[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Aaaaaannnd CNN's first comments after that speech are about how Biden talked about his legacy more than promoting Kamala.  Easiest decision ever to turn that shit off and go to bed.

The theme of the day was to emphasize what the party has delivered. The forward-looking stuff is for the remainder of the convention, and I totally disagree with the CNN assclowns. He constantly gave Kamala loads and loads of credit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Aaaaaannnd CNN's first comments after that speech are about how Biden talked about his legacy more than promoting Kamala.  Easiest decision ever to turn that shit off and go to bed.

For no real reason I ended up watching on ABC and in the minute or so after the speech that I caught their team praised Biden quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Calling CNN a dumpster fire is an insult to a dumpster fire.  

I still like looking at Erin Burnett though.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

What happened to him? He should go to work for Fox. 

He was the first to buy into Zaslav's (and his dipshit Licht) mandate for "both sides" bullshit, and he hasn't let it go.  Zaslav's day's are numbered, the Discovery merger is going to rank up there with the AOL Time Warner merger as being one of the biggest media disasters in history.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Calling CNN a dumpster fire is an insult to a dumpster fire.  

I still like looking at Erin Burnett though.  

She was way hotter when she talked about money on cbnc instead of politics on cnn 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

While I get the sentiment, Trump went for like 2 hours at the RNC. Whether there was a single coherent thought during that time is another story.

10 minutes of substance though. I stand by my statement and killed it even more the last 15 minutes I was behind on. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

If anyone was on the fence as to whether Scott Jennings is a giant douchebag, that should no longer be in question.

He's there to throw water on the Democrat parade, while pretending that he's somehow a voice of reason.  There is a division, Scott, and the GOP is providing it so that they can bring tax breaks and control to billionaires.  

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

He's there to throw water on the Democrat parade, while pretending that he's somehow a voice of reason.  There is a division, Scott, and the GOP is providing it so that they can bring tax breaks and control to billionaires.  

How hard was it for anyone else on that panel to ask him if the country that is so divided under Biden wasn’t the same or worse under Trump.  Also, I switched to Fox News because my son wanted to hear what they had to say to see the difference in the networks.  I got to listen Kelly Anne and Rove trash Biden and the speech and had to turn it off. The media in this country should be shut down at this point.   They serve no good for the citizens of this country.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 3

How hard was it for anyone else on that panel to ask him if the country that is so divided under Biden wasn’t the same or worse under Trump.  Also, I switched to Fox News because my son wanted to hear what they had to say to see the difference in the networks.  I got to listen Kelly Anne and Rove trash Biden and the speech and had to turn it off. The media in this country should be shut down at this point.   They serve no good for the citizens of this country.  

Can old Joe bring back the Fairness Doctrine by presidential decree? That would be a great start…
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

CNN and the others try to show a balance, whereas Fox dropped all pretenses, especially after their lawsuit slap down.  Rove and Kelly Anne are true believer material, and not reaching new followers.  They are extremely hard on the ears, eyes, and brain.   

Kinda boring but it’s like a political party that wants to do shit that good for a nation and good for all of us. I forgot what a normal political party looks like. Jesus. Biden is like … normal. 

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

There was a time when the convention was just on TV and that was it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I like taking shots at the cryptkeeper as much as anyone else, but she has been absolutely crucial in getting this thing turned around since the debate.

Yeah and still fuck her. Look I’ll never get over the fact that I think what’s best for America was a second term for Biden. I hope I’m wrong here but while Kamala will win and that’s great I think she will be stymied coming and going in ways Joe wouldn’t. Sucks but it’s what I think will happen. Again, I’d love to be wrong.

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

weird how a 33 year old is better looking than a 48 year old

Yeah and I love money more than politics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Nancy (and Carville) are why there won't be another orange shitstain administration.

