[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

IMG_2097.jpeg

It has been 30 days since Harris announced her campaign bid, and they still cannot find one legitimate complaint to run against. The GOP is a complete sham of an organization. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Fuck swindell. He's a broken brained embarrassment. 

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s not wearing a flag AR-15 pin on his lapel! How can he say he loves America if he’s not wearing a flag AR-15 pin on his lapel?!

Fixed for the short-dicked guntards 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

Fuck worrying about what the other side can stomach. They whine about EVERYTHING. And then they pretend to be offended by everything else. They’re going to burn down the country because they’re petulant toddlers. And they would do it even if we nominated the second coming of Abraham Lincoln. Fuck their feelings

The way we don’t lose progress is by moving forward and not caving to they’re bigoted bullshit.

That’s wasn’t my point. 

17 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Well that does it. If the ,la hat is too esoteric for smart guys like immamac & south Austin then there's no way the maggy rubes will get it.

But I hear if you buy a hat like that, you get a free bowl of soup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Joe BIden has been a very effective President, but he is a shitty campaigner. And he was 100% going to lose this election. There's what's fair, and there's reality. I prefer paying attention to the latter. And as mentioned before, he made his own bed in many ways.

And I don't buy all the hysterics and predicted doom about a woman President. Yeah, these dipshits are gonna yell and scream about it while they still can. And then when a woman takes office, they're gonna get over it. It's just a last gasp of of feigned concern from people who are afraid of change. 

Look, it’s gotta be this way. I agree 100%. It’s also ok to be frustrated one of the greatest administrations in our lifetimes was only 4 years. And given the state of politics and past precedent with how Obama was stymied it’s a reasonable concern to have for her administration.

y’all are all smart the fact that many of you can’t understand that point is really peculiar. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Joey is an extremely obvious troll that has realized he gets engagement by acting like a douche. The bigger issue is the fact that there was a legitimate audience for that shit.

So we are saying the same thing?

USA, USA, USA!! Greg am I doing it right? 

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

Just now, troph said:

That’s wasn’t my point. 

Idk what your point was through all the whining tbh. 

Last night's messaging was crisp, clear and completely on point establishing the basis for the Democratic platform on a national stage in the full spotlight and you are over here whining about shit like an old boomer than has nothing to do with what they are doing. 

The narrative was strong, the order of speakers was fantastic and the energy in the room was so electric/high it came through even on small screens. There was absolutely no talk of extreme policy of any kind, but lots of talk about work left to be done without disparaging the work that has been done. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Look, it’s gotta be this way. I agree 100%. It’s also ok to be frustrated one of the greatest administrations in our lifetimes was only 4 years. And given the state of politics and past precedent with how Obama was stymied it’s a reasonable concern to have for her administration.

y’all are all smart the fact that many of you can’t understand that point is really peculiar. 

We understand the point. But we accept it and move on.

Also, it was supposed to only be 4 years with Joe. That was the handshake agreement with voters when he was handed a contested primary early thanks to Clyburn and other candidates coalescing around him. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Joe BIden has been a very effective President, but he is a shitty campaigner. And he was 100% going to lose this election. There's what's fair, and there's reality. I prefer paying attention to the latter. And as mentioned before, he made his own bed in many ways.

And I don't buy all the hysterics and predicted doom about a woman President. Yeah, these dipshits are gonna yell and scream about it while they still can. And then when a woman takes office, they're gonna get over it. It's just a last gasp of of feigned concern from people who are afraid of change. 

Probably true.

And, I am somewhat in agreement with troph.  For all my distaste for career politicians like Joe, they know how to get shit done.  Kamala, don't care if she's a woman, is a relative neophyte from an executive and legislative standpoint.

I suspect Joe Biden got as much done with an oppositional/defiant GOP and without decisive majorities in either house as is humanly possible.

We're going to miss that.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Probably true.

And, I am somewhat in agreement with troph.  For all my distaste for career politicians like Joe, they know how to get shit done.  Kamala, don't care if she's a woman, is a relative neophyte from an executive and legislative standpoint.

I suspect Joe Biden got as much done with an oppositional/defiant GOP and without decisive majorities in either house as is humanly possible.

We're going to miss that.

That’s it. And I actually remember saying I wouldn’t go down this path again. Clearly I’m still frustrated. But I tend to want the ideal situation, ha that’s really never gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We understand the point. But we accept it and move on.

Also, it was supposed to only be 4 years with Joe. That was the handshake agreement with voters when he was handed a contested primary early thanks to Clyburn and other candidates coalescing around him. 

