[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

Social worker, ski instructor, vegetarian, most of the outfits I've seen her in so far (tho to be sure, some of that is just Midwest chic to begin with), and just her general overall vibe.

I know six people who are either lesbians or bisexual who are: a social worker, a yoga instructor, and vegetarian. Boxes were checked off, okay?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Hope is giving very strong bi vibes, and I'm here for it. Gay up the campaign (obv not too much for the normies).

eta: tho my recent gaydar history is not great

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Y'all have no idea how many queer social workers there are in Texas throughout various governmental and private organizations. They're probably the only thing holding the fucking child welfare system in all of its parts together.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Social worker, ski instructor, vegetarian, most of the outfits I've seen her in so far (tho to be sure, some of that is just Midwest chic to begin with), and just her general overall vibe.

I know six people who are either lesbians or bisexual who are: a social worker, a yoga instructor, and vegetarian. Boxes were checked off, okay?

Ok, I wasn't being hostile, I was just curious. Thanks for responding.

My male gaydar is pretty good, imo, not so much with the lesbians. That little clip above was the first time I've ever seen her or knew anything about her. 

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Pretty sure safesex is just pro loving who you love. No need to attack her. 

I think we’re all on the same page here so no need to violently agree with each other

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

if it helps at all with your recent perception challenges, @safe sex...i've spent the last few years thinking @Schulz2.0 worked at a nuclear power plant for some reason (i cannot even remember the genesis of the belief) and now i see from this page that he apparently works at a refinery.

it's almost the same as you thinking i was a woman.

• Haha 3

I'm still hung up on what the hell "Midwestern Chic" is?  Is that like when you wear a full turtleneck under your buttown-down shirt, instead of just a dickey?  

Is Lululemon making snowmobiling leggings now?  I must now!  Yeah, I grew up, and still spend a lot of time in the Midwest.  We are not known for our fashion sense.  Even my gay friends back there make an attempt and it's like "Meh, I dunno.  It's supposed to get above 60 this April so thought I'd get a pink polo.  No good?"  

To Sidis point, I have no idea how some posters remember so much about other posters and their previous posts.  I mean, I'm guilty of jumping on somebody's post just above mine on a page, but I don't carry that with me from thread to thread.  I know what the people do for a living on here that I know in real life.  Pretty sure safesex is a nurse, ArmyBrat is retired and living his best life, and UTPhil seems to work in the mortgage lending business.  I exchange posts with Bifftannen on a daily basis and I have no fucking clue what he does in real life.  And I think Scheissmeister works in water/wastewater, or maybe that was a long time ago, dunno.  I am being dead serious, I have friends I've known for the better part of a decade and I still don't know what their names are.  I just say, "Hey man, good to see you."  And I don't know what probably 50% of my friends do for a living.  I know 25% of their wives names.  And I know 10% of their kids names.  I'm not trying to be aloof, I genuinely care how their family is doing and if there's ever anything I can do to help.  I was just born without that part of my brain.  And this place IS NOT HELPING! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Damn, I knew "rizz" from the jump.  I'm doing better.

Then again, I was texting my daughter yesterday and at one point she replied "you're spittin'".  I asked "you don't think so?"  "No, dad.  That means we agree."

I can't possibly keep up.  Take the victories when they come, I guess.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Then again, I was texting my daughter yesterday and at one point she replied "you're spittin'".  I asked "you don't think so?"  "No, dad.  That means we agree."

frfr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2024 at 5:04 PM, Brisketexan said:

Momentum is a thing.  When people feel a tide turning towards the good, they come out of their houses.  They donate when they've never donated before.  They show up and encourage each other.  The feed off of the energy and also add to it -- it's an energy multiplier.  It's not unlike the same shit that has happened with the Trumpists.  They came out from under their rocks because enough of their fellow under-rock dwellers came out, which told them that it was okay -- that their shittiness would even be CELEBRATED.

It's time for good and decent people to do that and more.  It's our time.  Come out.  Fight.  And keep coming out and fighting.  This is how we fight.  And when we fight, we win.

Brisket, me, and the ledge crew a couple of weeks ago:

spacer.png

Now:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Brisket, me, and the ledge crew a couple of weeks ago:

spacer.png

Now:

spacer.png

Maybe.  Smiles and shit are nice.  But let's skip ahead to the good part, where we make the MAGAs bug out and go home....

VgcN--.gif

I won't really smile unless and until we get to that end game.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Oh shit y'all. I just woke up from this hangover, and we're fucked all of a sudden

I got to have a little fun. Scott says he's making a movie and that's why he's scraggly.

image.png.5cd68ba21931641108a80f17f18a47d2.png

image.png.c5a29c8d5d39072b577055f6ddb47d54.png

He is, indeed, making a movie. He must be the star!

image.png.d3c31b17fb1b6cbd6f9899962e249c46.png

And he's the star! 

image.png.3c130bd193fd74bb0a2908114899d534.png

And he's...in it!

image.png.316cc66b4d4c39f5a3e6a07cd727a3d3.png

Must have been busy making other movies and this was all the time he had for this masterpiece. His most recent work:

image.png.a4da048b4fd419e0398e01dd936ae095.png

So, I guess not. 

