[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

you two have 50,000 posts of bootlicking dumbshit between you two and you want to talk about exhausting bullshit? you post on forums like it's a fucking job.

Obviously you're not a golfer

• Haha 3

I've seen the same talk of how this late change is a "coup" from some of my red pilled family on line. These same chucklefucks hand-wave their candidate calling the Georgia SOS asking him to find 11,780 votes, participating in alternate elector schemes for which others have now been indicted, and SUMMONING A FUCKING MOB TO ATTACK THE CAPITOL DURING THE TRANSITION OF POWER!

Go fuck yourself with a rusty pole you traitor supporting cunts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I've seen the same talk of how this late change is a "coup" from some of my red pilled family on line. These same chucklefucks hand-wave their candidate calling the Georgia SOS asking him to find 11,780 votes, participating in alternate elector schemes for which others have now been indicted, and SUMMONING A FUCKING MOB TO ATTACK THE CAPITOL DURING THE TRANSITION OF POWER!

Go fuck yourself with a rusty pole you traitor supporting cunts.

Every accusation. Again. 

Paraphrase

Joe Scarborough: How are things going to change since Biden had been struggling with young voters and voters of color?

Po Kamala commentator: She absolutely will help since she was put in charge by the Biden campaign for young voter, voters of color and women out reach.

Hmmmm, now we all know people vote for the top of the ticket but I find it funny that folks can't see the irony in that answer.

People just weren’t excited or enthused to vote for an 81 year old who struggles to speak and gets confused. It’s completely understandable. Stupid, but understandable 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

People just weren’t excited or enthused to vote for an 81 year old who struggles to speak and gets confused. It’s completely understandable. Stupid, but understandable 

Ole mush brain did the world a solid. 

57 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I know this shit shouldn't matter, but politics is just as much a popularity contest as any other, and looks matter. And with that said, Kamala has to be the best looking presidential candidate ever. She's genuinely attractive. Decades, and decades of advertising wisdom saying that beautiful people are winners, surely this has to help Harris. She doesn't just look decades younger than Trump, she makes him look like a lumpy half-filled burlap sack of horse shit.

Screenshot_20240722_075551.png

If only they could carry this around during live shots on the campaign trail.

sddefault.jpg

She is much younger and more coherent then the opposition and lets just leave it at that.

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Run him for POTUS?  

I think he's brilliant  I'd vote for him in a second, but most white male americans?  

9ef9e442-a0d2-4d52-b09b-f2283c832c05_tex

Just like in the show it did not matter that he is the top earner. Obama is proof that this country will eventually get there and Trump is proof that there will be a backlash by the bigots.

14 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

We’re not worried. In fact if Kamala wins then it’s just the final nail in the coffin. The final signal that it’s over and we deserve the complete & utter decline under our DEI oligarchs.

Voting for a black woman over a felon is a dei move?

6 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Slept on it, woke up and feel even better now. This is the only thing that could have possibly jolted the democrat's campaign. This is like sending in Major Applewhite in relief of Chris Simms. I don't care specifically that it's Kamala Harris, I'm just glad the democrats are doing anything they can to try and win this election, rather than just going on tradition in conventional wisdom. Times are changing, polls are misleading, and the stakes are too high to pussy foot around and not get nuts. I love the fight this is showing.

Yea, should just throw democratic process out the window and let the most powerful among you take authority and rule for everyone’s best interest.  

• Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Can I say how fucking stupid and contradictory the term "DEI oligarchs" are. An oligarchy is exclusionary by fucking definition, how can you be a diverse and inclusive oligarch? You are a fucking moron.

The ins/outs are just defined differently.  People value power, it creates oligarchies. 

4 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

The ins/outs are just defined differently.  People value power, it creates oligarchies. 

kinda seems more like they're just word-vomiting out the bullshit buzzword talking points they're being spoon fed from fox news without knowing what the fuck they're talking about or having any real point to make

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Yea, should just throw democratic process out the window and let the most powerful among you take authority and rule for everyone’s best interest.  

Biden declined the nomination in a perfectly legal way. The VP has stepped up to take over, as is the defined role of the VP. Supporters of the party donated $70M the day the change was announced, and 40,000 of them joined a zoom call to celebrate, so clearly the party supporters are on board -- not just the "most powerful" among them. And as a reminder, all Americans get to vote in November. Contrast this with the actual coup that was attempted on January 6, after pressure from the president to find votes to retain power, that attempted to kill the VP and stop the democratic process.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Biden declined the nomination in a perfectly legal way. The VP has stepped up to take over, as is the defined role of the VP. Supporters of the party donated $70M the day the change was announced, and 40,000 of them joined a zoom call to celebrate, so clearly the party supporters are on board -- not just the "most powerful" among them. And as a reminder, all Americans get to vote in November. Contrast this with the actual coup that was attempted on January 6, after pressure from the president to find votes to retain power, that attempted to kill the VP and stop the democratic process.

