[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

Trolling?

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/04/1230453714/supreme-court-trump-colorado-ballot

The U.S. Supreme Court restored Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump to the Colorado primary ballot, ruling that the state lacked authority to disqualify him after his actions three years ago during the siege on the U.S. Capitol.

You mean 3 people Trump installed and a grifter who has taken millions in bribes invalidated the 10th amendment for a man who tried to overthrow our government 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

i was told for 6 years that donald trump was a threat to democracy.  now the dems are are subverting the electoral process to get the candidate they want in?  80 million people voted for joe biden(including me) and now that they are so far behind in every poll they know theyre not going to win they force out a guy thats been in public service for 40 ish years so they can cherry pick who they want? thats called irony.

You're not a real person.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

i was told for 6 years that donald trump was a threat to democracy.  now the dems are are subverting the electoral process to get the candidate they want in?  80 million people voted for joe biden(including me) and now that they are so far behind in every poll they know theyre not going to win they force out a guy thats been in public service for 40 ish years so they can cherry pick who they want? thats called irony.

you know who else you voted for?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The DNC, a private org, can choose their nominee however they want. The presumptive nominee removed himself. Trump’s team tried to get the 2024 Republican primary cancelled and name him the nominee  

Same party and political ideology that a private business can discriminate now upset that a private organization will pick its nominee

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

Get over it. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, immamac said:

Imagine being so stupid that you don't understand how an open or brokered  convention works

Oh I can easily imagine it because I’ve seen his moronic posts in the baseball thread. 

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Stop feeding the troll.

He’s not a troll. He’s just really that stupid. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Jesus fucking Christ I'm banning you. 

Thank the Lord. That idiot has been a waste of computer resources on this site for far too long. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

It's not done till the convention. Delegates cannot and should not be bound or voting prior to the convention. This is going to be a well regulated shit show, but a shit show nonetheless. 

They actually may be bound until released by the candidate or a conscious clause is triggered. In this case Biden is declining the nomination so I assume auto released. But that’s based on what I hear not what I know.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Of course it's going to be Kamala.  Even if anyone was dumb/narcissistic enough to throw his/her hat in the ring, she has the CA delegation, which is massive.  I imagine someone will throw a turd in the punch bowl in order to raise some campaign funds and get on that gravy train for a short while.  But this will be a done deal by the convention.  The Dems need to dot every I and cross every T to do this transition correctly because the GOP lawyers will be out in full force to try to fuck things up, and this SCOTUS may not care about a plaintiff's standing if it means flipping the election.  Don't even open the door there.  Do it to the letter of the law and relevant rules (which I think is what imma is getting at) through the convention.  

Still - loving the GOP concern trolling that somehow votes are being thrown away when their guy tried to just shut down the whole primary process earlier this year.  They seem so concerned about all the Dems votes not being counted earlier this year.  I need that same concern come November given that is where the real threat lies.

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

Hmm, where have I heard this before?

Ah, yes: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3476977

Y'all need better talking points lulz

80 million people voted for Biden to be POTUS from Jan 2021 to Jan 2025 and that's what we will get. Was every president prior to the 70's not democratically elected because the parties didn't give a fuck about primaries? Has every politician that's ever resigned or refused a nomination subverted the will of the voters?

Next time you see lead paint chips recommended on Texags, remember you don't have to eat them just because all of your friends are.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Would be smart to have someone else, who actually knows that they aren't going to get the nomination, say they are putting their name up. Let them speak at the convention, and get votes.  Then it wouldn't just be a fait de accompli that Harris is the nominee. 

7 minutes ago, Slacks said:

This is absolutely going to SC.

While it was the right thing for Biden to step down, this is a Briar Patch for Trump. He doesn't even have to be right.

Good. Fucking do it. There's no one on the planet that understands that there's no such thing as bad publicity better than Donald Trump. Let's spend the next 4 months talking about the GOP trying to pull out all the legal stops because they're too scared* to face someone born post 1950. Every fucking night.

*this is exactly why I never liked Colorado and Washington trying to pull Trump off the ballot

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Biden must be compelled to be the nominee even if it kills him. Again, it's flood the zone with bullshit and lawsuits to see if any of it can get a foothold. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Slacks said:

This is absolutely going to SC.

While it was the right thing for Biden to step down, this is a Briar Patch for Trump. He doesn't even have to be right.

What can SCOTUS rule?  There is not a democratic nominee. Biden has ended his candidacy. 

15 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i don't understand the speculation about how it might even get to the courts? i mean...he won the primary, he declined the nomination, so now somebody else will be the nominee. i mean will they actually legitimately try to argue that there should be no democratic nominee? even in our insane timeline rn that's not gonna happen. you can't force someone to run for office.

giphy(14).gif.9d1f21d23eee42d0ffbc7548443d0758.gifgiphy(1).gif.e6b4fc653e993304db45ceac100069e1.giftenor(21).gif.5c15e0ba6523f95d422cb8f9ad3c5686.gif

I think you're making a mistake in looking at it on the basis of merit as opposed to looking at ways the GOP can engage in ratfuckery.