True and I still wanted a second Biden admin. Sorry both are true. He had to go and a second term is what’s best for our country and I’m still mad about it and happy a change was made too. 

it’s like some of you fellas have no experience with women - two positions that can not both be true at the same time are in fact true at the same time. So stop arguing. He’s best for our country and he had to go. Still pissed about it. Will be for a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You are sort of full of shitty takes tonight troph.  Unless you have some deep personal information about the relationship between Biden and Pelosi over the last 50 years, I don’t think you’re in a position to judge how they feel about each other.   

it’s like you’d rather Joe remain the candidate and Trump become the last American president.  if Pelosi was the one who actually convinced Biden to step down, either willingly or unwillingly, respectfully or back-stabby, she deserves the fucking Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Yeah not really. I explained just above. If we don’t win the house and senate I’m afraid the lone win we will have is beating Trump and I get that’s paramount, but fuck me I loved the progress of the last four years and I’m afraid a black woman with little congressional experience won’t get as much done. I hope I’m wrong but I resent the fuck out of our electorate that the best person for the job was run out of town. Yeah I get he’s old but fuck he was the most effective president in my lifetime and I’ll be damned if I’m the one that is just thrilled about the reality that he has to go and that we probably won’t be better because of it. 

sorry, it’s just where I’m at, and I’m extremely enthusiastic about Kamala’s campaign and I deeply hope that I’m wrong about her effectiveness. I just don’t think the otherside can stomach a woman leading the free world and a black one at that. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah not really. I explained just above. If we don’t win the house and senate I’m afraid the lone win we will have is beating Trump and I get that’s paramount, but fuck me I loved the progress of the last four years and I’m afraid a black woman with little congressional experience won’t get as much done. I hope I’m wrong but I resent the fuck out of our electorate that the best person for the job was run out of town. Yeah I get he’s old but fuck he was the most effective president in my lifetime and I’ll be damned if I’m the one that is just thrilled about the reality that he has to go and that we probably won’t be better because of it. 

sorry, it’s just where I’m at, and I’m extremely enthusiastic about Kamala’s campaign and I deeply hope that I’m wrong about her effectiveness. I just don’t think the otherside can stomach a woman and a black one at that. 

She and her campaign have shown nothing but competence so far. Honestly, just can the lib NPC shit and enjoy it. You're bumming everyone out. What needed to happen happened and it's for the best.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think even if Biden were to beat Trump on Election Day somehow, Trumpism would linger.

Kamala represents an opportunity to put Trumpism to bed and force the GOP to move in a different direction. Feels naive, but that's the vibe

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, troph said:

sorry, it’s just where I’m at, and I’m extremely enthusiastic about Kamala’s campaign and I deeply hope that I’m wrong about her effectiveness. I just don’t think the otherside can stomach a woman and a black one at that

I hear you. And I agree with a whole lot of that.  My take on this is that the other side is pretty much baked in. I do not see any shit for brains Trump voter thinking that they would vote for Biden, but not Harris.  

I also think that an electoral shit ton of women, including a double shit ton of black women, are going to show up in numbers so great that it will dwarf any reluctant misogynist or racists.   Misogynists and racists are already on team Trump.  

I’ve known for some time that the women of this country will be the saviors of it.   The Democrats adding the abortion laws to all those ballots will create a blue wave of voters.  I cannot guarantee you that it will be enough, but I feel 1000% sure in my gut that Kamala will be the catalyst that wins the White House.  And if we win the White House, we are going to take the House.   The Senate I’m not sure about, but don’t harsh my mellow.

i’m thinking that the convention bounce will result in something like a 8 points Harris over Trump in polling (2 more than now).  I do not think we’ve seen the zenith of weird deranged Trump behavior yet, but that being behind so much will make Trump behave in a manner that could push it to 10 points. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

This dem convention has it all

- speeches from unions

- speeches from left wing progressives

- mentions of God and religion

- chants of USA USA USA

Bill Hader Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yeah, but did they have

Watch Roman J. Israel, Esq. | Prime Video

?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

As do I. 3 acres of 6 foot fence with barbs at the top. Two sliding gates with padlocks. I’m racist.

Why? You live in Beverly now?

For those not in the know, Beverly is a rough neighborhood in 'stanco's town. 

6 hours ago, troph said:

Fuck nancy pelosi with her we love Joe stick. 

It was funny watching the camera pan to her. You know a lot of people in that audience were staring a hole through her. But still, she is the reason we have a chance to finally put a stake in Donald Trump and be done with his era. She did the hard but necessary thing. Biden will be remembered for his sacrifice. His legacy is intact. He won't be the reason democracy failed. He'll be what history books are written about putting country before self. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2