[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

-What should matter most to KH: which one she feels most in sync with and most enthusiastic about working with.

-What matters next: guesses about electoral college.

I mean, what?  That's exactly backwards.  What matters is which ticket brings the most EC votes.  Full stop.  Get along or don't, I don't care.  Keep Trump out of the White House.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 11:49 PM, Satchel said:

Little known fact: she pledged AKA at Hampton University- the other “HU”

I rolled by *the* HU yesterday...  although nobody was there, I might have to pledge AKA, too.

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s just going to shitpost and troll all night isn’t he

It's on brand for him.  During the days following the 2020 election he was interviewed regularly on national news networks acting as state Attorney General.  Notice the Count von Count and USPS toys that are prominently displayed on his bookshelf in the background.  Dude has been battling Republicans while trolling for awhile.

image.png.30baebed6728b452397b0c08543bfcd2.png

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Walz strikes me as a possibly generational talent as a motivator of men. I'd always thought Minnesota State was entirely fictitious, too

I was curious and had to look it up, it was fictitious at the time of the Coach series. The system was created afterward with what was Mankato State University becoming the main MSU. similar to Texas State not existing when Necessary Roughness was made.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Man, they sure don’t like to talk about why those riots happened.

GEORGE FLOYD HAD FENTANYL IN HIS SYSTEM! THAT'S WHY HE DIED!!!! THE COPS WERE SCAPEGOATS! /MAGA dipshit who worried about Antifa brick piles. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kermit said:

Man, they sure don’t like to talk about why those riots happened.

Or show us a wide shot of the city so we can see that the vandalism was confined to just one city block or so. It wasn’t like it was Fallujah (or Mariupol or Gaza City, take your pick). Yet Fox News ran closeups of a few buildings on fire in Minneapolis and Portland, they ran them on a loop 24/7 and raged, “America is burning!” I see two buildings with fire damage in that clip. The one with serious damage is, I assume, the police HQ. The other one might have just experienced secondary damage from the truck fire in front of it. It’s hard to tell. Whatever the total damage there amounted to, I’d say it was considerably less then the value of one human life. But those on the right will disagree because we’re talking about a black life and to them black lives don’t matter much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or show us a wide shot of the city so we can see that the vandalism was confined to just one city block or so. It wasn’t like it was Fallujah (or Mariupol or Gaza City, take your pick). Yet Fox News ran closeups of a few buildings on fire in Minneapolis and Portland, they ran them on a loop 24/7 and raged, “America is burning!” I see two buildings with fire damage in that clip. The one with serious damage is, I assume, the police HQ. The other one might have just experienced secondary damage from the truck fire in front of it. It’s hard to tell. Whatever the total damage there amounted to, I’d say it was considerably less then the value of one human life. But those on the right will disagree because we’re talking about a black life and to them black lives don’t matter much. 

Well, there is also this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

• Hook 'Em 3

And in Olympic news, an historic first in the women's floor exercise:  all 3 medalists are black.

But wait!  Jordan Chiles' mother is Latina!  WHICH IS IT, JORDAN?  ARE YOU BLACK OR ARE YOU LATINA?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Should see a huge bump in the polls this week for Kamala/VP with his introduction today as well as appearance/speech at the rally in Philly tonight.

Not just Philly, but Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada and Arizona this week too.  North Carolina and Georgia events were postponed due to Debby. 

Posted (edited)

seems they’ve played the vp rollout buildup extremely well in keeping media attention. No stoops on a private jet moment and candidate list has seemingly been pared down to two which really helps build suspense and attention. Tying it all into a loaded tour calendar this week as Olympics come to a close with largely meh events remaining. 

Edited by bluto
  • Hook 'Em 1

If Harris tells the Secret service that she’s choosing Walz or Shapiro, they have to give both full protection. A few weeks ago they may have pushed back saying they needed to know the candidate before offering full protection. It’s doubtful they have any push after their laughable performances protecting Trump,

14 hours ago, bolverk said:

Conventional wisdom would say…

Stick with Biden, when they go low you go high, a criminal could never be electable…

Politics ain’t what they used to be.  One of the more encouraging things about the pivot to Kamala is that the Dems seem to understand this now and are acting accordingly.

Make it Walz or Pete and continue the trend of boldly giving the politically agnostic a refreshing alternative to both politics as usual and endgame MAGA.  I don’t know enough about Beshear to include him on that list.  I know enough about Shapiro to leave him off.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Harris tells the Secret service that she’s choosing Walz or Shapiro, they have to give both full protection. A few weeks ago they may have pushed back saying they needed to know the candidate before offering full protection. It’s doubtful they have any push after their laughable performances protecting Trump,

Would be very smart to send SS to both potential VP selections house to not give indication...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Would be very smart to send SS to both potential VP selections house to not give indication...

I have no idea the resources of the secret service but they currently have full level POTUS protection on Biden, nominee level protection on Trump (and former POTUS level protection) and Vance, nominee and full VP level protection on Harris + whoever is getting VP.  Plus they’re probably securing all the venues for Harris’ events this week + the DNC 

seems they’ve played the vp rollout buildup extremely well in keeping media attention. No stoops on a private jet moment and candidate list has seemingly been pared down to two which really helps build suspense and attention. Tying it all into a loaded tour calendar this week as Olympics come to a close with largely meh events remaining. 

The lack of leaks has been remarkable, as has the buildup, but I fear that including Shapiro in a final 2 creates an opportunity for this decision to be framed as a referendum on Israel/Jews no matter which she chooses. If he is the pick vs the current darling, the disappointment will be palpable within the base and if he isn’t then you can already predict the line of attack coming from Republicans. Hope I’m wrong.

Just now, Js1 said:

I have no idea the resources of the secret service but they currently have full level POTUS protection on Biden, nominee level protection on Trump (and former POTUS level protection) and Vance, nominee and full VP level protection on Harris + whoever is getting VP.  Plus they’re probably securing all the venues for Harris’ events this week + the DNC 

Yeah they're probably stretched pretty thin....

Does speaker also get SS protection?(Just a general question as I've never cared to look it up or know about it)

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah they're probably stretched pretty thin....

Does speaker also get SS protection?(Just a general question as I've never cared to look it up or know about it)

Don’t think Pelosi had it 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

On top of that, don't former Presidents (Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.) also get some level of SS protection?

The idea of providing SS detail for two potential VP mates seems a bit much.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The lack of leaks has been remarkable, as has the buildup, but I fear that including Shapiro in a final 2 creates an opportunity for this decision to be framed as a referendum on Israel/Jews no matter which she chooses. If he is the pick vs the current darling, the disappointment will be palpable within the base and if he isn’t then you can already predict the line of attack coming from Republicans. Hope I’m wrong.

MAGA saying she’s anti-Semitic bc she didn’t pick Shapiro won’t be anything new. Trump was saying she hates Jews (lol) since before the shortlist came out 

• Hook 'Em 1