To clarify, that $70M was from ActBlue, which only accepts small dollar donations. Nothing in excess of like $1000. That $70M wasn't from elites, it was pure grassroots, $25-$100 a pop. That $70M wasn't a bunch of $500k donations, they were shitloads and shitloads of regular people pitching in small donations. The voting base is fired up.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

This does not mesh with my both sides talking points, so I'm choosing to ignore it. 

- 40% of America

16 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Lots of analysis on the web about the $91 Million in the Biden/Harris campaign.  Everyone is saying that Harris has access to that money, since they share a campaign committee, but it get's unclear if Harris is not on the ticket either as President or VP.   Different sites quote different experts says different things, everything from they would have of give refunds and ask folks to donate to the new campaign, or that the Biden campaign could donate 'unlimited funds' to the DNC.   

If anything goes to court before the election, it's going to be that money issue.

Current President Biden, operating in his official capacity as President, places control of campaign funds in the hands of his current VP so that he can continue operating in his official capacity as President with fewer distractions. And as we know, if the President does it in the capacity of his job duties, the motive for doing so cannot be considered, and it can't be deemed illegal. 

This will be fucking fantastic if she can get the required number of pledged delegates within a day of Biden stepping down. It'll show real unity in the party and the entire event will be moved past, and all that will remain is the energized momentum. This bodes so well for confidence, let's get this fucking doooone!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

1,208 as of 4:00.  She needs 1,976.

Lot of states where it appears the delegations haven't met yet.  Iowa is the only one I could see where undecided had more delegates than Harris. 

21 hours ago, immamac said:

Secretary of State after a proper transition from current Secretary of Transportation by 2026. Then run him in 28 or 32. 

Dude will be fucking nails with that experience. 12 years in the most impactful cabinet positions possible and him actually being good and having air cover from bipartisan support. 

SecDef, AG, Treasury, and DHS are all more impactful than transport.  He needs to handle guns or money. 

I don’t think SecState is a good stepping stone for the presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

SecDef, AG, Treasury, and DHS are all more impactful than transport.  He needs to handle guns or money. 

At least not anymore, this isn't the 1800s.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He's not a general even if he is a veteran. He cant just do gun stuff. 

Treasury doesn't have a real budget. DHS and AG are a step down and away, focused more on autonomous function than on lockstep policy implementation. 

Transportation has the biggest non military deployment of budget in history so it's a ton of money he has spent exceptionally well. 

Secretary of state isn't guns, but it's front line and front facing for the world leaders etc. 

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

He's not a general even if he is a veteran. He cant just do gun stuff. 

Treasury doesn't have a real budget. DHS and AG are a step down and away, focused more on autonomous function than on lockstep policy implementation. 

Transportation has the biggest non military deployment of budget in history so it's a ton of money he has spent exceptionally well. 

Secretary of state isn't guns, but it's front line and front facing for the world leaders etc. 

It’s been a minute but for decades and decades we didn’t put former flag officers in charge of DoD and arguably got better results.  Running the whole show is not like running an army.  His experience spending vast sums of money is probably more useful for the top civilian job. 

Transportation has a huge budget and it’s likely best benefit is that you stay out of political fights, but DHS and AG and Treasury are by far more prestige, powe ministries. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Mr. Haig thinks otherwise... 

image.thumb.png.0aba2564a5228853125ac0fd5906a8c5.png

• Haha 3

Actually the first former flag officer who went over to SecDef I can think of is Mattis. I think highly of him but Trump chose him because he wanted someone nicknamed “Mad Dog” in the cabinet.  I also really like Austin. It’s still not the greatest precedent and we need to get away from it, there are lots of reasons to find people far removed from inter and intra-service politics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This is like sending in Major Applewhite in relief of Chris Simms. 

Ha, that's the perfect metaphor. I seem to be vaguely remembering a bowl game against Wazzu? Am I making that up?

Democrats flirting with those in the middle whereas the R’s keep going further right.  Not saying it’s over, but it bodes rather poorly for the asshole party.  IF they eke this out for President, they’re so toxic they’ll keep losing seats in Congress that are in any tossup region. 

31 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Ha, that's the perfect metaphor. I seem to be vaguely remembering a bowl game against Wazzu? Am I making that up?

The one I think of is the 2001 Big XII Championship game v. Colorado in Irving.  Major comes roaring in, taunting the Buffalo bench.  Almost pulled it off.  

But then some Colorado players only committed light misdemeanors.  Kamala is going up against a 34-time convicted felon.  

22 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Slept on it, woke up and feel even better now. This is the only thing that could have possibly jolted the democrat's campaign. This is like sending in Major Applewhite in relief of Chris Simms. I don't care specifically that it's Kamala Harris, I'm just glad the democrats are doing anything they can to try and win this election, rather than just going on tradition in conventional wisdom. Times are changing, polls are misleading, and the stakes are too high to pussy foot around and not get nuts. I love the fight this is showing.

You slept on it, then woke up feeling even better about Kamala Harris at 3:27 AM.

They must have you working in shifts.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1