[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Run him for POTUS?  

I think he's brilliant  I'd vote for him in a second, but most white male americans?  

9ef9e442-a0d2-4d52-b09b-f2283c832c05_tex

He’d be good in almost any role. I agree the Sec’y of State job would fortify his bona fides, but there risks that Republican controlled chambers would do to him what they did to Hillary and Susan Rice. All they know to do his hold investigative hearings and yell at witnesses.

29 minutes ago, Pods said:

Obama is so fucking frustrating. He shouldn't endorse anyone yet, but he should have been in front of every camera that would put him on talking about the GOP threat to democracy and how whether it's Biden/Harris/Any other Dem, it doesn't matter. 

Project 2025, Agenda 47 and the threat a religious radical dominated Supreme Court represents to the American way of life.  That matters. Any Democratic presidential candidate represents a vote for democracy and against fascism. That matters. Who that candidate is, does not. 

Obama is a gifted orator and he could be making a HUGE difference right now, but he has never taken the right wing threat seriously enough. 

I get the optics as well, but if people think a vote for Biden, or Harris, means Obama is really running things, that probably helps their odds of being elected. 

You don't play your ace in the hole until the timing is right.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Anyway, two wild ideas for VP: 

1. Buttigieg - Political Dawgs- why not?

2. Manchin (maybe that is why he is flipping back to D, wants to be VP). I hate the asshole, but he might be good for picking up votes from moderates. 

If Harris wins, it’s likely a 50/50 senate And he would not vote to break the tie on eliminating the filibuster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Anyway, two wild ideas for VP: 

1. Buttigieg - Political Dawgs- why not?

2. Manchin (maybe that is why he is flipping back to D, wants to be VP). I hate the asshole, but he might be good for picking up votes from moderates. 

He’s an ego driven snake and no president should be stupid enough to trust him.

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

You don't play your ace in the hole until the timing is right.  

I agree, but I think we're there.  Early voting starts in 61 days, on Sept 20th. Voter registrations start closing about a week after that. With 106 days left until the last legitimate election any of may ever see, the Democrats are somehow behind for President, House and Senate.

Fullcourt press on Project 2025 from here on out is our best play. Thanks to badasses like Taraji P. Henson, Project 2025 is really close to breaking out into widespread public knowledge. Our best shot to win is to accelerate that. 

I'm not worried about it being too early. If we can get people to realize Trump and the GOP means no birth control, no abortion, no divorce without permission, higher taxes, higher prescriptions drug prices, unlimited mouse shit in your cereal, fuck the environment and Palestine, along with Christofascists in your kids classrooms and your bedroom, that's something they'll remember through this election. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Slept on it, woke up and feel even better now. This is the only thing that could have possibly jolted the democrat's campaign. This is like sending in Major Applewhite in relief of Chris Simms. I don't care specifically that it's Kamala Harris, I'm just glad the democrats are doing anything they can to try and win this election, rather than just going on tradition in conventional wisdom. Times are changing, polls are misleading, and the stakes are too high to pussy foot around and not get nuts. I love the fight this is showing.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

If Harris wins, it’s likely a 50/50 senate And he would not vote to break the tie on eliminating the filibuster. 

Lol that the other 50 senators would be open to breaking the filibuster. Some stupid numb nuts won’t agree to it. 

16 hours ago, immamac said:

Imagine being so stupid that you don't understand how an open or brokered  convention works

Imagine being so stupid that you don’t understand that primaries are how voters of a party get to democratically decide who the nominee is but, because he is polling bad, the party pushes him out and replaces him with the candidate of the choice of a few individuals.

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

Imagine being so stupid that you don’t understand that primaries are how voters of a party get to democratically decide who the nominee is but, because he is polling bad, the party pushes him out and replaces him with the candidate of the choice of a few individuals.

What are vice presidents for?

23 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

What happened to you that makes you think this way? Seriously I am interested in knowing how you warp reality to fit a narrative like this. 

• Haha 1

Yes, I chuckle at the right clutching their pearls over Kamala getting the nomination when the entire idea was she would be taking over if Biden couldn't complete his next term. If you voted for that ticket to remain then you were fine with her taking over if Biden had to step down or passed away. He did the former so why is this an issue?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Can I say how fucking stupid and contradictory the term "DEI oligarchs" are. An oligarchy is exclusionary by fucking definition, how can you be a diverse and inclusive oligarch? You are a fucking moron.

These are the same water heads that have called me an "antifa fascist" without a trace of irony

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

These are the same water heads that have called me an "antifa fascist" without a trace of irony

I still maintain you should petition for a username change to captainantifa 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

Imagine being so stupid that you posted this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

What happened to you that makes you think this way? Seriously I am interested in knowing how you warp reality to fit a narrative like this. 

