Termites

I seem to have been caught up in a swarm last night and killed a bunch of these fuckers on my kitchen counter, which faces an outside wall. Guess they came through a gap in the window. Clean them up and move on or should I call out for treatment?

IMG_6880.jpeg

This happened to our house a few years ago.  One day I walk into the TV room and there's at least a hundred of them dead throughout the room.  The nest was in a corner, behind a shelf, so I had no idea anything was going on back there.  When I moved the shelf, there was actually a soft spot/hole in the sheetrock.  I found, what I assumed to be, the entry point on the outside of the house.  I used something called Taurus SC per a recommendation - probably someone on here.  Anyway, sprayed in and around the gap in the bricks (outside).  Seemed to work as I haven't seen anything in years now.  

To add, I'm pretty freaking far from an expert.  I think my issue was a simple fix because I knew exactly where the infested area was, as well as the entry point.  I actually observed a termite crawl right into the hole on the outside.  A more widespread infestation probably would not be affected by my fix.

49 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

@VirginiaLonghorn looks to be correct.

Termites aren't narrow in the middle. And ants have elbowed antenna. Termites straight.

We had them once.  They appeared as a swarm … like overnight.  The exterminator identified them as carpenter ants and located their home in damp wood under a window sill.  He treated all of our windows by drilling holes thru the sills and squirting insecticide inside the cavities.  Each hole was then filled with a dowel.  Never saw them again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 7:12 AM, gofuckyourself said:

@VirginiaLonghorn looks to be correct.

Termites aren't narrow in the middle. And ants have elbowed antenna. Termites straight.

Y’all win the door prize. Exterminator came by today and verified. They were only flying ants looking for a new place to set up camp.

• Like 1