Can Florida win 4 games?

ztejas

Florida's o/u sits at 4.5. Call their win total.  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Florida's record in 2024...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/24 at 10:05 PM

Posted (edited)

Just saw that the Gators o/u is sitting at 4.5 currently. I'd ask if they can win 5 games - but they already went 5-7 last season and face maybe the toughest schedule we've seen in recent history.

Here's their schedule:

8/31 - Miami

9/7 - Samford 

9/14 - aggy

9/21 - @ Miss St.

10/5 - UCF

10/12 - @ Tennessee 

10/19 - UK

11/2 - @ Georgia

11/9 - @ Texas

11/16 - LSU

11/23 - Ole Miss

11/30 - @ FSU

Edited by ztejas

Posted (edited)

Copy and paste from the Tell me about Florida thread. Didn't see this one prior to posting.

Hmmm, I think they could/will be favored or at least it will be a close line on:

Samford

aggie

@MSU

UCF

Ole Miss

@FSU

They get what, on paper, appears to be their toughest games at home save FSU which, yes a rival but I think FSU is going to be a dumpster fire.

I think 6-7 wins isn't out of the question, though, I admit neither is 4.

I wouldn't bet this line either way, personally. They have some paper tigers on their schedule AND they are pretty bad. Hence, I voted 4-8. 

Edited by BurntEyes

Posted (edited)

The Georgia, @Texas b2b is just brutal. They lost 5 straight to end last season - if they don't have 4 wins going into UGA I'm not sure they get there.*

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The @Georgia, @Texas b2b is just brutal. They lost 5 straight to end last season - if they don't have 4 wins going into Athens I'm not sure they get there. 

Pretty sure they aren’t playing in Athens.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Pretty sure they aren’t playing in Athens.

Thanks - forgot that one is a neutral site game. 

42 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

If you squint hard enough at that schedule I can easily see them at 7-0 going into the Cocktail Party.

There is no way in fuck Florida is winning all 7 of those. 

I think you can bet the over vegas set the line at 4.5 games.   

The problems are as follows:

1) The Oline...  if we have one things will be OK, not great, but OK.  But for the past few years, we've sucked up front.

2) Special Teams...  I'm losing my got damned mind that the Gata STILL doesn't have a special teams coordinator.  (that might have changed with the new coaches ruling) But holy hell we've be garbage on special teams

3) Offensive play calling is so predictable and conservative...  roll out to the right much? 

4) Bend and then break defense...  can' get teams off the field

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Why would be so sure they'll beat the Aggies?

It's a road game for A&M and they have a pretty disgraceful SEC road losing streak. I didn't know the opinion of Florida was so low, so what's the reasoning?

Just now, RomaVicta said:

It's a road game for A&M and they have a pretty disgraceful SEC road losing streak. I didn't know the opinion of Florida was so low, so what's the reasoning?

They also play Samford 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Toughest schedule in the nation + the Gata is still getting the hang of paying players

3 hours ago, locodos said:

I think you can bet the over vegas set the line at 4.5 games.   

The problems are as follows:

1) The Oline...  if we have one things will be OK, not great, but OK.  But for the past few years, we've sucked up front.

2) Special Teams...  I'm losing my got damned mind that the Gata STILL doesn't have a special teams coordinator.  (that might have changed with the new coaches ruling) But holy hell we've be garbage on special teams

3) Offensive play calling is so predictable and conservative...  roll out to the right much? 

4) Bend and then break defense...  can' get teams off the field

Well other than the  issues you cited with offense, defense and special teams, are there any other issues of concern? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Florida can beat Miami. Mario Cristobal is a fucking moron and can be beat. 

Depending on the line, I could pretty easily see myself taking Florida in their first 7 games.

And I do NOT think Florida is a worth a shit.

50 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Seeing how surly does this annually with aggy.  Florida is prob winning 9-10 games 

This is the kind of karma I can get behind!

I haven't voted in the poll, bad juju, but I'm expecting a 5-7 type season and fingers crossed all you Nostradomuses (Nostradomi?) are accurate.

In Nashville for a convention and went to some party at Pullman Standard, an upscale craft cocktail bar.  wound up chatting with some guy who i very late found out practiced in Decatur - which I found out as he and his ugly wife were about to get in an Uber (as I was waiting for my Uber to take me and some buds to an Italian restaurant. )

I told the guy ‘nice to meet you’ and “Go Gators”.   He turned and asked me how I “liked being a part of a shit program?”. 

I replied “I would not know Mutt…. I’ve never been a Georgia student.  That’s a lovely wife you have there.”

IMG_2987.gif.0153f65e49744e0f92dad29a624f1e19.gif

• Haha 2

Mertz is a gamer but wearing 15 is insane. 
He’s gonna get a career ending injury trying to go for broke diving for a first down or something. Then I think we are fine getting DJ some experience. He’s still green but he’s gotta get thrown in there sometime. 

6 wins

LSU or ole piss will be a dub

same with tennishit or kentucky 

DJ-Lagway-Billy-Napier-Florida.jpg

that said, if the defense keeps sucking shit get rid of short bus

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Zeus said:

Mertz is a gamer but wearing 15 is insane. 
He’s gonna get a career ending injury trying to go for broke diving for a first down or something. Then I think we are fine getting DJ some experience. He’s still green but he’s gotta get thrown in there sometime. 

6 wins

LSU or ole piss will be a dub

same with tennishit or kentucky 

DJ-Lagway-Billy-Napier-Florida.jpg

that said, if the defense keeps sucking shit get rid of short bus

6 wouldn't be crazy but I think there's a real chance that the team half-quits and the wheels fall off after b2b (theoretical) ass-whippings against UGA and Texas.

Obviously it's Florida - they should have enough talent to surprise someone (hopefully not Texas). Just not sure how confident I am in them handling the Miami/UCF/aggy portion of the schedule, let alone a road trip to Starkville.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I dont know if it is in stone yet, but I heard Atlanta this year and Orlando next year. 

It will be for the 2026 and 2027 seasons that they will need to move the game due to stadium renovations in Jax.

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Just saw that the Gators o/u is sitting at 4.5 currently. I'd ask if they can win 5 games - but they already went 5-7 last season and face maybe the toughest schedule we've seen in recent history.

Here's their schedule:

8/31 - Miami

9/7 - Samford 

9/14 - aggy

9/21 - @ Miss St.

10/5 - UCF

10/12 - @ Tennessee 

10/19 - UK

11/2 - @ Georgia

11/9 - @ Texas

11/16 - LSU

11/23 - Ole Miss

11/30 - @ FSU

Shittts.   I think the only guaranteed are Samford and MSU.    I'd put Miami/UCF/Kentucky at 50/50.    4.5 seems like a blessing.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

It will be for the 2026 and 2027 seasons that they will need to move the game due to stadium renovations in Jax.

Oh gotcha.  I thought it was for 24 and 25. They were talking about Northwestern not playing at home this year and I just took it as neither was that game.