[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Had to look up the genesis of the “Tampon Tim” nickname.  Like the Olympic boxer, just more manufactured outrage about transgender stuff.

this is how lost republicans are, morally

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have first hand experience with this dynamic.  The response has been "The first stimulus was neccessary, but the second one Biden authorized was what really fucked up the economy."

I can write a dissertation on how conservatives abandoned all their core values to worship dear leader, from bump stocks to handouts, to tariffs. The party of small government, free trade and gun rights was a lie.

The #1 thing, the true absolute north is making liberals cry.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Had to look up the genesis of the “Tampon Tim” nickname.  Like the Olympic boxer, just more manufactured outrage about transgender stuff.

gop has lost ALLLLL of the people good at this. it's nothing but MAGA grifters who have no idea what they are doing.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm no fan of the Mavs and he's exhibited quite a bit of douchery over the years but the man's politics mostly line up with those of us in this thread. I'm sure he was hoping for Shapiro for the Jewish/Israel angle, though. Give him a few mins and he'll slot in 100% behind Harris/Walz.

“The group formed after the alternative country rock act Uncle Tupelo broke up due to tensions between Farrar and bandmate Jeff Tweedy. After Uncle Tupelo split, Tweedy formed the alternative rock act Wilco, while Farrar decided to form another act. While forming Son Volt, Farrar met Jim and Dave Boquist during the final Uncle Tupelo tour and teamed up with former Uncle Tupelo drummer Mike Heidorn to create the band. The group performed and recorded in the Minneapolis area in late 1994 and performed its first concert at the 7th Street Entry in Minneapolis on June 16, 1995. While half of the band was rooted in the Minneapolis area, Farrar and Heidorn lived in the St. Louis area, and the band used both cities as bases for its operations during the first couple of years”
Wiki

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Right, because “ideologue” and “hate” are the words that spring to mind when I think of Joe Biden. Fuck your “both sides,” Mark. The Trump side is the one preaching division and hate. This isn’t a radical transformation on the left. It’s just new blood. 

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Cuban peaked in 1999. 

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

He's a tool. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

He's sadly the best we've got in the outspoken billionaire category. (not that we need more of them)

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Not to pick nits but Illinois and Chicago claims Son Volt.

I'm no fan of the Mavs and he's exhibited quite a bit of douchery over the years but the man's politics mostly line up with those of us in this thread. I'm sure he was hoping for Shapiro for the Jewish/Israel angle, though. Give him a few mins and he'll slot in 100% behind Harris/Walz.

Fuck Cuban. He sold the Mavs and took a bunch of money from one of the shittiest families in America. The guy has no principles to stand on. He can fuck right off with his hot takes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

who are these people and what have they done with the Democratic party? 🤨

Lock them in a room and never ever ever let them out. In the most loving and humane manner of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

I know I’m just feeling the rush of enthusiasm and am putting too much stock in average America, but I’m starting to sense an absolute ass kicking on Nov 5. 

I've been trying to avoid saying it, just for jinxing purpose. But yeah, big time. Coupled with Trump seemingly not wanting to campaign, or even really wanting to win.

The difference from 16 days ago is amazing. "Well, lets see if our 81 year-old nominee can make it through an interview" to this.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I know I’m just feeling the rush of enthusiasm and am putting too much stock in average America, but I’m starting to sense an absolute ass kicking on Nov 5. 

Me, reading Surly every day until election morning.

IMG_3117.png.989e044a3369850c8fd4e6f0786e5eba.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, mchookem said:

who are these people and what have they done with the Democratic party? 🤨

We’ve haven’t seen the GOP so rattled or the Dems so united since 2008. Just like people in 2008 had GOP fatigue after Bush/economic crash, voters have had enough of Trump/doom and gloom

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Uh, no.  H.W. Bush never attended law school and he was on the ticket in 1984, 1988, and 1992. 

W. Bush never attended law school. 

Dick Cheney never attended law school. 

John Kerry never attended law school.  

Mitt Romney never attended law school. 

Paul Ryan did not attend law school.  

John McCain did not attend law school. 

I'll give you a pass on falling for "saw somewhere" because most of the above seem like they were lawyers at some point.  But I can't give you a pass on two glaring fucking examples of major party nominees who not only couldn't get into law school, probably couldn't complete a GED right now----Donald Trump and Sarah Palin

The Wikipedia Machine tells me John Kerry and Mitt Romney have law degrees.

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Call me crazy, but I just don't think "Tim Walz favors child mutilation"  and "Tim Walz hates America" are going to stick. 

It's going to be fun to see the Republicans flail around trying to land something on him. 

I think this highlights a big part of the genius of the VP pick. All of the MAGATs feign outrage and seem genuinely unhappy while Walz is happy, friendly and talks about a better future for families instead of engaging with all the culture war BS.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"Kamala Chaos": There was an attempt.

image.thumb.png.63195508c002b747081553d6d9ac894c.png

The chick on the far right is high AF and just wanting it to be over. The rest are just wanting to get their check on go home. 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And I am hoping it is soon followed by an absolute bunch of crooks receiving prison sentences.  Time to take the fkn gloves off.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"Kamala Chaos": There was an attempt.

image.thumb.png.63195508c002b747081553d6d9ac894c.png

Is it just me or has since Biden dropped and Kamala has become the nominee that the MAGA dipshits have tried to put more paid black people behind the speaker podium for pictures and videos? I feel like before the last month it was nothing but whites.

• Hook 'Em 5