[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm sorry....this line of "attack" is just....amazing.  At this point, I'm waiting on the MAGA e-blast of "Fuck women, the worthless cunts!"  If you were to create a strategy to alienate every woman who isn't already a full-blown Trump cultist, it would look pretty much exactly like the current MAGAsphere messaging.

Shit on a dude for making sure women have tampons.  Criticize him for honoring Beyonce.  Ramble on for MONTHS about how evil and fake Taylor Swift is.  Oh, and you know, treat women like chattle with no bodily autonomy.   That's kind of a big deal.  Brilliant plan.  Please, continue.

Also....I gotta tell ya, listening to some of his speeches, conversations, him just being him.....I'm not embarrassed to say that I actually teared up a couple of times.  A decent man, with a heart for public service.  I thought they were pretty much extinct in this era.  Make America Decent and Good Again.  That's it.  That's all we have to do.  I don't have to agree with you on every policy.  I may think you're making a wrong move.  But if I KNOW you're making it for the right reasons, then I'll work with you as hard as I can to make that path a successful one.  That's pretty much all I ask from a leader, ANY leader.  Sure, there are morons out there who even though well-meaning, are so incompetent that they only make bad choices so you don't want them in the driver's seat.  But he's plainly demonstrated already that he's NOT that.  So he is in the band of "guy you sometimes agree with, sometimes disagree with, but would charge the gates of Hell with because he's a man of decency and honor and he's fighting for the right things."  Goddammit.  We need that.  We need this.  We need him.

I like "weird", and there needs to be another line of attack based around something like "grow up" for when they start with the 5th grade level humor.

I just realized I have $325 just sitting there in predictit. With Balz to the Walz riding shotgun, its all on Kamala now. If they dont pull it off, I'll have bigger concerns than 300 bucks, but my guess is 

weekend-party.gif.664fe9a5f41601fa73e934859f670672.gif 

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Better yet, Al Franken in a white wig. He's got the voice and accent to pull it off, plus it'd be karmic justice for Al to get back in the public eye and do some good.

I'm thinking Jim Gaffigan.

tim-walz-jim-gaffigan-snl-1014x570.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

Good quick read on Walz's experience teaching English in China and his positions as a US rep. This might be a little-recognized factor in his selections as we're sure to see China-related issues continue to crop up over the next few years, and he could be very useful as being a liaison for her administration.

Click to the story to hear him speak Chinese.

https://www.chinatalk.media/p/tim-walz-on-china

(don't skip over the bolded bit below)

image.png.7b0b54c4f01c94793288a095bfc70dfa.png

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Good quick read on Walz's experience teaching English in China and his positions as a US rep. This might be a little-recognized factor in his selections as we're sure to see China-related issues continue to crop up over the next few years, and he could be very useful as being a liaison for her administration.

Click to the story to hear him speak Chinese.

https://www.chinatalk.media/p/tim-walz-on-china

That's awesome. Reminds me about a study published out of Rice U the other day about China and Taiwan that was sobering af. I'll have a look at the China thread to see if it was posted there.

• Hook 'Em 1

The latest MAGA line is that Walz is guilty of "stolen valor" since he didn't retire as a Command Sargent Major - even though he did attain the rank and serve in that role. 

He retired as a Master Sargent since there was additional coursework he didn't complete as part of being a CSM. This was purely for administrative purposes and has nothing to do with his service.

This Xitter account verifies stolen valor claims and has been researching it. So far nothing of consequence - just MAGA being idiots.

13 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Verne Gagne and Nick Bockwingle reference? Is this heaven?

No. It’s surly.  Is there a heaven?

oh yeah. It’s the place where dreams come true. 

[takes a look around]

definitely not. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Enjoying seeing all these Beltway Dem pundits on TV struggling to fully get behind Walz. 

Stop staring at an electoral map on your laptop. Look up and start paying attention to what's happening in real life. 

As someone said, it's a bunch of rich Beltway pundits who speak to other rich Beltway pundits. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Man, I really will love if the right wants to try some stolen valor shit with Walz or any sort of insult about his military status. We can always bring back what Trump said about John McCain and 5 Star families. Or that he had bone spurs. Try it, you McDonalds eating little bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think it's looking better and better that Harris/Walz have the EC numbers on election day.  They're also looking better and better that Trump is going to push the base to make Jan 6 look like a cotillion by comparison.

I'm thinking of heading up there, just as an "observer".  I think a whole shit ton of Harris supporters need to do the same.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Like an eye-linered yippy dog around a polar bear.

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

Many followers not familiar with the military are asking me “so what’s the big deal about a command sergeant major?”

Walz joined at 18 as a private. Rose through the NCO (sergeant) ranks, each requiring extreme competence at increasingly demanding jobs with more people & responsibility at every rank.

When you reach “Master Sergeant” you are selected to serve as a First Sergeant (1SG) of a unit…if you’re good enough.

Then, those 1SGTs compete for selection to Sergeant Major. Only the best Sergeant Majors are selected for Command Sergeant Major (CSM) billets.

CSMs serve as the senior enlisted person in the unit and the advisor to Commanders at battalion and above.

Having served with dozens of CSMs as my unit & command “battle buddy” I will attest they were all awesome. They know what they’re doing. They uphold standards. They speak their minds to all ranks (private to generals). They’re not afraid of getting bad news because they know how to fix things when they go wrong. And they serve the command (their commander and their soldiers) with a selfless integrity and a complete dedication.

During social events and informal occasions, they’re usually a whole bunch of fun. And they always have great stories. But they’re always professional. So, those are my thoughts on Command Sergeants Major.

While I don’t know the details of @GovTimWalz career wearing the cloth of our country, just the fact that he volunteered to serve and wore the CSM rank tells me a lot about him.

tldr: Armies that win wars tend to have good sergeants.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Shapiro is killing it. 

I get why he was the runner up. 

Harris is not losing PA with Walz and Shapiro and Biden in her corner. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Enjoying seeing all these Beltway Dem pundits on TV struggling to fully get behind Walz. 

Stop staring at an electoral map on your laptop. Look up and start paying attention to what's happening in real life. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4