Based on responses, many have trouble with reading comprehension. You clearly are not one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Idk what your point was through all the whining tbh. 

Last night's messaging was crisp, clear and completely on point establishing the basis for the Democratic platform on a national stage in the full spotlight and you are over here whining about shit like an old boomer than has nothing to do with what they are doing. 

The narrative was strong, the order of speakers was fantastic and the energy in the room was so electric/high it came through even on small screens. There was absolutely no talk of extreme policy of any kind, but lots of talk about work left to be done without disparaging the work that has been done. 

Bullshit. Twice restated it. It’s easy to understand. It’s not the points people wanna talk about here. It’s fine, I’m 100% team Kamala, Joe was going to lose, and I hope she can be as effective as he was when she wins. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

Bullshit. Twice restated it. It’s easy to understand. It’s not the points people wanna talk about here. It’s fine, I’m 100% team Kamala, Joe was going to lose, and I hope she can be as effective as he was when she wins. 

You are whining. Your point doesn't land because of your whining. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, troph said:

You don't seem to be leaving any space that people are just disagreeing with what you are postulating, and feel Harris will be as effective as Biden.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, G650 said:

You don't seem to be leaving any space that people are just disagreeing with what you are postulating, and feel Harris will be as effective as Biden.

Except no one has said that. I hope she is. If we take the house and grow the lead in the senate she may well be. Hard to beat one of the best though. 

33 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Guys, Nancy Pelosi and James Carville aren’t responsible for the Dems getting their shit together. That’s 100% Kamala and Biden. Pelosi and Carville both wanted Biden to step aside, but they didn’t want Harris to become the Democratic candidate.

They’re not brilliant puppet masters, they were desperate and stupid and are very lucky Biden was smart enough to endorse Kamala immediately and that Kamala was able to secure enough support among the party to immediately eliminate the idea that it could be anyone else.

Not saying you're wrong, but why do you believe Pelosi didn't want Kamala?

• Haha 1

That’s wasn’t my point. 

This is our chance to say fuck you to the GQP nonsense. It won’t end it. But we can clearly say we’re not going to worry about their bigotry. No more concerns about how brothers who live in an alternate universe respond to moving forward.

I love joe. But someone at an age well past when most people retire is not the best person for making the case.

And after a really successful night with incredible energy that was obvious even from my iPad screen my patience for listening to people worry about how bigots will react is gone
  • Hook 'Em 5

40 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Joey is an extremely obvious troll that has realized he gets engagement by acting like a douche. The bigger issue is the fact that there was a legitimate audience for that shit.

I wouldn’t give him credit that he realizes that. He’s just a douche.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Orale said:

Not saying you're wrong, but why do you believe Pelosi didn't want Kamala?

She didn’t but not for reasons people think. I thought this was pretty well known

Also worrying about how people will react to shot is how we get milquetoast candidates who lose. See Clinton, Mondale,Dukakis, Gore. And yes 80 year old Biden, who at this point is too old to effectively campaign on a daily basis

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Fuck worrying about what the other side can stomach. They whine about EVERYTHING. And then they pretend to be offended by everything else. They’re going to burn down the country because they’re petulant toddlers. And they would do it even if we nominated the second coming of Abraham Lincoln. Fuck their feelings

The way we don’t lose progress is by moving forward and not caving to they’re bigoted bullshit.

I wish I could rep this multiple times.  This is the fucking way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

He's actually a really good campaigner. The problem is that he is too old to actually campaign.

He's a great traditional politician/campaigner, but I'm not sure how he'd fair in this election, even at a younger age. In 2020, Trump's idiocy and ineptitude was on full display daily for the world to see, not just at a rally in Bumfuckville, Arkansas. This election has been begging for someone to be a little unorthodox and go on the offensive, reminding people of how truly creepy and unhinged these GOP losers are.

• Like 1

He's a great traditional politician/campaigner, but I'm not sure how he'd fair in this election, even at a younger age. In 2020, Trump's idiocy and ineptitude was on full display daily for the world to see, not just at a rally in Bumfuckville, Arkansas. This election has been begging for someone to be a little unorthodox and go on the offensive, reminding people of how truly creepy and unhinged these GOP losers are.

This. And assuming Harris wins and there are still books in a few decades. History will remember Biden as one of the greatest presidents in our country’s history. He guided us out of fascism. And then selflessly stood aside for the good of the nation to keep democracy alive
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1