[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

I wonder how long they think they can get away with saying "X democrat will take away everyone's guns" without it ever actually even coming close to happening.

How are there even any guns left? I thought Obama was taking all of them. Weird.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Asithappens said:

I'm a big fan of most things Minnesota. Just spent 3 weeks there on vacation. Nothing against Texas (the state) but Minnesota just seems so much more normal and not bat-shit crazy when it comes to politics. 

I hope whatever wave this is also takes out some Texas GOP politicians. 

Texas is full of a bunch of angry shit heads.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dont overthink it. Ballz to the Wallz. Or even Wallz to the Ballz. Wallz Deep. 

Wallz Deep gets my vote. Shit, I may get my own shirt printed up. 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The GQP party ticket

image.jpeg.d65caafc15b5452ae5d31c5b8907a8a1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I don't think any politician has ever completely owned the "who do you want to have a beer with" question quite like Walz. Especially compared to his counterpart. 

Vance would probably stick the beer bottle up his own ass. The extreme differences between these two guys is amazing. Walz has that rare  quality that he exudes credibility and you want to like him. It cant be taught, we all know a few people like that who can enter a room of strangers and immediately be everyone's friend. JD just seems like a grumpy fucking bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Holder's firm ran the vetting.  Harris and her team made the pick. 

I'm sure it was footnoted somewhere in the vetting report lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It’s basically a Biden pick - no, he won’t suddenly flip a shit ton of Trump voters but it reassures many. Small inroads make a difference in some states. Dude can go speak just as easily to unions and VFW halls as he can suburban moms 

Also Biden was a Senator from Delaware whose task was to win PA and he did it 3 times, the idea that Walz can't do the same is naive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Vance would probably stick the beer bottle up his own ass. The extreme differences between these two guys is amazing. Walz has that rare  quality that he exudes credibility and you want to like him. It cant be taught, we all know a few people like that who can enter a room of strangers and immediately be everyone's friend. JD just seems like a grumpy fucking bitch. 

It depends if the beer is domestic or not for Vance.  

Edited by TDunk

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The rest of the tweet for those not on there.

Screenshot_20240806-105229.png

I love the MAGA reply in that thread: "Walz is a communist who supported the BLM riots."

It's perfect MAGA.  First, it's two clauses...both of which are quite simply, lies.  Lying -- it's the MAGA way.

Second, MAGA will call anyone who....does not worship at the altar of Trump....a communist.  That's it.  You don't even have to be left of Trump, or left of center, or left.  Just "not fully Trumpy" = "COMMUNIST!"  It's a pejorative that has lost most all of its meaning in modern American dialogue.  Yeah, yeah, we get it, the guy who messed up Trump's order at McDonald's is a communist, blah blah blah, everyone I don't like is a communist.

"Supported the BLM riots" What does that even mean?  State Troopers were promptly dispatched to the cities.  The National Guard wasn't dispatched right away, as....you don't send them in right away.  From what I understand, when requested by local authorities, they were sent in.  At most, you could be critical that his response as governor wasn't aggressive enough...but that's a long way from "supported" the unrest.  I don't see any quote from him saying "the people need to go out and wreck shit" or anything like that.

So, this is all they've got.  More lying histrionics.  Fuck 'em.  I'm sick of their shit.

• Hook 'Em 8

I agree, but, Walz quit drinking decades ago, after getting a DUI
Do we need the vote more in the other state?

And

Pretty sure I've got a chicken parmesan bake recipe in my "Great Minnesota Hot Dish" cookbook.  I'll post it when I get home.  You betcha I will.

8c65a46192bf2939b202fb3b8c371cf1.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Probably want to go in January to see if you can handle it.

So much this.

My wife is from the panhandle.  Spent the first four years of her professional career in the Minneapolis area. She hated the weather, because it started to snow in October, and didn't fully melt until almost May.  And dreary every day in between.

Other than that, she liked her time there.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure I've got a chicken parmesan bake recipe in my "Great Minnesota Hot Dish" cookbook.  I'll post it when I get home.  You betcha I will.

8c65a46192bf2939b202fb3b8c371cf1.jpg

"...when I get home"?   You don't keep that in your briefcase?   I've heard that you don't have a monkey, so I'd think you'd have room. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So much this.

My wife is from the panhandle.  Spent the first four years of her professional career in the Minneapolis area. She hated the weather, because it started to snow in October, and didn't fully melt until almost May.  And dreary every day in between.

Due to my industry, I know a ton of people that have done time in Minny and they all say the exact same thing.  It would be on my retirement short list if not for the weather.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So much this.

My sister lived in Minneapolis for several years and said in the winter, people would routinely show up for work 3-4 hours late because of the snow and it was just accepted as normal. 

33 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
58 minutes ago, Pancho said:
image.thumb.png.959b7da647bf06832f4a1d86237f52eb.png

Knowing Tim he probably bartered w/ the store owner & got the turkey in exchange for shoveling his driveway in December & helping him put his dock back into the lake on Memorial Day weekend.

Lol. 

But that's A LOT of work for one free turkey. 

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Due to my industry, I know a ton of people that have done time in Minny and they all say the exact same thing.  It would be on my retirement short list if not for the weather.

I've got family born and raised up there.  They love the winters (they grew up in it).  They do all the winter sports: snowmobiling, hunting, etc.  They get out in it and enjoy it.  When my daughter moved to Montreal, it was the same.  You just gotta embrace it.  She took up cross-country skiing, and loved winter.

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dems uniting / the positivity is making me hard.

MAGA continuing to traffic in fear and hate. No policies whatsoever. Just hate. I'm sick of their shit!

This is the message.  This what we need to stick with and send out, over and over and over through November 5th, and beyond.  "America, aren't you just sick of all this shit?  Wouldn't you like to go with "normal, good, and decent" again?"

• Hook 'Em 4

Some of the first blurbs:

"Great that Harris had instant rapport with Tim Walz, the “best chemistry” among all her VP contenders. But I think it’s also why *voters*—90% of whom have no clue who he is, and do not care about the slight center-left ideological nuances of running mates—will also love him." -- Tim Anderson, founder of SPY magazine.

"Our school didn’t have air conditioning, and he would just get all sweaty and really passionate about whatever he was talking about. And it was just, you know, his shirt would get disheveled, but the passion would transfer over to us."   Student recalls MN Gov/VP candidate Tim Walz's history class.

"It was a decision that wound up being more freighted and pressured than anyone expected at the outset. That she made this call — against what had emerged as pundit consensus and surely against a set of loud and important donors — is a highly encouraging sign."  Random columnist

• Hook 'Em 4