[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And then, after the audience exploded with laughter, tossed in an aside: “Did ya see what I did there?”

That's good dad shit right there. Just in case the kids didn't get the joke. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dumbass Alyssa Griffin keeps calling him Mike Walz

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

One of my favorite parts of an outstanding speech. Mind your own damn business!!

That needs to and should resonate with people 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, bolverk said:

Everything about that rally was perfect except for one thing: I really wish one of them would've given Biden a shout-out. His graceful decision to step aside deserves our gratitude.

It’s already been done a ton and there’s plenty of more time to do it more. This was the time for the two of them to shine as a team and focus on a renewed energy and sense of hope for the future.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Everything about that rally was perfect except for one thing: I really wish one of them would've given Biden a shout-out. His graceful decision to step aside deserves our gratitude.

I thought they were going there a few times. Specifically when mentioning violent crime was up under Trump I thought he was going to contrast it with the Biden and Harris administration then work a line about Biden and let the crowd applaud. 

But instead he teed up the line about not even counting the crimes Trump committed so that's another reason he's better at politics than I am.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Politics can be a bitch. His polling has been terrible the last 2 years (as much as most of us think he’s kicked mega ass). 

“Not going back” is a 💯 forward looking message. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, royiv said:

It’s already been done a ton and there’s plenty of more time to do it more. This was the time for the two of them to shine as a team and focus on a renewed energy and sense of hope for the future.

This. It was a Harris-Walz rollout 

The body language when he slides in "Ya see what I did there?"  You get that wrong, the whole bit falls apart.  You get just the right amount of mustard on it, it goes in the Presidential Archives.  Unlike his hot dish, that was just the right amount of mustard governor.  Well done.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Very interesting from Jamie Gangel that Shapiro leaned very much into his ambition during his interview and a “2 for the price of 1” type of deal

Not because he’s Jewish - he doesn’t sound like a good governing partner. He wanted to be co-POTUS

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I can see that. But they also had to give tribute to Josh Shapiro who couldn’t have been more gracious and supportive. He was 100% on board and if you missed his opening speech then you missed out. I’m okay with it because Biden is going to get his big moment at the convention. That’s going to be huge. And historic. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Anybody have connections at the Fathead wall decal company? Cause imma need a life-size Tim Walz fathead that I  can fist bump on the way out the door every day like its the NotreDame "Play Like a  Champion" sign. That mofo aint playing around. Donnie and JD want none of that f'n smoke. none of it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The convention will be all about honoring Joe Biden. Make no mistake. 

He’s speaking on night one. They’ll take credit for his wins but they are running on a forward looking platform. I doubt you’ll hear too much about him the rest of the DNC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

God bless Joe Biden. Wouldn't be at this point without his selfless act. True definition of "patriot." 

This.  A patriot realizes that what's important is getting the ball across the goal line to get America the win.  If he sees that he can't get it there himself, he hands it off to EARL MOTHERFUCKING CAMPBELL and  1) watches Earl wreck shop and score 6 points, b) watches the crowd goes nuts for Earl the motherfucking TYLER ROSE, and c) smiles like hell, because his decision to hand the ball off to a HOF RB is what gave the team the win.

• Hook 'Em 7

Watching the commentators on MSNBC have the light bulb moment that Walz "shrinks" Trump and MAGA with his rhetoric is exactly why he needed to be VP. Coach was the spark to completely change the mindset, and obviously a ton of credit to Kamala for doing the same and jumping quickly on a winning strategy. 

With Walz on the ticket, the consistency of this messaging will never waiver. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

As much as we are fan-girling over Tim Walz right now, let's not lose sight of what Kamala Harris just did.  She picked a running mate who can easily be seen as upstaging her.  And that's tough for any politician--Donald Trump could never do it.  A lot of people have alleged that was part of what was behind Bush's choice of Cheney rather than McCain.  And I imagine that has to be particularly tough for a candidate who didn't go through the primary process and is herself still introducing herself to the voters.

But she put her ego to the side and made the best pick for the campaign and for the country.

Yeah, fellas--we got a winner on our hands.

Kamala is feeling it like whoever the Grateful Dead guitar player is that had a 20 minute solo at Altamont in 1969. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

As much as we are fan-girling over Tim Walz right now, let's not lose sight of what Kamala Harris just did.  She picked a running mate who can easily be seen as upstaging her.  And that's tough for any politician--Donald Trump could never do it.  A lot of people have alleged that was part of what was behind Bush's choice of Cheney rather than McCain.  And I imagine that has to be particularly tough for a candidate who didn't go through the primary process and is herself still introducing herself to the voters.

But she put her ego to the side and made the best pick for the campaign and for the country.

Yeah, fellas--we got a winner on our hands.

It's the smart move. She knows what misogyny will and won't accept from her. She doesn't have to be the attack dog. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Switched over to FOX seconds ago and caught Pee Wee German bleeding from the eyes and squealing like a pig about how dangerous  presumptive VP Walz is. That guy just looks crazy. Geez.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, Satchel said:

Switched over to FOX seconds ago and caught Pee Wee German bleeding from the eyes and squealing like a pig about how dangerous  presumptive VP Walz is. That guy just looks crazy. Geez.

I checked about 20 minutes ago, and the screen read "phony razzle dazzle"

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

MSNBC talking about how Walz sort of shrinks Trump down to “just a weird fucking dude with this friend who wants to ban birth control” and sort of erases the fear and him being “powerful”

I imagine Walz as the guy on top of the first Sherman tank to bust through the concentration camp gates, swinging the .50 cal around at the SS Guards.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1