Sports team politics. That guys doesn't give a fuck about any of the things he's complaining about, he's merely saying them because it scores points for his team. You cannot seriously be going on and on about a fucking "coup" and subverting the will of voters when you're banging the drum for Donald "January 5th" Trump. They see it as a chance to "steal a point back" on their stupid scoreboard, so they twist themselves into pretzels to try and mirror reality to offset it. Which is why it's pointless to even talk to dipshits like that, they don't believe in anything so there's nothing to be convinced.

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

Imagine being so stupid that you can’t realize the same voters of a party who voted to nominate Joe are the exact same ones who have been contacting their congressfolk to tell them they want someone else. Those same voters can also change their mind based on new information. That’s how democracy works. 

Sark is allowed to change his mind and go with Arch if he knows Quinn is sucking ass. He isn’t required to stay with Quinn the whole game or season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

the same voters of a party who voted to nominate Joe are the exact same ones who have been contacting their congressfolk to tell them they want someone else. Those same voters can also change their mind based on new information. That’s how democracy works. 

This is the crux of it. This is how democracy should work, but it rarely ever does. The constituents (us) were exposed to new information, and we requested that the politicians that we voted for act quickly and decisively for what we feel is in the best interest of this country. 

And they did it. I'm still a little flabbergasted that they did. I was honestly preparing myself for 4 more months of gaslighting from the White House about the President's condition, precedent, incumbency advantage, and best chances.

Unifying in lock step behind a leader that you know is unfit is some GOP shit.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

And?

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is the crux of it. This is how democracy should work, but it rarely ever does. The constituents (us) were exposed to new information, and we requested that the politicians that we voted for act quickly and decisively for what we feel is in the best interest of this country. 

And they did it. I'm still a little flabbergasted that they did. I was honestly preparing myself for 4 more months of gaslighting from the White House about the President's condition, precedent, incumbency advantage, and best chances.

Unifying in lock step behind a leader that you know is unfit is some GOP shit.

It can't be stated enough how gratifying this change in leadership is compared to what Trump did. Biden just willingly gave up the nomination for what he thought was best for the country. I don't know if I've ever seen another politician do this. It's especially in contrast to the way Trump pathetically and desperately tried to stay in power. If this election ever was about decorum and referrendum on behavior and willingness to heed to the will of the people, one party just showed me loud and clear that they're the party to vote for. I would have voted for Biden in a heartbeat, but this move honestly thrills me. I'm a Biden supporter who is *more* amped up because of this.

• Hook 'Em 2

I know this shit shouldn't matter, but politics is just as much a popularity contest as any other, and looks matter. And with that said, Kamala has to be the best looking presidential candidate ever. She's genuinely attractive. Decades, and decades of advertising wisdom saying that beautiful people are winners, surely this has to help Harris. She doesn't just look decades younger than Trump, she makes him look like a lumpy half-filled burlap sack of horse shit.

Screenshot_20240722_075551.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I know this shit shouldn't matter, but politics is just as much a popularity contest as any other, and looks matter. And with that said, Kamala has to be the best looking presidential candidate ever. She's genuinely attractive. Decades, and decades of advertising wisdom saying that beautiful people are winners, surely this has to help Harris. She doesn't just look decades younger than Trump, she makes him look like a lumpy half-filled overflowing burlap sack of horse shit.

Screenshot_20240722_075551.png

Fify.

Also, she is more Indian looking to me than African.  She's still a "brown," but as far as racists go, I'd think looking more actually African-black would be a bigger hindrance (see, e.g. Michele Obama), not that that subtlety will make any difference to the racists.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fify.

Also, she is more Indian looking to me than African.  She's still a "brown," but as far as racists go, I'd think looking more actually African-black would be a bigger hindrance (see, e.g. Michele Obama), not that that subtlety will make any difference to the racists.

JFC.

• Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Sports team politics. That guys doesn't give a fuck about any of the things he's complaining about, he's merely saying them because it scores points for his team. You cannot seriously be going on and on about a fucking "coup" and subverting the will of voters when you're banging the drum for Donald "January 5th" Trump. They see it as a chance to "steal a point back" on their stupid scoreboard, so they twist themselves into pretzels to try and mirror reality to offset it. Which is why it's pointless to even talk to dipshits like that, they don't believe in anything so there's nothing to be convinced.

image.gif.d6e36b5b981fdd2d59a592bfbc26f77e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Imagine being so stupid that you can’t realize the same voters of a party who voted to nominate Joe are the exact same ones who have been contacting their congressfolk to tell them they want someone else. Those same voters can also change their mind based on new information. That’s how democracy works. 

...and they are the same voters who then responded with this:

ActBlue, the leading Democratic online donation processor, reported that donors gave $46.7 million in small-dollar donations through the platform for the day by 9 p.m. Eastern. It was already ActBlue's biggest day of 2024 with hours left to go.

Early Monday morning, Harris campaign spokesperson Brian Fallon said she raised $49.6 million in "grassroots donations" following Biden's endorsement of her.

• Hook 'Em 2