[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I have no idea the resources of the secret service but they currently have full level POTUS protection on Biden, nominee level protection on Trump (and former POTUS level protection) and Vance, nominee and full VP level protection on Harris + whoever is getting VP.  Plus they’re probably securing all the venues for Harris’ events this week + the DNC 

They have ~8300 folks and do this every 4 years so it should be second nature at this point 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was hoping for Shapiro but I’m onboard 100% with Walz. Let’s go.

He will be a big time surrogate and I hope he’s at the rally today to show unity 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

FUCK YEAH!! Walz was my first choice, that pic of him with the kids when signing the lunch bill is fucking awesome

Feels like that photo op is going to be big with suburban women/moms 

Just now, Js1 said:

He will be a big time surrogate and I hope he’s at the rally today to show unity 

It's in Philly. He'll definitely be there, and he'll still get her the state. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yeah the board fascists are always keen to forget that little detail too. They were WAY too geeked seeing the state come down on their "other" groups.

But FUCK YEAH! Walz is a killer pick that will bring in more of the not tuned in voters

• Hook 'Em 2

CNN: the campaign loved his happy go lucky/joyful warrior.

Definitely setting up a contrast with Trump/vance’s negativity and doom and gloom 

• Hook 'Em 4

We'll see what happens, but no matter what this is a huge moment in Democratic politics. Picking a true public servant outside of the Beltway SOI who has enacted a lot of good and popular progressive policies. Fucking A, Kamala. Well done. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Need from campaign. 

I'm not doubting it's the pick, I'm just not changing threads until it's officially official. 

Harris, balls to the Walz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Need an official announce before I change thread title, but what are we naming the thread? This can be the DNC thread. 

Dems: Merry Band of Happy Warriors.

I dunno - you can workshop it. 

God CNN is bad. 

“does Harris have to explain why she didn’t pick Shapiro?”

”it’s been clear in the last week that Shapiro is who the republicans fear most”

REALLY??

• Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

God CNN is bad. 

“does Harris have to explain why she didn’t pick Shapiro?”

”it’s been clear in the last week that Shapiro is who the republicans fear most”

REALLY??

Or she can still use Shapiro without alienating progressives and the youth who don't support genocide in Gaza. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Absofuckinglutely.  Different people have said it at various times here, but most people are sick and fucking tired of living with the political brinksmanship.  Sick of feeling fear, dread, hate and divisiveness.  Collectively, voters were in desperate need of a shot of adrenal hope.  At least those that aren't weird -- which are the voters who would never riot at either the capital or in Portland.  The momentum swing after Biden stepped aside shows this.  Walz is going to continue that momentum and you can crash on his sofa without having to check it with a black light first.

One of the initial reasons I was so excited for biden was because he campaigned on being a great aisle crosser, who could work with enemies if needed. I was genuinely hopeful that work could get done, but I've come to realize the Republicans will never reach across the aisle, ever, outside of extremely rare times like when McCain gave the thumbs down. I am so, so fucking tired of this shit. I'm so fucking tired of "lets go brandon" and "liberal tears" and all this other antagonistic bullshit. I'm tired of feeling like a civil war is just a few nutjobs away.

I am so ready to see that pic of Walz with the kids plastered everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is Jeff Zeleny senile? Trump did not win Minnesota in 2016

You got to just turn that piece of shit network off. Stop giving them ratings. They have a financial interest in Trump getting back in the White House. That's all they care about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or she can still use Shapiro without alienating progressives and the youth who don't support genocide in Gaza. 

This was likely a huge factor.  Walz, and not Shapiro, gives Harris a better chance to win Michigan, if you really think the significant and vocal Muslim population in the state would sit out the election, or, even worse, vote for Trump, based on the singular issue of the Palestine/Israel war.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

You got to just turn that piece of shit network off. Stop giving them ratings. They have a financial interest in Trump getting back in the White House. That's all they care about. 

Meh was walking the dog and wanted to listen to what was being said about this AWESOME pick 

• Hook 'Em 2