Big, big celeb.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ong

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

How can I make a contribution to the Harris campaign without giving up a bunch of information that causes them to hound me forever? I’m already dealing with way too many spam calls.

For what it's worth, I donated last week and only got a few spam calls and only one campaign solicitation I unsubscribed from (none since). 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Anyone know how to get a Harris/Walz camouflage hat before October? I need one!

You’ll probably be able to find some real ones or knock offs on eBay in a matter of days. You could also try and find an embroidery shop that will make one for you 

25 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I’ve been unsuccessful in finding a campaign cap for large heads. About to just custom build one, but if anyone comes across something please let me know

Damn. Is your band name Big Head Todd and the Monsters?

Edited by Shaddie
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2024 at 7:14 PM, Creasy Bear said:

No actually his policy beliefs appeal to me. But hey at least we know that what appeals to you about Kamala is her skin color & gender? Nice!

Trump's policy beliefs?  Not sure if serious.  Trump believes in what will get him elected or re-elected, and nothing more, and doesn't give a flying fuck about changing them if it's believed to be expedient.  He believes everyone not named Trump is a piece of shit, including you, but "pulls" that belief if you suck up to him hard enough or have power that he wants or admires.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

As if brisket doesn’t roll into the taqueria like “orale vatos” but roll into the courtroom like “hello there how bout that weather huh”

You gotdamn right. Perfect Spanish at the taqueria. Fluent Texas lawyer when appearing in court in Small County, Texas (and damn right we talk about hunting beforehand). And pretty solid King’s English before many courts of appeal and the SCOTX and the Fifth Circuit.
Its how smart lawyers roll, see below:
Code switching is basically a requirement to be a lawyer tbh
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bluto said:

Shit at least 40% (auburn) already hate him, what’s another 5-10% 

You made me look it up 

https___arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal_s3.amazonaws.com_public_5K26G4JY2VBXPBO7IVX5MWT7KQ.thumb.jpg.8fa2ab6948a9b8b99b0671f14e65a8dc.jpg

Still I don't think he is hated by anyone really just extremely respected, it should be a priority to recruit him to run there.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump's policy beliefs?  Not sure if serious.  Trump believes in what will get him elected or re-elected, and nothing more, and doesn't give a flying fuck about changing them if it's believed to be expedient.  He believes everyone not named Trump is a piece of shit, including you, but "pulls" that belief if you suck up to him hard enough or have power that he wants or admires.

Poor Creasy is having a bad month. RFK Jr has brain worms from roadkill bears he does little playlets with, Vance is probably someone who wears women's skin in his basement, and Trumps is hiding out in the basement posting shitfits on Truth all day now. 

• Like 2

Also, I said I’d post a Minnesota Hot Dish recipe from my cookbook daily. Here’s today’s:

f411a7ca3a5984d4b0675ef6d1138a1f.jpg
dab9c942c2a509a0c8e51cac6fba32f2.jpg

“Theresa first saw the recipe on a soup can.”

Honestly…looks decent enough. Probably appreciated at casa Walz after a full day of campaigning for we the people.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, sidis said:

I've spent the last few years thinking @Schulz2.0 worked at a nuclear power plant for some reason (i cannot even remember the genesis of the belief) and now i see from this page that he apparently works at a refinery.

I was a Navy Nuke years ago.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, linux said:

You made me look it up 

https___arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal_s3.amazonaws.com_public_5K26G4JY2VBXPBO7IVX5MWT7KQ.thumb.jpg.8fa2ab6948a9b8b99b0671f14e65a8dc.jpg

Still I don't think he is hated by anyone really just extremely respected, it should be a priority to recruit him to run there.

I'm not sure I believe this chart, there is no way UAB has 13% of the state, none.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, I said I’d post a Minnesota Hot Dish recipe from my cookbook daily. Here’s today’s:

Honestly…looks decent enough. Probably appreciated at casa Walz after a full day of campaigning for we the people.

what is wrong with you

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 4

what is wrong with you

Just feelin’ all Minnesota nice, doncha know? My half brother gave me the book as a gift, glad it’s coming I handy. Really connects us to the zeitgeist. That’s German for “feelings and stuff,” ya know.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You traitor. If you don't start with a king ranch casserole you can get fucked! We need to being the folks in not alienate them. Slow burn.

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My mom made something like that decades ago and Ive been eating it ever since.  Chicken, rice, cream of mushroom soup and cheddar on top. Put it in a casserole dish and bake it for 35 mins.  Then turn the broiler on for a few minutes to get that cheese nice and bubbly brown. Sprinkle with cayenne.  

It's been a while I'm adding it to my HEB order

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2