• Hook 'Em 4

The 12th amendment clearly lays this process out.  It's one of the cleanest written amendments in the whole Constitution.  Plus it comes from 1804, an era that many justices have a hard-on for, the immediate aftermath of Marbury v. Madison.  

-There are no longer primaries, or even general ballots, for the VP slot.  It is treated as one federal ticket, administered by each of the states popular vote which feed into the EC.  And then as a fail-safe the convention system comes along decades later which lasts until 1968.  Which then evolves into this current primary system we've known for 56 years.  In none of those incarnations, have voters cast ballots for a VP directly which then dictate the statewide electors vote their EC ballot.  For a short while, you cast as an EC vote for both POTUS and VP, but that changed rapidly.  And again, at no time, were "the people" ever voting separately any longer for a VP.  And there was never any major party VP primaries.  

the whole "Americans were duped, this is unconstitutional!  they wanted Biden, now they get Harris!  Fake!"  Presidents select VP candidates every general election prior to, often before the convention.  If something were to happen to that POTUS nominee/incumbent between the selection and the general (death, assassination, resigning, incarceration, etc.), the party can move up the VP to the primary spot or open up the convention.  Nobody voted for Gerald Ford for VP.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, naija said:

on my TL, one of the not so surprising groups to worry about are Black men...

Yeah this isn't surprising. Young black men, to be specific. This group was already gravitating to Trump and having a black woman is not going to help that at all frankly. Note I'm not talking about Trump winning this subgroup outright but getting 25%-30% of the black male vote. 

The hope is that there's upside with youth, women, independents, and that the Democratic base - of which black women in particular are a foundational part - is energized. If that proves true it's a worthy electoral trade off. If it doesn't you were probably never winning the election anyway because those were the same groups Biden was failing to reach.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah this isn't surprising. Young black men, to be specific. This group was already gravitating to Trump and having a black woman is not going to help that at all frankly. Note I'm not talking about Trump winning this subgroup outright but getting 25%-30% of the black male vote. 

The hope is that there's upside with youth, women, independents, and that the Democratic base - of which black women in particular are a foundational part - is energized. If that proves true it's a worthy electoral trade off. If it doesn't you were probably never winning the election anyway because those were the same groups Biden was failing to reach.

Yeah the Trump campaign getting prominent rappers in the fold is specifically to target young black men

Here’s hoping mama and auntie let them have it for thinking of voting Trump

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, naija said:

on my TL, one of the not so surprising groups to worry about are Black men...

I've been wondering about the foundation for this behavior for years. I've asked some of my black female friends and I couldn't get a firm answer. Is it the male dominance trump puts out that resonates with them? Male Hispanics, especially Cuban males also.have been said to be drawn to this way of thinking.....I guess even at the expense of their right to vote ?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

I've been wondering about the foundation for this behavior for years. I've asked some of my black female friends and I couldn't get a firm answer. Is it the male dominance trump puts out that resonates with them? Male Hispanics, especially Cuban males also.have been said to be drawn to this way of thinking.....I guess even at the expense of their right to vote ?

I could type a long answer as to why, but its rather simple; men don't take very well to women outperforming them.

Edited by naija
  • Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

30 minutes ago, naija said:

I could type a long answer as to why, but it’s rather simple; men don't take very well to women outperforming them.

Would we be shocked if there’s a segment of black men who already don’t think they have any rights because of the system they live in?

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Trump will not get 30% of the black male vote.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Somehow the argument will be that Biden both must be the nominee but should resign the presidency 

When you think about the GQP and their broken Dunning-Kruger brains, it actually makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

*this is exactly why I never liked Colorado and Washington trying to pull Trump off the ballot

Those were related to pulling an insurrection. Which he did. 

Which in a normal democracy would be automatically disqualifying. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

He's too valuable as a cabinet member. 

The DOT is important, but there are plenty of very competent administrators that can do that job well.   Unless you're gonna make him Sec. of State or something, he needs to be CoS

Edit:  And, if you ARE gonna make him Secretary of State, tell the mofo to resign from DOT now and start studying Mandarin.  He'd have it mastered before January

Edited by Gil Bang

Just now, Gil Bang said:

The DOT is important, but there are plenty of very competent administrators that can do that job well.   Unless you're gonna make him Sec. of State or something, he needs to be CoS

I would absolutely make him sec of state. He would be awesome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

News flash… young males of all races are irrational thinkers, gravitate toward poor role models, and do stupid shit.   More at 11….

• Hook 'Em 3