video to watch the one part of the broadcast I want. They should automatically be saved off as individual VODs that I can consume. Even Twitch has stuff like this figured out. 

16 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

The officials fucked up the start of the women’s triathlon and no one seemed to care.

It’s gotta be skeevy swimming in that river after all of those failed tests.

Acid Robocop GIF by DJ CHIMO BAYO
it’ll be fine

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Fencing. I’ll never understand it, but it looks cool?

MIL was one of the highest rated fencers in the world for a few years, and my knowledge of the sport is still limited to there are 2 people trying to stab each other.

Posted (edited)

Gold zone is legit. Basically NFL red zone but with gold medal events. They swing around and show the important stuff. Its even anchored by Siciliano and Scott Hanson.

You like the octo box? Try the ten box.

Edited by Pam Cummings

39 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Gold zone is legit. Basically NFL red zone but with gold medal events. They swing around and show the important stuff. Its even anchored by Siciliano and Scott Hanson.

You like the octo box? Try the ten box.

Is that on the peacock app?

Watching the triathlon replay. Having done about a dozen Olympic and half distances in a river I have no clue why the fuck they would do for Olympics. Swimming upstream is fucking miserable.  Add in the fact they are swimming in the sewer 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Watching the triathlon replay. Having done about a dozen Olympic and half distances in a river I have no clue why the fuck they would do for Olympics. Swimming upstream is fucking miserable.  Add in the fact they are swimming in the sewer 

Absolutely this. Open water swimming sucks enough on its own. Having shit and upstream to fight would suck

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, randomhorn said:

I’m really disappointed by Peacock’s tech especially when it comes to things like replays. They’re lazy. I shouldn’t have to watch a full 8 hour video to watch the one part of the broadcast I want. They should automatically be saved off as individual VODs that I can consume. Even Twitch has stuff like this figured out. 

I don’t like how the rewind/ff doesn’t have any sort of preview. If you want to go back a few minutes to rewatch something you’re just shooting totally blind. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, tokamak said:

No offense to anyone but Judo is kinda boring. Just two people trying to grab each other. Then they occasionally fall on the floor and lay there for a minute.

The Venn diagram of super drunk married sex and judo has considerably more overlap when put this way than I initially thought.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Are there any decent radio options?

I’ve found iHeart partnered with NBC but so far all I’ve found is that they are simulcasting the TV broadcast.

worthless when you actually need the action described “and here he goes….., ohhhhhh!”

Just now, AbeFroman said:

To make everybody run uphill to finish a Triathlon is borderline diabolical. 

That does it.

Im never going to participate in a triathlon in protest and solidarity with these guys.

You are all welcome for my selfless protest and sacrifice.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Deej said:

"I didn't shit myself, I was swimming in the Seine."

"What's that smell?" 

-Oh, that would be me.  I've been swimming in raw sewage.  I love it.  I love it!"   (Lnielsen, 1992 Silver medalist, triathlon) 

• Haha 2